Fallout 3 Broken Steel Is Out

Dragula said:
From what I understand it's Microsoft that fucked up when uploading it.

Yeah they said the same thing when they had trouble with OP:A and when there was missing files from The Pitt... you really thing that MS is gonna screw up 3 times with one game on uploading it? Did MS also screw up the full version that crashes fairly often?

FYI does anyone else have this problem: When I alt+tab out of FO3 it crashes when I try and go back, unless I made sure to bring up the ESC menu before hand. Apparently bringing up the Pipboy isn't enuf.

Still looking into. I advise every NOT to try to hack the .cab file or anything to screw up the game in this state. Just continue to report any new issues found to the correct forums threads. Thanks for you patience and once again sorry for the inconvenience.

Bloody thing is still kicking and screaming on our end to, so we feel your pain (I even used my own M$ fun point to buy the add on).

posted by a Betheslop developer on their forums. Notice anything that shouldn't be there in his statement?

I'll wait.

Bloody thing is still kicking and screaming on our end to, so we feel your pain

IF IT IS IS STILL GIVING YOU PROBLEMS ON YOUR END... THEN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE RELEASED IT! Idiots.

BTW Apparently MS has removed the file from GFWL already from what I've read.

Nice, last time The Pitt was half assed for Xbox, now I guess its the PC users' turn.

And no, I am not waiting for the DLC, just curious how this little scenario will continue.

You would think by now that this primary examples of failure might finally make a light turn on in the Bethesda's fan boys' 'upper chamber'.

The Dutch Ghost said:
Nice, last time The Pitt was half assed for Xbox, now I guess its the PC users' turn.

And no, I am not waiting for the DLC, just curious how this little scenario will continue.

You would think by now that this primary examples of failure might finally make a light turn on in the Bethesda's fan boys' 'upper chamber'.

You'd think, but go to the forums or any comments section for articles regarding how broken steel is broken and there is TONS of bethesbots defending their honor.

Here I'll give you a few examples and these are from the Kotaku.com comments not even Bethesda's home base forums.

SoulSiphon

not surprised at all. like I have said before, a game this big is going to have its problems, and, no amount of testing can truly prepare bethesda for what could happen when the material goes live.

solbadguy

oh darn D= I recently bought FO3 on the PC this week JUST for broken steel ;_; *sigh* this news sucks >.< but hopefully they can get it fixed soon...is the 360 version still okay =O !?

-------------------
trunkenmath

@solbadguy: Oh no, you are left with one of the best single player RPGs of the current era. My tears, they are shed for you.

Tigerfog

I have respect for Bethesda. They make very complex open worlds where everything evolves at the same time and almost any object can be interacted with. For that, I can forgive the many bugs in their games.

I could go on but I wont.

(No) apologies for these caps, but...

DEEP SLEEP IS MY MOTHERFUCKING PERK, YO!

No dreams, no nothing, just black out the screen and get rid of this hangover please.

Edit: Level up oh this looks cool zzzzzz......

Eternal said:
The Dutch Ghost said:

You'd think, but go to the forums or any comments section for articles regarding how broken steel is broken and there is TONS of bethesbots defending their honor.

Have you ever heard of opinions? Y'know, those things, that everyone has about stuff... For example, somebody likes Coke, and the other likes Pepsi.

What do opinions have to do with shitty quality and broken design?
Besides, all opinions stink. And yet people can't get over it.

On the other note: after seeing perks I'm now glad FO3 doesn't have traits!

Have you ever heard of opinions? Y'know, those things, that everyone has about stuff... For example, somebody likes Coke, and the other likes Pepsi.

Yes, there are opinions and then there is just being an idiot. If I bought a pepsi and had it filled with aluminum shavings, and the next can, and the next can I'd stop buying pepsi no matter how much I liked or didn't like it.

Black said:

Well, if somebody likes shitty quality and broken design, so be it. It's their choice, no matter what.

There are people who like coke and pepsi, and then there are people who like drinking piss and then defending the company that sold it to them under a false label. Presumeably they think they are 'encouraging' the actual developers (who will most likely never even know their post was made), but the real sad thing is how people who purchase game software (particularly Bethesda's) have now become conditioned to not only accept being sold NON-WORKING-PRODUCTS but even defend the company for doing so.

Also those perks...if I ever get back to playing Fallout 3 they would be the first thing I mod out of the game. (not likely anyway since it doesn't even recognise my keyboard is attached and thus I can't use any keys, no not even the esc key).

Arthur9 said:
Black said:

Well, if somebody likes shitty quality and broken design, so be it. It's their choice, no matter what.

Then what is your problem? Its my opinion that those people are idiots.

Learning is a key part of human survival, in todays world we protect people too much from themselves. If you see 3 people get their head chopped off by a guillotine would you bend over to pickup a penny on the other side?

Eternal said:
Arthur9 said:
Black said:

Learning is a key part of human survival, in todays world we protect people too much from themselves. If you see 3 people get their head chopped off by a guillotine would you bend over to pickup a penny on the other side?

What?

Arthur9 said:
Well then, is somebody likes shitty quality and broken design it doesn't change the fact that it's shitty and broken.
Was that hard?
I swear to god, "opinions" are the most stupid creation ever. And the most overrated.

Nuclear Anomaly - Whenever your health is reduced to 20 or less, you will erupt into a devastating nuclear explosion. Note that any allies in the vicinity will also suffer the effects of the blast!

I think they stole me ideahttp://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/vi...days=0&postorder=asc&highlight=nukem&start=20 :shock:
Nukem
A twist of fate had turn you into a gas-leaking monster. Enemy will get +2-10 damage based on their endurance if they are 2 hex near you. So are your friends.

Y'all need to chill out with some Deep Sleep (tm). ASAP. FUCKING SLEEP THAT SHIT HARDCORE

Nah, there was some guy who had come up with the Perk "Nuclear Man" during that contest.

I guess they implemented that.

moyogo said:
Y'all need to chill out with some Deep Sleep (tm). ASAP. FUCKING SLEEP THAT SHIT HARDCORE

Exactly. Smoke the peace pipe, count to ten, take a deep breath, whatever that calm's you down!

Back