Fallout 3 Broken Steel Is Out

maximaz said:
I honestly say this without any fanboyish bias, I enjoyed Two Worlds a million times more than F3 and I'd be more interested in DLC for that game than any of this F3 related crap.

I heard it was more entertaining in German. I wasn't impressed enough to buy it though.

I'm actually glad my 360 red ringed, I had the 800 ms points and everything, at least now I'm forced to wait till some of the bugs are fixed.

never thought that my consoles breaking were a good thing.

i just hate that you get a new dogmeat... i mean... part of fallout's nature is the unforgiving wasteland. and to ever-so-conveniently have a full grown dog pop up that's loyal to you by default ..eh.. nevermind. bethesda wastes our time with this mocking drivel.

Didn't bother with the first two. This is even more inspiring.

*Loads all six chambers. Prepares to play russian roulette*

Corvin said:
I heard it was more entertaining in German. I wasn't impressed enough to buy it though.

It's bad in a good way that's actually entertaining as opposed to Fallout 3 that's bad in all the worst ways.

maximaz said:
I honestly say this without any fanboyish bias, I enjoyed Two Worlds a million times more than F3 and I'd be more interested in DLC for that game than any of this F3 related crap.

My faith in humanity just dropped several pegs.

Puppies!, Almost Perfect, WTF is this, Dumb & Dumber strike again?

Lord have mercy!
IDK but I have a suspicion that Todd wants to play the game with his son, and because his son is too young to play it, he degrades the game to match it with his skills.

Wake me up when FO:NV comes out, please; I can’t stand anymore silliness. :wall:

Almost Perfect makes all the perks we spent on Intense Training pointless. Also, I see any point in just three of the level >20 perks (Almost Perfect, Nerves Of Steel and the Nuka-Cola one) - so, 7 perks of leveling to 30, plus all the perks I spent on Intense Training (I'll replace them with the console - much better than starting a new game!), basically my char will have all his skills and SPECIAL maxed out, also will have all the perks that have any use (even Iron Fist, three levels of it gives Deathclaw Gauntlet +15 damage, it's almost like +60% damage, since it has 21 damage, and it's maybe the best unarmed weapon).

So, Broken Steel could be good for powerplaying. However, I doubt Bethesda intended it. I wish there were DLCs for the first Fallouts, too. Anyway, the RP and Megamod are getting better and better. And Fallout 3 is getting worse and worse.

VRaptor117 said:
It looks like today's Penny Arcade asks one of the important questions that no one has yet asked Bethesda.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/5/6/

AWWW I just came to post that :P

While I find penny-arcades funnier I have to agree with steppen, only because it involves blowing up Bethesda and not only does that make the RPG lover inside me happy, it also is good for the kid in me!

recombined said:
i just hate that you get a new dogmeat... i mean... part of fallout's nature is the unforgiving wasteland. and to ever-so-conveniently have a full grown dog pop up that's loyal to you by default ..eh.. nevermind. bethesda wastes our time with this mocking drivel.
It's not even worth getting worked up over anymore. Personally, I just pretend like Fallout 3 never happened. The last Fallout game was Tactics (and it was a pretty solid game). I'll start paying attention again once we get some more details on New Vegas.

Every time I see gameplay vids of FO3, it looks like a FPS. That's not what I want out of a Fallout RPG. The DLC isn't helping.

Well when it comes down to it Forhekset, now thanks to the Almost Perfect perk, and the ability to max out all your skills. The game IS basically an FPS with dialogue sticks (not really TREES) once you hit level 30.

Personally, I just pretend like Fallout 3 never happened.

Good idea. Maybe it will cease the pain.

Starting now...

Hey guys, you heard about how Bethesda brought the Fallout license and then allowed Obsidian to make New Vegas? I can't wait for it!

Back