Fallout 3 Broken Steel Is Out

Ohhh i wet myself after seeing "almost perfect".

Really, can it get cooler than that?

Coming up: Awesome Mysterious Stranger: a perk that has Micheal Bay riding a white shark with deadly lasers attached to the head, throwing atomic shurikens out of his ass, and blowing up all the gameworld.

A. GIANT. FUCKING. TANK.!

There is a giant fucking tank in this.
It gets even better, you have to call in an orbital strike to destroy it.

Now don't get me wrong, in the previous Fallout's there was also a bigger than life threat to the wasteland.
But first a big nuke throwing robot, now a giant tank, and armed satellites.

What the hell does this have to do with Fallout anymore?

MrBumble said:
Well, you're preaching everything and its contrary within the same sentence

It seems that the problem may infact be on the GFWL side, however it was no doubt caused by bethesda ineptitude

so it's kinda hard to get what you mean. :?

But yeah, Microsoft or Bethesda : it doesn't excuse the attrocious design anyway.

That isn't contrary, contrary to what you might think.

The fact is that bethesda had to hand off the files to the folks at microsoft at some point, and just because the problem is on microsofts side (as they are the ones distrobuting it) it doesn't mean it wasn't caused by Bethesda.

If you ship a package in the mail but don't put any padding in the box don't be surprised if the contents of the package shift or break. The problem was on the post offices side, but you caused it.

Man, this reminds me of an old Johnny Bravo cartoon.

In it two clowns, an old one and a upstart yuppie, are having a joke-a-thon to decide who gets a street corner.

At one point the yuppie clown tells why he is so successful, "Volume, volume, volume!"

BS sort of feels like that.

The Dutch Ghost said:
Man, this reminds me of an old Johnny Bravo cartoon.

In it two clowns, an old one and a upstart yuppie, are having a joke-a-thon to decide who gets a street corner.

At one point the yuppie clown tells why he is so successful, "Volume, volume, volume!"

BS sort of feels like that.

Couldn't agree more. I've become so numb to the destruction of one of my beloved franchises, that I just ignore the nonsense now. I'm ignoring all Beth nonsense (I won't be buying anything from them anymore) and am hoping that New Vegas redeems the Fallout name.

Couldn't agree more. I've become so numb to the destruction of one of my beloved franchises, that I just ignore the nonsense now. I'm ignoring all Beth nonsense (I won't be buying anything from them anymore) and am hoping that New Vegas redeems the Fallout name.

I fully agree with you :clap:

Edit- welsh, deleted the double post.

Also
Puppies! 22 1 If Dogmeat dies, you'll be able to get a new canine companion from his litter of puppies. After a while, you'll find a new dog waiting Vault 101.
Remember when professional journalists were using "if dogmeat dies, he stays dead" as an example of choices and consequences?
Yeah, now they got rid even of that.

The only choice and consequence in a FPS is what weapon you choose and with what consequence the enemy xplodes.

I honestly say this without any fanboyish bias, I enjoyed Two Worlds a million times more than F3 and I'd be more interested in DLC for that game than any of this F3 related crap.

Fallout 3: Broken Steel
Heh...what an irony.

Just wondering why such a title. Maybe The BoS will broke, but they were already 'broken' in the main game. They've changed from bad ass fascists to some bunch of hippies (no offence for hippies).

Maybe there are some old Fallout fans at MS (or at Beth, like an inside job), who are taking this revenge on their own, for raping the franchise...hehe...mwahaha...HAHAHAHa!

sorry

Bethesda can't come up with anything of their own... Duke Nukem still rules in the world of ironic game titles, Beth just sucks

I wonder how many more dull dlc's will they push with this title until it becomes absolutely terrible. They are already going for transformers and weapons of massi..... idiotic destruction.

It's apparent they have very untalanted designers/writers, so what can we expect with F4, when they are already running dry here.... Martian invasion, attack of the killer tomatoes?

I wouldn't be surprised that we would have to infiltrate some gigantic flying fortress or bomber that is still flying after two hundred years.

Word on the grape vine is that in Fallout 4 you play a reincarnation of the original Vault Dweller who ends up on a mysterious prison ship in a far away land and must save it against a really bad guy who lives in a volcano while helping the last in a line of emporers defeat the Enclave so that he can once more close shut the gates of Oblivion.

Or something, it probably isn't too far off as they can't think of anything original.

While I was browsing The Vault, I saw this:

bosi.jpg

Hmm... I wonder what that means... :scratch:

Don't think anyone's mentioned it yet but the last linked Kotaku article also says that 360 users are having trouble activating Project Purity, so it looks like it's more fucked than just the achievements.

Khan FurSainty said:
Maybe it means the idea was taken from the BoS 2
Yep, it's a list of all of the games that had it or planned to have it. You'll notice that Fallout 3 borrows a fair amount from BoS and BoS2, especially considering they "don't consider it canon".

Back