Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2: Weapons Redone v2.3

MIB88 said:
Oracle said:
I would love to see a bigger variation in the encounters.

Is it possible to change the patern (critter spawning on map) of the critters in the encounters?

What I would like to see for example is when you get encountered by bandits for example, you'll be surrounded (bandits spawned around the party). However when you get the encounter choise on the map and you choose yes, you should be able to suround the enemy (with the PC's whole party to attack first) Is something like this easy to implent? Or is it way to time consuming (or impossible at all)

Greater variation of encounters can be done in some sectors of the worldmap. Currently, there is the possibility of 40 different encounters per sector. (I tried going past this once, and ended up breaking the game. Maybe Timeslip can figure out a way to go past this limit.) Anyway, some sectors have only about 20 different encounters, while others have over 30. So, it is possible to encounter raiders in a huddle, surrounding, line, etc. by repeating the exact encounter with only one line change. However, to do this in a non-random fashion? I don't know about that one. Again, maybe something can be hacked with sfall.

Or... Maybe something can be done upon map_enter. I don't know how to tell the game to check if it was a player-chosen encounter or not. However, it might still be possible to move critters around on a map this way. Or... maybe make a blank encounter (just give it the name like 'Raiders with dogs' or whatever. Then, the critters can all be created on the map in the different configurations. Still requires a check for chosen or not-chosen encounter, though, which is still beyond me.

The perk "Cautious Nature" says "... With this perk you get a +3 to your perception in random encounters when determining placement." This would seem to mean that whether or not you're surrounded by the enemy at the start of the encounter - i.e., the tactical placement at the start of combat - is determined by a formula and is not fixed by map design. So, is that formula in a script somewhere or in the game engine, and does the formula factor in just PE, or does it include the Outdoorsman skill and/or other variables in the calculation?

-m

Agreed.

I'm beta testing the newest version of the RP, and it's a real bummer playing without this mod.

Dravean said:
Agreed.

I'm beta testing the newest version of the RP, and it's a real bummer playing without this mod.
I know I love using this mod and the RP together its going to be a tough decision on whether to play the RP right when its public or wait for this to update so i can play them together

@mAgnus

can i copy individual 'items' subfolders from your patch and within the DATA/proto/items folder found in the fallout2 folder, i.e. 'pistols' or 'rifles' if i only want to implement the changes you made with those items. furthermore, can i even use this patch without the restoration patch or megamod?

"..must be installed AFTER the Megamod and the RP/UP, but BEFORE any other mods!" found in your readME

i have the 'UP' (unofficial patch) although i don't have the restoration or the megamod.

Wasteland 2.

Seriously.

The last good game to come out of this decade was Mass Effect in 2006, and even that was mediocre compared to the works of Fargo and Avellone. Man, I wish I had the balls to fork out $1000 for the funding. I'd love to be included as a gun-selling NPC called Mongoose, who runs a profitable business from his Firearms, 2ools and Weapons Repair shop.

Anyway, since my faith in computer games is now restored and October 2013 is still a while to go, I'll be playing a lot of Planescape Torment, Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 in the near future. Which obviously means I'll need to get this rusty old mod working with the newest RPs and megamods and whatnot. Dravean, what I need is access to the finalized RP maps, so I can give those high-mid end enemies a lot more AP ammo.

And I'll use my recently acquired .NET skills to build the greatest, most intuitive installer known to man. And god how that readme needs a facelift. And what's with that Gauss ammo, I must have been more drunk than usual that night.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to uninstall all of my bad games. Starting with Skyrim.

I think Bozar needs to have bigger range than 36...
Bozar is the ultimate sniper rifle, it is made after Barret gun:
http://realitypod.com/2010/05/top-10-sniper-rifles/8/
which has a range about 2km. So I don't understand why did Magnus put an ordinary sniper rifle that shoots .223 FMJ bullets (5.6mm) to have a bigger range, just doesn't make sense... it should be the other way around (ordinary snipers of that calliber have a range of about 500 m.)

One more thing, Power fist uses small energy cells to expose kinetic energy on target and knockbacking him. So that means when you punch someone with it, the Power fist's kinetic energy moves your fist much faster, making a blow much stronger. Since some ordinary attacks like: Palm Strike, Piercing Strike, Hook Kick and Piercing Kick
have Penetrate, Power fist should definitely have it because it's much stronger than ordinary punch.

Is there any way I can make these changes myself? I wish there was some way to add the penetrate to Power fist and bigger range to Bozar.

EDIT: is it possible to use f2wedit with this mod somehow?

For the next version you should increase the damage from explosives, packing two or 3 military grade plastic explosives on someone and having it mildly irritate them is kinda lame

oxidize said:
I think Bozar needs to have bigger range than 36...
Bozar is the ultimate sniper rifle, it is made after Barret gun:
http://realitypod.com/2010/05/top-10-sniper-rifles/8/
which has a range about 2km. So I don't understand why did Magnus put an ordinary sniper rifle that shoots .223 FMJ bullets (5.6mm) to have a bigger range, just doesn't make sense... it should be the other way around (ordinary snipers of that calliber have a range of about 500 m.)
I have made a Barrett mod for Killap's RP2.1.2b (here: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61288 ). I have used original Barrett sounds (shooting, reloading, empty mag).
In the ballistic specifications I consider after much testiing the Barret mod worked well, but I'd consider making it 100-170 dmg instead of 80-150 (perk - weapon scoped long range). I have added special ammo type for barrett. Planted in some places, but not in shops. This should be unique weapon in game, not availiable in shops (Bozar idea was spoilt by that).

Regarding used here 14mm ammo - Bozar +pistol ammo makes no sense at all. Bozar+.223 15 bullet burst is also insane. Bozar should be an ultimate weapon with very limited ammo count - meant for Enclave and Navarro. Gauss is messed - pistol with same range as rifle? The experience of M16 .223 ammo compared to 7.62 proved poor armor piercing results at longer ranges (too light bullet). In Fallout the rare 7.62 full-size rifle cartridge should rule. Besides - sniper rifle should use 7.62 rather than .223. Barrett - of course .50 BMG as in my mod.

I read this entire thread and I got a couple questions/suggestions. First is this compatible with RP 2.1?

Secondly since guns and hammers gave their own images those could be used for projectile sprites, imagine running out of ammo and as a last effort throwing the empty pistol, or how about a guy in PA chucking a sledge hammer and knocking the target off their feet.

And lastly I mentioned it above but I'll say it again I think explosives should do more damage dynomite and plastic explosives should do more than irritate the people they were planted on.

Anyways look foreward to hearing what you think

ThegreatBenDoyle said:
I read this entire thread and I got a couple questions/suggestions. First is this compatible with RP 2.1?

Secondly since guns and hammers gave their own images those could be used for projectile sprites, imagine running out of ammo and as a last effort throwing the empty pistol, or how about a guy in PA chucking a sledge hammer and knocking the target off their feet.

And lastly I mentioned it above but I'll say it again I think explosives should do more damage dynomite and plastic explosives should do more than irritate the people they were planted on.

Anyways look foreward to hearing what you think

Dude101 said:
If you want to make the sledge a thrown weapon NA2RAL knocked this FRM together:

image.png

http://www.fonline.ru/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13004&d=1326626554

I would like to suggest some option for the mod. I consider ammo restocking in various shops a bad idea. Every shop in game should have 2 tables - restockable (e.g. chems, books, money) and non-restockable (ammo, armor, weaponry, lockpicks). The stock should be well thought-ahead. At the moment I am bored with floating in ammo and every armor thinkable. Why should I need 10 Electronic Lockpicks MkII or advanced lockpicks? For sake of reality - the economic system and production facilities are long destroyed - and yet - in SF there's unlimited amount of Power Armors! Bozars! Gauss Rifles! This feels really really bad.

Another thing is stealing your way through the game. I know weapon mod is bad place for that, but in SF you can steal insane amount of gauss rifles. One or two in entire game would be enough.
Another thing is stealing from ghouls. I'd rather BUY from ghouls than steal (books, cat's paws), but I cannot do that! How lame! IMHO ghouls should have tweaked barter to offer their items for Gamma Gulp beer or Roentgen rum at very favourable terms (maybe noodles and all those pre-war unedible tv-dinners too).
A welcome addition would be planting RANDOM items (books, chems) on no-dialog ghouls in Ghost Farm, Broken Hills and Gecko. This could be achieved by same script for every of them, so not that much work.

I think random encounter traders should be left as-is.

One more thing - at Algernons cellar there's so much stuff it takes not to steal from the place anything to not spoil the game (I'd take only easter egg and have the chicken hatched from it as NPC). And wait - unlimited weapon upgrades?!?
[edit]I have some idea regarding Algernon - why not make him upgrade equipment for flowers (not broc flowers - just normal flowers) - that would be in line with some falloutish sense of humor - and could make pot of daisies from crashed whale serve some purpose too)[/edit]

Every item has a size attached to it (things like lockers and bookcase have a limited space for stuff, and count size), so I thought it would be cool to change the steal chance by adding the size of an object to the equation. Objects with a 0 and 1 size would require a minimum 20 skill points, so -

0 size = 20 skill points (Stimpak)
1 size = 20 skill points (Knife)
2 size = 40 skill points (10mm Pistol)
3 size = 60 skill points (10mm SMG)
4 size = 80 skill points (Sledgehammer)
5 size = 100 skill points (Plasma Rifle)
6 size = 120 skill points (Minigun)
7 size = 140 skill points (Leather Jacket)
8 size = 160 skill points (Robes)
9 size = 180 skill points (?)
10 size = 200 skill points (Metal Armor)
11 size = 220 skill points (Brotherhood Armor)

15 size = 300 skill points (Power Armor)

If you don't have the correct minimum skill points you have no chance of stealing that item. That would stop people just reloading time and time again to steal something. Stealing from behind a critter should continue to add a small bonus, etc.

How can I change DR, AC, DT on armor for critters in game? I can't do it in f2wedit because they don't really wear any armor... They just look like they're wearing it. Anybody know how to do that?

oxidize said:
How can I change DR, AC, DT on armor for critters in game? I can't do it in f2wedit because they don't really wear any armor... They just look like they're wearing it. Anybody know how to do that?
Use mapper to edit critter. Note - this requires creating some top-level directory fallout2 (eg. c:\fallout2), planting there in dev subdirectory the proto folder from data and removing read-only attribute from all files and subdirectories there (and in original fallout2 folder too). If I recall properly you do not need to copy protos from the dev to original fallout dir. And you need to re-"read-only" the files in proto directory tree of original fallout2 dir before you launch the game - or some protos might get deleted automatically by game.
There was some manual regarding critter protos editing using mapper, but I do not recall where it was (maybe at fallout.wikia?)

In mapper2.cfg you need to have
librarian=1

Let me see if I got this right.
1. create a C:\fallout2\data\proto\
2. copy folder DATA\PROTO from fallout installation folder into C:\fallout2\data\proto\
3. remove read only attribute from all files in C:\fallout2\
4.edit critters in mapper, save, copy all files back to fallout installation folder DATA\PROTO and make read only

4. only protos you modified in mapper
It should work fine

There was some path to be added in mapper, but I do not remember, please use google in case it does not work fine

.Pixote. said:
Every item has a size attached to it (things like lockers and bookcase have a limited space for stuff, and count size), so I thought it would be cool to change the steal chance by adding the size of an object to the equation. Objects with a 0 and 1 size would require a minimum 20 skill points, so -

0 size = 20 skill points (Stimpak)
1 size = 20 skill points (Knife)
2 size = 40 skill points (10mm Pistol)
3 size = 60 skill points (10mm SMG)
4 size = 80 skill points (Sledgehammer)
5 size = 100 skill points (Plasma Rifle)
6 size = 120 skill points (Minigun)
7 size = 140 skill points (Leather Jacket)
8 size = 160 skill points (Robes)
9 size = 180 skill points (?)
10 size = 200 skill points (Metal Armor)
11 size = 220 skill points (Brotherhood Armor)

15 size = 300 skill points (Power Armor)

If you don't have the correct minimum skill points you have no chance of stealing that item. That would stop people just reloading time and time again to steal something. Stealing from behind a critter should continue to add a small bonus, etc.
I like this idea a lot but do we know if stealing is controlled by script of the game engine?

If the engine then this is something Timeslip would have to look to add to sfall.

I have a suggestion regarding ammo on opponents in random encounters. I think that enclave patrolmen that are armed with gatling lasers ending up throwing stones at chosen one and his team are ridiculous. I think that they should have enough ammo for prolonged battle. How make the chosen one unable to loot hhe ammo? Simple - attach to encounter a script that would delete ammo on an opponent once he/she is dead.

Back