Fallout 2 Savegame Editor

I'm trying to use this with Fallout Et Tu (https://github.com/rotators/Fo1in2) and I'm getting the following errors when trying to edit a savegame:
Code:
18:04:28.578 WARNING The key(1209) with the text(Your hit points have been enhanced a little by repeated use of the autodoc.) already exists(Your hit points have been enhanced a little by repeated drunkeness.) in file: text\english\game\perk.msg new value is ignored.
18:04:28.578 WARNING The key(1210) with the text(Your hit points have been enhanced a little more by repeated use of the autodoc.) already exists(Your hit points have been enhanced a little more by repeated drunkeness.) in file: text\english\game\perk.msg new value is ignored.
18:04:28.578 WARNING The key(1211) with the text(Your hit points have been lowered slightly by repeated use of the autodoc.) already exists(Your hit points have been lowered slightly by repeated drunkeness.) in file: text\english\game\perk.msg new value is ignored.
18:04:28.578 WARNING The key(1212) with the text(Your hit points have been lowered slightly by repeated use of the autodoc.) already exists(Your hit points have been lowered slightly by repeated drunkeness.) in file: text\english\game\perk.msg new value is ignored.
18:04:28.593 WARNING The key(3358) with the text(Some bounty hunters.) already exists(Some bounty hunters.) in file: text\english\game\worldmap.msg new value is ignored.
18:04:28.593 WARNING The key(3359) with the text(Some bounty hunters.) already exists(Some bounty hunters.) in file: text\english\game\worldmap.msg new value is ignored.
18:04:28.593 WARNING The key(3360) with the text(Some bounty hunters.) already exists(Some bounty hunters.) in file: text\english\game\worldmap.msg new value is ignored.
18:04:28.593 WARNING The key(3361) with the text(Some bounty hunters.) already exists(Some bounty hunters.) in file: text\english\game\worldmap.msg new value is ignored.
18:04:28.593 WARNING The key(3362) with the text(A band of ruffians led by a Morton Brother.) already exists(A band of ruffians led by a Morton Brother.) in file: text\english\game\worldmap.msg new value is ignored.
18:04:28.609 WARNING The key(3308) with the text(Some bounty hunters.) already exists(Some bounty hunters.) in file: text\english\game\worldmap.msg new value is ignored.
18:04:28.609 WARNING The key(3309) with the text(Some bounty hunters.) already exists(Some bounty hunters.) in file: text\english\game\worldmap.msg new value is ignored.
18:04:28.609 WARNING The key(3310) with the text(Some bounty hunters.) already exists(Some bounty hunters.) in file: text\english\game\worldmap.msg new value is ignored.
18:04:28.609 WARNING The key(3311) with the text(Some bounty hunters.) already exists(Some bounty hunters.) in file: text\english\game\worldmap.msg new value is ignored.
18:04:28.609 WARNING The key(3312) with the text(A band of ruffians led by a Morton Brother.) already exists(A band of ruffians led by a Morton Brother.) in file: text\english\game\worldmap.msg new value is ignored.
18:04:28.609 WARNING The key(6050) with the text(Some bounty hunters.) already exists(Toxic waste dump) in file: text\english\game\worldmap.msg new value is ignored.
18:04:33.457 WARNING Invalid data in function 3. There should be at least one map.
18:04:33.458 WARNING array of GVARs != duplicate array. Expect the crash.
18:04:33.459 WARNING Function 5 doesn't start with 0x0,0x0,'FP'. We are definitely going to crash.
18:04:33.460 ERROR Can't get type for item in inventory.
18:04:33.460 ERROR Failed to load: U:\Games\Fallout 2\Fallout1in2\data\SAVEGAME\SLOT01\SAVE.DAT
18:04:33.469 WARNING File: U:\Games\Fallout 2\Fallout1in2\data\SAVEGAME\SLOT01\sfallgv.sav was loaded with errors. Position 96/100

The header display looks ok, as does GVAR list and World Map. Inventory, Stats, Skills/Perks tabs do not work. Using Nov 17 2019 build.

Anything I can do on my side to make it work? Or does it require @vad to change something in code? Thanks in advance!

\SLOT03\SAVE.DAT.backup" error: No such file or directory

this is the error I get I'm on windows ten.

how to fix this?

I guess F12se doesn't have the permission to create/write the file. If you happen to install Steam and Fallout 2 in your C:\Program Files\, the chance would be pretty high.

I guess F12se doesn't have the permission to create/write the file. If you happen to install Steam and Fallout 2 in your C:\Program Files\, the chance would be pretty high.

I installed it off a disk copy to program files how do i give it permission?

You may not need to reinstall. Try copying your entire fallout 2 directory to some other place and simply run fallout2.exe from new folder. See what happens. Same for editor, run it on the new game location. might resolve your issue.

Are there any editors that will allow you to edit companion stats?
it is possile only for Fallout2 engine games in VAD's editor F12SE or F2SE. Fallout1 has the option removed in VAD's editor, beats me why.

Note: please do remember that all changes get forgotten if you save after partyNPC levels up (except 1.5 Resurrection as it handles lvlups differently). and editing NPC and reverting it's stats in a savegane can cause errors.. so it's best to get your npc to last level and edit them *after that* .

Hmm...I tried using this editor with the FO2's restoration project but it cant seem to handle it, it loads the save with errors and i cannot edit stats or anything.

Does anyone know of an editor that works with the restoration project?

Edit : Nevermind, i had to switch the editor to FO2 mode.

Last edited:
it is possile only for Fallout2 engine games in VAD's editor F12SE or F2SE. Fallout1 has the option removed in VAD's editor, beats me why.
Because Fallout2 copies proto files for companions in savegame directory and uses them. Fallout1 uses original files without creating copies. In Fallout1 you can't change followers only in saved game, you must do it globaly.

It is possible to move around the current map. "Misc" tab -> "Local map" group box -> X and Y coordinates. But I don't know how to get coordinates for exit area, so it is not good method to move character.

When I try to select the save location to start using the program it says " Can't find:C:\Users\Christi\OneDrive\Desktop\Fallout\DATA\SAVEGAME\SLOT04\fallout.cfg "

what am I doing wrong?

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but: I'm doing the "Find Jonny" quest in Modoc, but I talked to his dad before getting my rep up sufficiently, and he didn't send Laddie along to help me. I know I don't need Laddie to finish the quest, but if I want to edit him into my party anyway for completionism's sake, what variables would I edit? Anyone know?

I have problems with those editors. I am trying to open fallout resurrection saves. Is that possible?

flache2
it sees saves but cant open them -> character data (main1) not found -> then it closes on its own

f2se
do not sees save files at all no matter the directory from main game directory to particual save forlder

f12se
sees the save file and can open it but every value is incorrect

What do i do?

Yeah. That worked. It is beyond me how friendly, skilled end educated are people in this forums. If you people dont already have answers for every problem there is i will go jump off the bridge right now.

Back