Fallout 4: A Generational Gem

Discussion in 'Fallout 4' started by Heisenberg, Feb 18, 2021.

Tags:
  1. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    Oh, it most definitely is a troll. It's behaviour on all of its visible posts makes this evident.

Better to not waste time on it. It'll probably make new threads to bash Fallout 1, 2 and NV soon after this to bait more users.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  2. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Chemistry Teacher

Feb 17, 2021
    What threads have I made to bash Fallout 1,2 and NV?

Also, do you call everyone who disagrees with you a troll? Just a question.

3. Keyboard Gecko

Keyboard Gecko Fallout: Nevada translation is out! Look in info.

Jan 15, 2018
    As an eastern eutopean living under a truck, I am truly amazed by the sheer sizeness of this epic trolling. Laughed my ass off.

Why though?

4. Heisenberg

Feb 17, 2021
    If your hardware was any better you would be playing and modding Fallout 4.

5. Keyboard Gecko

Keyboard Gecko Fallout: Nevada translation is out! Look in info.

Jan 15, 2018
    Oh. Ohkay

6. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    Can we play a reverse game and can you name one total conversion for Fallout 4 that every American plays and mods on his better hardware?

7. Heisenberg

Feb 17, 2021
    It took around 8 solid years for the first BIG new and unique conversion mod for New Vegas. You're not being entirely fair only giving Fallout 4 6 years.

Well okay, let me list a few that are in production:
    - Fallout: Cascadia
    - Fallout: Miami
    - Fallout 4: Capital Wasteland
    - Fallout 4: New Vegas
    - Fallout: London
    - Fallout: New York
    - Project: Arroyo

Now compare that to New Vegas, which had 3 big conversion mods over a decade. Those being *shock* Tale of Two Wastelands, New California and The Frontier. The latter two were disappointing and even your own members shit on them.

I counted 7 active projects for Fallout 4 that are likely to release in the next 1-3 years. Much of their content has already been released in the way of armors, weapons, even perk overhauls and the dialogue boxes making a return. I don't remember that ever happening for New Vegas.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  8. caplanchy

caplanchy First time out of the vault

Feb 16, 2021
    I'll bite. Yes, the modding community is larger for Fallout 4, it is a more popular game. It had greater marketing, and it certainly doesn't hurt that it was released when gaming was a rising pastime. Do we count game quality by sales though? It may also be in part because Creation Kit is probably better than GECK for making mods.

This is a strange assumption to make, and not really relevant.

9. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Resident crazy lady

Jun 15, 2015
    Wow, this idiot proves what Four Decent Friends have said about the Nu-Fallout fandom: "Nu-Fallout fans don't like what made Fallout Fallout."
    Just look at the mods being made for Fallout 4. Can Fallout 4 modders make the game anymore generic? They just want Call of Duty in the post-apocalypse with an inventory and romances on the side. The only reason why people mod more for Fallout 4 is because the graphics are more updated and the Creation Kit is easier to make mods on and make scripts for. If New Vegas and the OG Fallout's are so terrible then why are people trying to recreate them for Fallout 4?
    Nope! Played it once for 2.5 hours and demanded my money back on Steam. It was terrible. People play Fallout to role play and make whatever backstory they want for their character. With 4 I was force to play distraught lawyer widow who was looking for her crouch fruit. Sorry but I don't want to be shoe horned with a character that has a established backstory. Takes away what is fundamental in an RPG.

10. 1Punman

1Punman It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jan 29, 2021
    Weren't FO3 and FO4 main plotline centered around finding family members? If they make FO5 or whatever with Toad in charge I wouldn't be surprised if they go that direction again.

11. killafornia

killafornia First time out of the vault

Feb 16, 2021
    It's a sequel game that was developed in 8 years with the additional support of ID Software (Gun Mechanics). If they can't improve the Fallout 3/NV mechanics, then there is no reason to buy their product because this proves how incompetent they are. Seriously, Bugthestards defend their favorite game by its mechanics, not the actual content that completes the game.

Bugthesda is the company that relies on the modding community to make money. Majority of current Fallout players are playing Fallout just because of the mods, not for the actual, original intended game content. If Fallout 4 had no mod support, It wouldn't be different than any other generic COD game. And actually, old COD games had interesting, deep stories with iconic, very likable characters unlike Fallout 3 and 4.

If you really like its gun mechanics, play DOOM 2016 and DOOM Eternal. Shooting mindless, united Mad-Max style Raiders and 'dumbmutants' for hours is not 'fun'. At least for me, I have no desire on mass-murdering NPCs for fun.

Like many newcomers into the series, I picked up Fallout 4 in 2015 and played it for 100 hours because I wasn't interested in the story, I was playing it to murder NPCs. It was something that I could waste my precious time on instead of studying the boring exams. Then I bought New Vegas........

I spent literally a month reading the New Vegas lore. I've looked into every bit of intel about New Vegas because I was obsessed with it. This is how a videogame should be, especially a Fallout game. Not something you see in overrated but actually bad movies where the hero wins no matter what happens in the story.

Either you are an idiot for making a statement like this, or acting like one to get attention. Fallout New Vegas is also a Bugthesda product, it was their game engine. I know what you are trying to achieve here, you are trying to bash New Vegas. I only have one, simple answer for you; Try launching Fallout 3 on Windows 10.

There are many DLC-sized additional story mods on Nexus. If you've spent your time there instead of cluelessly bashing New Vegas, you'd see the answer to your question. Gamebryo engine is difficult to handle, sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  12. Norzan

Norzan Vault Fossil

Apr 7, 2017
    The hilarious thing about Fallout 4 is how overshadowed it was by the Witcher 3 to the point the latter ate all the GOTY awards, sold way more, and got much better review scores. This means that their previous games only sold well and got a ton of GOTY awards because there was no competition. As soon as they get any competition from another game in the same genre that also got a ton of marketing they get fucked instantly.

The Bethesda fanboys can't even use the excuse that the game earned GOTY awards therefore is good because it barely won any. So it's hilarious to see them scrap for anything to defend this abomination of a game.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1