Fallout 3 review

just buy the first one off GOG.com, 6 Bucks for a hell of a lot of fun, sure the graphics suck and its clunky but Fallout 3 is Linear compared to Fallout 1, or don't, have fun with F3, one word of advice, I use to be just like you, run! these assholes will destroy you, I use to love Fallout 3, now it makes me cry that Van Buren was never finished.

Arnik said:
Fallout 3 is NOT anything like the previous Fallout's.
Really? I didn't even notice.

I haven't played them because quite frankly, I grew up with modern video games with lots of action (I'm thirteen) and those kind of "adventure" games don't appeal to me. So there's my one and only bias.
Adventure? Modern games with lots of action? Son, being 13 isn't an excuse to be a moron.

First, role-playing games and adventure games are two different genres. Second, there was plenty of action in the good ol' games. RPGs like Stonekeep, Dungeon Master, Anvil of Dawn had nothing but action. It's not a modern invention.

Gaming isn't the same as it was in '00 era. It has evolved (for the better in most peoples eyes).
Indeed. Games got dumber, shorter, and shinier.
:idiocracy:

Bethesda created a game the current gaming population would love. Proof: Fallout 3 sold more copies in it's first week than all other Fallout games.
Because people like you, people who lack the mental capacity to understand more complex games, will gladly spend their parents money on any games with AWSOME GRAFIKS!!!! Watching these AWSOME GRAFIKS!!! is now considered "captivating, interesting and exciting".

The gameplay is generally more captivating, interesting and exciting compared to the previous Fallouts. All those things that you guys are putting down such as:
-Abundance of computers
-Cars/vehicles
-"Crowded" environment
etc. etc.
enhance the game greatly. It makes it more interesting. I think all the computer logs and holotapes are captivatingly interesting.
Well, I sure wish that the original Fallout games had computers and holotapes.

I love the random encounters and the "crowded environment" as do all of my friends. It continuously gives us something to do in between destinations.

Basically what I'm trying to say is this game is a great example of what single player games like RPGs are coming to. Fun, exciting shooters.
Fixed.

The previous ones were dependent on the players interest in the story line FO3 is nothing like that.
You are very perceptive, my young friend. Fallout 3 is nothing like that. Who needs obsolete features like interesting story and coherent setting when you can blow things up?

In FO3 the story sucked. Dialogue sucked. FPS-action wasn't up the standard. It was still a pretty good game, spend couple of weeks enjoying it with my brother, smoking and drinking. Still, its nothing like two old classics. Playing em still, smoking and drinking. Having good old time. FO 3 is too hectic, too shallow, too easy(even on drugs). No country for the old man.

Ok, of course this is an opinion. To me, if the the owners of the series say its canon, it is. I really hate how fans think they are entitled to decide what is and is not canon. I enjoyed Fallout 3, the story idea was good though the execution of the story and voice acting was medicore, i admit. But its canon, semi-canon atleast, cause New Vegas has confirmed it with dialog with ED-E (more so in Lonesome Road) for the CW Enclave, and Veronica for the CW Brotherhood and Outcasts. And New Vegas was made by Obsidian, former members of Black Isles, and not be Bethesda. Bethesda just published it. And im sure this is what they are gonna do for future Fallout games, have Obsidian make the game, so they can focus on their Elder Scrolls series.

Anyway, in gameplay terms you cant really compare it to Fallout 1 and 2 because 3 and New Vegas are FPS/3PS RPG while 1 and 2 are isometric turn taking RPG.

To me, I like Fallout 2 better than 1 simply because you can play past the ending in Fallout 2 (they both are fun regardless), while I like New Vegas more than Fallout 3 because of the reputation system and the more crafting options. Im ok with not playing past the end for New Vegas, because of the different endings and paths you can take, and simply took Fallout 3 formula and made it better. Both are pretty fun Fallout games.

Though I do admit Fallout 3 should have been called "Fallout: Capital Wastes" and Fallout: New Vegas be called "Fallout 3" because New Vegas is closer to the location of the first 2 games.

Anyway, if you like isometric RPGS, play Fallout 1 and/or 2, if you like FPS/3PS RPG, play 3 and/or New Vegas.

Old Article But i Must Agree its An amazing game with Amazing Quests and Endless Fun I love it and still play it to this day!

Gravedigging aside, some of the more recent comments were quite enjoyable. I quite liked the "[action in video games] is not a modern invention" and taking unironically oblivious comments someone makes without realizing it works against them and agreeing with them ("you are very perceptive").

I'm curious why MY review of FO3 isn't listed in this... cause MY review is totally the one and only review for the game you'll ever need, of course. ^_<

Gravedigging aside, some of the more recent comments were quite enjoyable. I quite liked the "[action in video games] is not a modern invention" and taking unironically oblivious comments someone makes without realizing it works against them and agreeing with them ("you are very perceptive").

He should have written "you have Perception=>7, my friend". :V

Eh, while it certainly would make for a lovely FO reference, it lacks the requisite snark that the comment needed to sell just how underwhelming the "revelation" was... on account of it BEING so damned obvious. Saying that your PE is equal to or above "Good" would imply they accomplished something.

Back