Fallout 3 Compendium - Release 12 - Beta v0.6.0.2

@dubby: i dindt write that those settings influate player only, didnt i :P
well ok, i admit i should have emphasized that they dont, my bad.

the lazer/plasma stuff sounds great!
also glad that plasma finally gonna be a fast-ass projectile-style stuff like in original fallouts, and not a green lazer beam anymore

also make sure to add weapon descriptions which says what kind of lazer a given lazer weapon will be.

and generally, item descriptions would be nice. no item descriptions-no fallout ^^ dont know if you already mentioned that, but here, a guy made some altering the NIFs: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=430

also, there was a mod for renaming squirrel stuff to rat stuff. rat recipes. like in original. small, but lovely mod imo. funny thing is, that the internal ID for squirrel IS "rat", so they originally wanted to make it rats but changed their minds :S

+ where do you know all that stuff about weapons, lazer types and exploding heads from, are u some kinda military guy in your job, or just interested in thatt stuff alot?

Little propostion for trade skill its kinda wortless player get mostly that much items from drops that he can buy out few shops after 1-2 good raids.
My proposition would be to add a special shops selection by special option dialogue (player would need to pass trade skill check) which would have a higher lvl equip or new special items dependable on actual trader. So in example with special shop access when player normally can buy in shop battle armour as the best one in current selection and on his lvl, special selection would have metal armours or something similar
Special equipment would be nice to even to the point wher high trade skill would be the only way to get it ^^

hm, if you offer nuff money, why shouldnt the trader pull out his stuff?

how bout simply making the stuff you bring em be cheap, and the stuff you wanna buy expensive as hell just by making sell price 10x lower then buy price + making it more influable by good trade skill.

ah yeah, how about making combat armour superior to metal, like in original fallouts? metal is "just" some big heavy noisy cumbersome metal suit welded together by wasteland mechanics, while combat armour is a pre-war hightech piece made of defensive polymers.
ok, in vanilla metal does steal some AG and weight more, but you can get combat armour really fast, while metal is harder to get.. plus NOONE IS USING METAL, wtf!? never seen an NPC in metal armour, ever. thats wrong.

If all will be expensive so what u still got alot of money and having 10x prices how u buy something at the game start.

Would like to my idea one more thing, special shop selection could have fully repaired items

Claw comapny boss ware a metal armour but i agree combat should be better than metal one but metal armour since its spikes and stuff could add some to close combat dmg or skill

JayTheGay said:
where do you know all that stuff about weapons, lazer types and exploding heads from, are u some kinda military guy in your job, or just interested in thatt stuff alot?

I have literature on the topic, and I'm interested in various fields of physics and and theoretical physics, as well as cosmology. In other words, I like to absorb a lot of information.

@Boundrose

Go to your Fallout3 folder in the my documents (or my games) folder, open the fallout3.ini file, find bInvalidateOlderFiles= and if it's 0, change it to 1. If it's not, then I'm not sure what's going on.

mrowa said:
Claw comapny boss ware a metal armour but i agree combat should be better than metal one but metal armour since its spikes and stuff could add some to close combat dmg or skill

Not really. Metal armor is very cumbersome and restricts movement, so it should decrease the skill.

Dubby said:
Go to your Fallout3 folder in the my documents (or my games) folder, open the fallout3.ini file, find bInvalidateOlderFiles= and if it's 0, change it to 1. If it's not, then I'm not sure what's going on.

Yep, it's 1.

:?

if all is expensive then you must scroungh for ammo at start and get far more money from quests then from loot sells. also, meele advantage comes in handy when ammo costs u so much.

seriously, dont you have the feeling of "yeah yeah, sure..." when someone tells you hes gonna "reward you grately" for a job? in the most cases the quest rewards are like 1/10th of what you get from selling the loot

and yeah, it could be at least MORE repaired in good shops, dunno about fully.

about sniper rifle - AP cost for shots of hunting rifle and sniper rifle should be swapped. why? because hunt rifle is bolt action, while sniper is semi-automatic. you can take in concern that sniper rifle is suposed to be "slow but deadly" weapon by making it cost somewhat more AP, but hunt must be slower.. a bolt action weapon being faster then a semiautomatic looks just wrong to me

and a few more of the high level NPCs should be using sniper!
if you add gauss rifle to the game, which i think you had planed, then it could be as seldom as sniper rifle is in vanilla or something.

JayTheGay said:
about sniper rifle - AP cost for shots of hunting rifle and sniper rifle should be swapped. why? because hunt rifle is bolt action, while sniper is semi-automatic. you can take in concern that sniper rifle is suposed to be "slow but deadly" weapon by making it cost somewhat more AP, but hunt must be slower.. a bolt action weapon being faster then a semiautomatic looks just wrong to me

I agree here :) Though maybe a crosshair should "bounce" a bit after each shot.

Hi,

Sorry for not reading the entire thread, but 23 pages is a bit long for a simple question/bug report.

I've found that when using the mod, after starting a new game, and using VATS, I'm only able to shoot twice using the pistol, while only using up about 2/8 of my action points. However, VATS always ends after 2 shots.

Is this a bug? Or intended feature? (in which case I don't like it, since it make the rest of my ap's rather useless)

Other than that, I think this mod is a great step in the right direction :)

Ravager69 said:
mrowa said:

Not really. Metal armor is very cumbersome and restricts movement, so it should decrease the skill.

How about metal armour with spikes gives greater defence vs. unarmed/melee by inflicting damage on attacker (an increase of melee critical fail chance?) or cripples/damages attackers hands on a luck and perception check fail? It would make sense that hitting a pointed spike straight on hurts more than hitting the "flat" surface of powered armour. Additionally the spikes could increase the chance of attacker’s melee weapon to take damage... just my thoughts

mareboro said:
How about metal armour with spikes gives greater defence vs. unarmed/melee by inflicting damage on attacker (an increase of melee critical fail chance?) or cripples/damages attackers hands on a luck and perception check fail? It would make sense that hitting a pointed spike straight on hurts more than hitting the "flat" surface of powered armour. Additionally the spikes could increase the chance of attacker’s melee weapon to take damage... just my thoughts

Well, the defense is already calculated into armor rating I guess, so no point of doing that. As for punching Power Armor....I guess it would hurt the same :P

Spikes would be considered as soft tissue damage, and not part of the armor rating. Armor rating resists kinetic energy. Just 'poking' a spike wouldn't get registered as a kinetic energy response.

Is there any chance to add skills from F1/F2? Like gambling or outdoorsman?

Is possible to make fight more 'turn based'? Something like that:
- Enter VATS [world freeze]
- Player turn (one click, shot, another click, shot) [freeze everything, but not player]
- Enemy1 turn (turn ends if enemy doesn't have any PA) [freeze everything including player, but not Enemy1]
- Enemy2 turn (turn ends if enemy doesn't have any PA) [freeze everything including player, but not Enemy2]
etc.
- Exit VATS if there's no enemy/enemy doesn't see player.

Back