Fallout 4 has now gone gold

But all of those Let's plays will be fanboy let's plays. Also my Youtube channel is about analyzing movies and games with animated presentations so I can then make an expose on why I think the game is balls with cutout puppets.

Which still won't help much to get exposure when you are competing with all the others which are on youtube at the same time. Better done after the first hype has settled.

I think my exposé on how the game sucks will do really well on the hype week, all those Hate views and Reddit links....

Unless they boycott you and say specifically NOT to watch your channel. :P
Wouldn't even be surprised if bethfans decided to doxx you for hating on their favorite game at the very height of hype, the time they shut down all the life functions, together with thought processes and just intake the drug.

If you set yourself apart by doing something well enough and original, kind of like what thenthapple did with his own lore series, you can build attention fast.

Ah.

See, I tend to do accents when I have to talk for a long while because it helps to keep me focused and avoid stuttering.

Of course, I can also do three different Midwest accents, the Bostonian accent and a bit of Southern drawl.

Acting classes when I was younger.

For me waiting will be much longer.. Maybe I will buy this sh*t after it will be patched with hundreds official and unofficial patches. Plus with all dlc's and mods like SkyUI (FallUI). But the biggest question is if moders will be able to do something about SKILLS system (or lack of it).. Maybe FOSE for F4 will help, I hope so.

If you set yourself apart by doing something well enough and original, kind of like what thenthapple did with his own lore series, you can build attention fast.

Who actually did his stuff after the initial hype was long gone. :grin: Yes it's about originality and personality on youtube.

Only wanted to give a little tip and stuff to think about from my experience with youtube to Walpknut. Actually don't care that much to discuss this further.

Well for a long time the plan was to start the videos on late October (as I was finishing my Motion Graphics Diplomate), The first batch will be a Mad Max Retrospective (made in Cutout Style) that would cover all four movies with a secondary channel dedicated to doing the same with Videogames along with regular let's plays.

tbh what I think is lacking right now is really critically-minded deconstructions of more independent titles on a large scale, as well as a philosophical analysis of modern titles. People evaluate games like SOMA for their corner-peeking mechanics (ignoring the transhumanism, existentialism, moral deconstruction, deconstruction of freedom etc etc) whereas they give awful shit like The Beginner's Guide a 9/10 because it touches on Roland Barthes in the most pathetic and logically-devoid fashion.

Like the most decent LPer I follow is Jim Sterling and that says it all. Sure, he's great at rhetoric and makes pretty cogent arguments for the most part, but he's so fucking theatrical. I'd love to see in-depth, plain analyses of games that MATTER rather that bullshit like Fallout 4.

In terms of publications there's Kill Screen and not many more. A few decent writers for major newspapers. A bunch of independent writers surrounded by critics who give either 1/10s or 10/10s with no mid point and no detailed analysis.

Maybe I'm just a boring old man.

Last edited:
In case anyone missed it you also get a Dota 2 announcer pack from pre-ordering on Steam. I will definitely be pre-ordering it now. Not because I think the game will turn out good of course. :P

In case anyone missed it you also get a Dota 2 announcer pack from pre-ordering on Steam. I will definitely be pre-ordering it now. Not because I think the game will turn out good of course. :P

They forgot to put a Team Fortress 2 Vault Boy head(hat) like they like to do with other games.

tbh what I think is lacking right now is really critically-minded deconstructions of more independent titles on a large scale, as well as a philosophical analysis of modern titles. People evaluate games like SOMA for their corner-peeking mechanics (ignoring the transhumanism, existentialism, moral deconstruction, deconstruction of freedom etc etc) whereas they give awful shit like The Beginner's Guide a 9/10 because it touches on Roland Barthes in the most pathetic and logically-devoid fashion.

Like the most decent LPer I follow is Jim Sterling and that says it all. Sure, he's great at rhetoric and makes pretty cogent arguments for the most part, but he's so fucking theatrical. I'd love to see in-depth, plain analyses of games that MATTER rather that bullshit like Fallout 4.

In terms of publications there's Kill Screen and not many more. A few decent writers for major newspapers. A bunch of independent writers surrounded by critics who give either 1/10s or 10/10s with no mid point and no detailed analysis.

Maybe I'm just a boring old man.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bunnyhopshow

Well there has been a TF2 Pipboy since Fallout New Vegas and the same with the Dragon Born Helmet, wouldn't surprise if they do something similar for 4.

@AskWazzup I checked his review of SOMA as a point of reference and we agree on about 90% of things in the game. It's still a little overly concerned with a few hiccups in the gameplay rather than the message of the work (which I consider far more significant) but yeah this is a much, much better critic than most I've run into. Thank you for the recommendation!

Last edited:
But all of those Let's plays will be fanboy let's plays. .

Who in their right mind is going to watch you present a lets play from a negative perspective about a product they quite obviously like enough to purchase.

Back