Fallout 5 Predictions

It may be wishful thinking, but I sincerely hope that one day we'll get a Fallout game that once again covers a massive stretch of land like the classics; Fo1 and 2 covering literally half of Cali for their whole stories manage to get away from such super focus and reliance on cities still existing. Like Fo3/NV/4 with D.C./Vegas/Boston.

Of course, fat chance of that. The FPS style that tries to teem with immersion at every corner and hyper-dense content/story focusing on a single location is the norm now. Even NV saw that, but did well enough to make it work.

I don't think it would be impossible to do this in the FPS style. Maybe just have isolated 'chunks' of land that you can explore in more detail when you arrive. I guess the 76 expeditions are supposed to kind of be like that.

I don't think it would be impossible to do this in the FPS style. Maybe just have isolated 'chunks' of land that you can explore in more detail when you arrive. I guess the 76 expeditions are supposed to kind of be like that.
Yeah, the FP games have already been doing something like this in regards to their dlc locations. They’d just need to make the actual game maps much smaller, which would disappoint many Bethfa(gs)ns. They want to be able to explore a giant world map with lots of dungeons and cool stuff to find. I think it would be cool to have some kind of giant, randomly generated “overworld” that the player can walk around in, with randomized enemies and random encounters, simulating the overworld of the original games.

I've said this before, but the Tales of X and Mount and Blade games seem to do it well. Your party runs around on a big, detailed map then you zoom in for battle. I could see that working out for Fallout, earnestly. It'll just require a lot of detailing and care.

My prediction for Fallout 5 will be that it will be set in the west coast where the original Fallout games were set. It will be a single-player game with a multiplayer deathmatch mode like the original Half-Life. Bugthesda will frame this as an "return to the classic setting of Fallout" or whatever but really just ruin every faction there. You'll be a Vault Dweller because Bugthesda has such a hard-on for anything Vault related. There'll be some Pre-War section or intro because "that's what the fans want". You won't be able to name your character, but you will be able to customize his/her appearance in a super detailed way with every aspect and your backstory will be set in stone, allowing for very-little roleplaying. The perk leveling up system will be like Fo4/Fo76 but involve finding perk cards in the world in chests or something with different rarities but you can buy super rare limited editon perk card booster packs with Vault-Bux purchased with real money. Many elements from Fallout 4 and 76 will return like building settlements, modifying weapons, and collecting every single piece of junk items available.

The story will be that you Vault Dweller's sibling (male if female and female if male) was KIDNAPPED (oh no) by the EVIL RAIDERS. And then you have to rescue him/her from them. You go out of the vault and then get embroiled in some conflict between the EVIL Ceaser's Legion the GOOD New California Republic. Also in there is the Brotherhood of Steel and the Followers of The Apocalypse. You can meet Ceaser and talk to him but instead of having an interesting personality and viewpoint, he will be a evil mysognist who loves killing people. The NCR will be portrayed as this loving, uncorruptible, fair and just government while the Legion the terrible sadistic cult of people who kill people for fun. The Legion won't crucify anyone because "muh wokeness".

It will be a shooter game with very little talking and lots of shooting.

Depends who will make Fallout 5.
If Bethesda : some more east coast fanfic bullshit with even less rpg elements, quests or story but more shootin, lootin and probably cash shop/microtransactions shoved in.

If someone else : no idea. Id love for New Mexico/Texas to be more explored and id love to return to familiar roots of adobe buildings, desert wastes and stuff like that. Or maybe an actual frozen wastes of Montana with Legion remnants, militias, religious leaders ala Jacob Seed, Montana chapter of BoS etc. Could be fun.

If its Bethesda, bets on it being on the eastern side of US as usual. I really hope they let Obsidian do another one.

* Released in 2028
* Xbox exclusive at launch, PC release a couple of months later
* Borderlandsy coop open world looter shooter set in somewhere in the post-apocalyptic US
* Base building and customization of weapons and armor will be heavily expanded upon from Fallout 4 and will be one of the main features of gameplay
* Player Characters only have three stats: Health, Carry Weight and Stamina
* Conversation wheel reduced from 4 options down to 2 at maximum, most of the time you only have 1 option
* Storyline and lore are all poorly written and incredibly retarded
* Main quest is very linear with at most a few irrelevant binary choices here and there which hardly affect anything at all
* Brotherhood of Steel and Super Mutants will be forcibly retconned into whatever new stupid setting they come up with
* Multiplayer elements technically "optional", but generally very heavily geared towards
* Microtransactions for cosmetics and maybe for some exclusive weapons as well
* No modding support
* More expansive online game modes added in a few months after launch, including dedicated PvP and a bunch of online-only content designed to get players to spend lots of hours playing and grinding
* If the online mode becomes popular, they will eventually sneak in lootboxes
* Will be highly praised by critics and journalists
* Will be highly successful and profitable because consumers are goddamn cattle
* Will be milked to hell and back just like Rockstar did with GTA 5

It would probably be a trend of games we've seen for like a decade of infinite streams of ''remakes'' ''reboot'' ''HD'' and others. The gaming industry really cares for the environment seeing how they recycle every original game they made like 3 decades ago and remake it for 6 games. What is this call of duty? My is guess they would try to remake the games to their current engine if not there is no immediate plans for it since they're already working for tes6. Don't expect something original or good for a while.

Fallout 5 will be the next Bethesda game after Elder Scrolls VI.

I hope they make Fallout 5 as much of a Bethesda game as they can. Watching this forum when that happens will be almost as fun as watching Trump on twitter, with Bethesda being Trump and all the whiners being the lefties that are so mad that Trump is ruining everything. Peak entertainment. I finally figured out what this place is, its the Fallout Community Safe Space.

Nobody cares anymore; they already killed the IP with FO3.

Killed it, dragged it through the mud, gutted it, skinned it, and used the hide to cover their literal Oblivion re-skin.

—There is evidence to suggest that they actually did just simply re-skin Oblivion as the basis for FO3.

Pretty sure the IP died half way through Fallout 2, certainly by Fallout Tactics it was a steaming pile. At least, that's what people used to say. Still, the few threads Ive read of people not caring so hard about Fallout have been truly entertaining. The misery is palpable, is this what its like being Elon Musk?

With the leads gone, BlackIsle's remaining Fallout 2 team did indeed not seem to really understand the setting. Fallout 2 had a kind of anything goes mentality [infamous talking plants, ghosts, and the chess playing scorpion]. They cobbled the maps together separately, and it's a miracle they fit together as well as they did.

Tactics was not in-house. It was made by 14°East. Tactics did have the best TB combat of the three, IMO.

At this point Fallout 5 will be in space so they can reuse all the assets from Starfield.

Orbital_Armor_Reserve_zpsh0fgpcya.jpg

Howard has told IGN previously that the studio has an idea for Fallout 5 in place, saying, "Fallout's really part of our DNA here. We've worked with other [developers] from time to time – I can't say say what's gonna happen. You know, we have a one-pager on Fallout 5, what we want to do." However, Howard hadn't confirmed that it would definitely be on the way after The Elder Scrolls 6.

They have a one pager like usual. A one pager of "wouldn't it be cool if it was all like that one movie and stuff" brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttt.

I hope they make Fallout 5 as much of a Bethesda game as they can. Watching this forum when that happens will be almost as fun as watching Trump on twitter, with Bethesda being Trump and all the whiners being the lefties that are so mad that Trump is ruining everything. Peak entertainment. I finally figured out what this place is, its the Fallout Community Safe Space.
Haha I love that comparison. It makes me feel pathetic. I want NMA to be like Trump, not the other way around.

Fallout 5 will star a vault dweller who has to go after their missing sibling. The sibling will be your identical twin, so the game can just insert whatever your character looked like at character creation.

I predict somewhere in the New Jersey/New York area. Partially this is wishful thinking since I'm from Jersey. If it's going to be a bad game, it can at least be a bad game where I can point at places and go 'hey I've been there.'

If I want to get into wishful thinking that will probably not happen but would be technically possible, if it was New York, a DLC where you get to go into Canada and get some lore about the annexation.

Fallout 5 will star a vault dweller who has to go after their missing sibling. The sibling will be your identical twin, so the game can just insert whatever your character looked like at character creation.

I predict somewhere in the New Jersey/New York area. Partially this is wishful thinking since I'm from Jersey. If it's going to be a bad game, it can at least be a bad game where I can point at places and go 'hey I've been there.'

If I want to get into wishful thinking that will probably not happen but would be technically possible, if it was New York, a DLC where you get to go into Canada and get some lore about the annexation.
A bad game where I could point at places was 4, so far be it from me to deny another person that small comfort

A bad game where I could point at places was 4, so far be it from me to deny another person that small comfort
4 was my first Fallout game, funnily enough. I thought it was great. Then my friend told me to try New Vegas. At some point while playing New Vegas I remember just putting down my controller and going 'wow. Fallout 4 isn't very good is it.' xD

Very jealous of everyone living in the Vegas area.

Back