Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2: Weapons Redone v2.3

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but hell I registered specifically to ask about this...
After installing this mod it all seemed fine with normal guns and normal ammo, things seemed much more prone to dieing in one shot, until I picked up an FN FAL and found it literally did no damage. Ever. Even bursts and crit shots to the eyes of radscorpions didn't do anything. Am I not understanding something about how AP works in this or is there something screwy going on? The only other mods I have installed is the Restoration Project and the resolution mod.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

I've got three things planned:

Simple installer
Change maps to give late-game enemies more AP ammo and varied weapons.
Full compatibility with the final RP/UP

With that in mind, the map changes will only be for the RP, at least in the next version. It's simply too much work for me to do a separate set of maps for the RP, the UP, the unmodded game and the Megamod.

What I need is testers. I'll make an installer, and make sure the mod is compatible with the new RP, then I'll upload that and let you guys test it. After that I'll get started on the map changes based on feedback.

Magnus, now that 2.2 is out, if you're planning on updating Weapons Redone (and I sure do hope that you are), may I suggest that for those of us who have the F1 disk (a significant percentage, I suspect) that you incorporate the F1 music soundtrack additions of bukypetr?

bukypetr said:
Changelog:

Vault Village – Second Chance (15SHADY.ACM)
New Reno Stables – Flame of the Ancient World (02MSTRLR.ACM)
Sierra Army Depot (inside) – Metallic Monks (04BRTHRH.ACM)
EPA (inside) / Toxic Vaste Dump – Radiation Storm (09GLOW.ACM)
Vault 13 – Vault of the Future (06VAULT.ACM)

I'm wondering if Magnus is aware of the recent RP release, since he hasn't been active on the forums in awhile. Anyone know how to contact him? I'm personally holding off on my next play-through in hope that he'll put out the next version of Weapons Redone within the next few weeks.

Dravean said:
I'm wondering if Magnus is aware of the recent RP release, since he hasn't been active on the forums in awhile. Anyone know how to contact him? I'm personally holding off on my next play-through in hope that he'll put out the next version of Weapons Redone within the next few weeks.

Ditto

iirc, Magnus mods a Bethesda game (or FNV). If anyone remembers which one, he's probably more active on the respective game's principle mod forums.

Hey Magnus, I Recently Installed Gun Runners Arsenal For FO:NV It Seems that The Bozar Is
a LMG Not A Sniper Rifle, And Its Uses 5.56mm, FO2 Doesn't Have The 5.56mm So Can you Put The Bozar Uses .223 FMJ Again , But Add Singleshot Please And AP Cost is 6, Reload 2 ( As Always) BTW, Can you make The 7.62mm More Common Please, Having Trouble Finding It,

Anyways, Thanks For the Mod !

Love this mod. Been using it for a while now. I won't play F2 without it.

I make my own little tweaks here and there (I still think the Gatling Laser is a little "meh"... it should be comparable to the Vindicator imo).

arcadeguy, you can download the fallout item editor and change the Bozar's ammo type.

For short range man-portable weapons, Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation types will never be comparable to conventional firearms. Not to say that they wouldn't be extremely useful in certain circumstances... or against certain types of armor!

One potential advantage of laser weapons is that some of them (but not all!) require only electricity to operate. Supply in the field and/or over extended periods of time thus could be much simpler. But then there are the high-powered laser weapons that require fairly exotic gases.... (and I remember reading about an experimental one-shot antitank laser of the Soviet Union which used the exhaust from a rocket engine to spin the generator which provided power to the weapon; one shot was all the weapon would have been good for, after which it would have been scrap metal)

Just recently became aware of this mod. The download link on the first page doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone know an alternate download location to get the latest version? Would very much appreciate it.

HellHammer said:
Just recently became aware of this mod. The download link on the first page doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone know an alternate download location to get the latest version? Would very much appreciate it.

Link to Fallout Database with all the mods you will ever need is in my signature.

Magnus' mod is in folder Fallout 2 Weapons Mods.

Hello there, I'm planning on making an unarmed or melee oriented character after so many years, and I would like to try it out using this mod, but according to some posts above, it doesn't seem to be fully compatible with the latest version of RP.

Seeing the last post was in August, I was wondering if this is still the case. Or is it safe to assume that I can just load it up and play without any problems?

Thank you in advance.

I use this mod (although tweaked for my own preferences a bit) on the latest RP patch (released January 2014) and it works fine. You just CANNOT use any other ammo mods with it. So when you install the latest RP, just make sure you don't select any ammo or damage mods. It's that simple.

I actually go back and decrease the ammo even more. One block of Micro fusion cell ammo holds 10 charges, 14mm AP comes in 6 and 2mm EC in 12. It makes having a party of 3-4 carrying miniguns/plasma rifles/bozars very expensive. But such a lethal combination should be financially demanding.

Last edited:
I've also been using this. All folder, anims, but none of the ammo reducers. I haven't noticed any issues so far.

You can, actually, use YAMM with it and it works fine. Just be sure to install WR first and then YAMM using its own installer.

Back