Fallout 3 ending videos

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Oct 30, 2008.

1. 13pm

13pm Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Apr 10, 2007
    so cheesy and epic...
    pure next-gen.

EDIT: and deathclaw looks like some random fantasy monster. shite.
    EDIT2: bad ending? :question: WTF? Are those guys THAT lazy?

2. EnglishMuffin

EnglishMuffin Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 21, 2008
    OH MY GOD! These endings are fucking terrible!!!! How can you possibly write something so god awful; how can anyone?

Not to mention the cliche GOOD ending. How can people think this is good. I know they are playing this right after they played oblivion, so their standards are pretty low, but jesus fucking christ.

This is epically shit!

3. Pope Viper

Pope Viper This ghoul has seen it all
    Orderite

Dec 9, 2003
    I have to agree, you would have thought they would have really sat down and thought it out.

I'm still wondering about the 200 endings.

4. Adz

Adz Professional Lurker

Jul 18, 2004
    Hurray for spoiler tags.

I'm waiting for the release in the UK tomorrow, but I'm so tempted to look at all these spoiler comments.

I predict more and more topics of discussion completley consisting of "Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)"

5. EnglishMuffin

Jul 21, 2008
    Bad writing, bad writing never changes....

6. RayTracer

RayTracer First time out of the vault

Feb 1, 2007
    Jesus Christ this is horrible

From this day on I will never again be able to use the word horrible, because right at this moment it suffered from inflation to zero.

I'm gonna enjoy it one last time

Hor-ri-ble!

7. Lyc

Lyc First time out of the vault

Jul 9, 2008
    Bloody hell - who on earth did they get to put those together? A doped up circus monkey with a typewriter could do better.

Imagine if they showed 'Baby wanderer' the gene analysis picture with these images at the beginning of the game.

Dad: The gene analysis complete - lets see what you have to look forward to in your life little guy....
    Baby: Ahhhhh! Put me back! Put me back!

Just insert a decimal point so you have "2.00+" endings. Then chop and mix them a bit, let the output congeal and you now have 4.

8. Black

Black Vault Senior Citizen

Jun 21, 2007
    [spoiler:bb284dc733]I don't get something. Does the PC die even if he/she wears a Power Armor? If yes then... why? [/spoiler:bb284dc733]

9. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    It is called drama physics, when those come into play not even reality itself can stop it.

10. Ixyroth

Ixyroth Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jul 18, 2008
    I'm about done with this steaming turd (10 hours so far and I'm already sick of it), so I'll get to see these wonderful endings soon enough.

It's even worse than I had expected, on all counts - combat a tedious hackfest and all-too easy (killing Enclave soldiers in 2 hits with spiked knuckles), terrible plot and dialogue, uninspired voiceovers, mostly irrelevant stats (other than as requirements for perks) with the ability to make uber-characters no matter which way you go, and lots of boring dungeon crawling.

The graphics and animations are the high point. It just goes downhill from there. And yes, Oblivion is actually the better game, as hard as that may be to believe. Oblivion with guns it is, except that there's usually not enough ammo to last you through a few fights, so it's more like Oblivion occasionally with guns but usually with fists and melee, since bullets don't recharge like magic wands.

Thank God for fast travel though.

11. EnglishMuffin

Jul 21, 2008
    Hahaha those were already on the low spectrum of the scale.

12. Amer

Amer First time out of the vault

Oct 9, 2008
    Can someone tell me, what "clips" are mentioned in the first post?
    There're NO slides/pictures for each town as it was in FO 1,2.
    Just titles after one of the four endings.

13. Ureshi

Ureshi It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 23, 2007
    Worst endings in Video Game History EVER!!! :puke: :falloutonline:

[spoiler:cf11701a62]Coward ending, yes im a coward and i become legend.... lol [/spoiler:cf11701a62]

14. zioburosky13

zioburosky13 Vault Senior Citizen

Jun 24, 2004
    Can we declare FO3 = FO:POS 2 now? :ugly:

15. dogmeatlives

dogmeatlives First time out of the vault

Jul 23, 2007
    All I could stomache was the good ending, and I must say that it was extremely cheesy. For a series with a huge theme of moral ambiguity, Ron Perlman sure becomes judgemental at the end.

His dialogue sounds like a born-again christian judging how you played the game, to be honest. Greed, Deceipt, sacrifice, virtue?!! Gimme a damn break!

It's Oblivion right down to the repressed Christian values that are imposed upon the character.

and I bet, with all this good vs. evil B.S., there isn't a single character in the game as ruthless and despicable as Gizmo was, or as respectable as Killian, and I still killed em both. The end.

and another thing... those endings really have to leave a sour taste in the mouths of people whoo paid 60 bucks for the experience, only to get to that ending?!?! :clap: I'm pretty sure someone at Bethesda has a gigantic martyr complex.

16. Ureshi

Ureshi It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 23, 2007
    YES!!

17. Serbaside

Serbaside Casual Vaulter

Dec 20, 2005
    Question: Can a character continue playing in the world after the ending?

18. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Answer: No.

Ol' Ron plays a devout Christian in This Masters of Horror ep. He's pretty good.

Someone who finished the game will have to answer that, but I'm thinking the location clips are there, just not in these videos.

19. Seymour the spore plant

Seymour the spore plant Still Mildly Glowing

Mar 5, 2008
    I got the impression that they were trying too hard to emulate Mad Max with those end-game monologues, and failed miserably. Too much focus on the character, "the wanderer" and somesuch, while locations were largely ignored by the narration (Megaton doesn't even have any voice-over in the bad ending slides). Poor show in any case, particularly the quality of the writing.

I know, it's like watching the endings for Ultima X :).

20. FeelTheRads

FeelTheRads Vault Senior Citizen

Sep 15, 2004
    Also in Restoration.. Desolation... Desperation... or whatever movie after Stephen King. And in Mutant Chronicles you could say. He pretty much rules as a fanatic priest, especially given his figure.