Fallout 76 - BoS makes their appearance

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin

Bethesda said:
Steel Dawn is the first chapter in the new Brotherhood of Steel questline, free for Fallout 76 players. Paladin Leila Rahmani and her troops have arrived from California to establish a new Appalachian chapter. Work with or against the other Factions to achieve success. Visit settlements populated with new NPCs and unlock powerful weapons and armor from the Brotherhood arsenal. Join in their mission to rebuild society and aid in securing valuable technology – but only you can determine how it will be used. Coming December 2020

What's your thought on this latest lore rape?

Okay, so Maxson got on the radio and recruited some soldiers over in Appalachia to join the Brotherhood of Steel, they all get wiped out, the Brotherhood sends an expedition to establish a chapter in Appalachia for whatever reason, and we can only assume they eventually get wiped out, then the Brotherhood sends ANOTHER expedition almost 200 years later...

Why does the brotherhood care so much about the east coast, and why do they never mention any of this in Fallout 1? A rhetorical question, of course.

West Virginia is cringe.
Canada is the biggest U.S. state. Just set a fallout in British Columbia ffs. It has Vancouver and a bunch of other great cities of varying size. The geography is some of the best in the world and you could could have some interesting new factions with the possibilty of some the NCR having scouted that far north.

Would there still be a large Asian population in Vancouver in Fallout's universe? What effects would that have hsd on pre war Canada? What new mutated creature could we see? Giant mutated Moose? I'd rather see that than any U.S. location, especially one in the south.

Literally the one thing I was defending 76 on, the radio excuse and they doubled back into the most retarded explanation that in the original release they seething clarified on Twitter wasn't the case

Jesus fucking Christ

Oh noes, Bethesda retcons again and shoves BoS in places they have no business being in. That totally hasn't been happening for 12 years now.

My hope is that the release of this DLC is a complete disaster and i can laugh at it.

I don't think they put much thought into naming it.

steel-dawn-1987-vhs-cassette-patrick-swayze-movie-fuilm-poster-artwork-cult-film.jpg

steel2_m19DcvshkPZLAN6xvtO4.jpg

Canada is the biggest U.S. state. Just set a fallout in British Columbia ffs. It has Vancouver and a bunch of other great cities
there has never been anything great about Canada ever.
Okay, so Maxson got on the radio and recruited some soldiers over in Appalachia to join the Brotherhood of Steel, they all get wiped out
Just setting aside how being there to begin with is stupid enough let me take a moment to put on my shouldn't really care about this but I do enough to write about it hat for a second. How exactly did they get wiped out? Hordes of Crispy Raiders? you literally skull fuck hordes of Crispy Raiders throughout the game. Well there were more then, so fucking what. They are apparently no more resilient than a normal person and armed with 38. caliber pipe guns. 38. has a problem killing normal people, it should be having major problems against a Man Tank armed with a Gatling Laser. Muh Scorchbeasts! Skull fuck them too. Scorch Beast Queen? that fucking thing has trains ran on it on a daily bases by dudes in Power Armor. Others not in it. I'm sick of this fuck-tarded gameplay narrative disconnect between Power Armor lore and in game behavior. OG FO and to a lesser extent New Vegas had to you wade through bullets that didn't crit so you could slap the shit out of entire gangs of Raiders. Now a Feral Ghoul punch can take like 25% of you health. And why the fuck do Ghouls all of a sudden punch as a hard as a 125mm HEAT round? Son of a bitch should turn to powder from his bones shattering on impact for punching a suit of T-51b. Eat all the dicks in the world Behtesda.

Just setting aside how being there to begin with is stupid enough let me take a moment to put on my shouldn't really care about this but I do enough to write about it hat for a second. How exactly did they get wiped out? Hordes of Crispy Raiders? you literally skull fuck hordes of Crispy Raiders throughout the game. Well there were more then, so fucking what. They are apparently no more resilient than a normal person and armed with 38. caliber pipe guns. 38. has a problem killing normal people, it should be having major problems against a Man Tank armed with a Gatling Laser. Muh Scorchbeasts! Skull fuck them too. Scorch Beast Queen? that fucking thing has trains ran on it on a daily bases by dudes in Power Armor. Others not in it. I'm sick of this fuck-tarded gameplay narrative disconnect between Power Armor lore and in game behavior. OG FO and to a lesser extent New Vegas had to you wade through bullets that didn't crit so you could slap the shit out of entire gangs of Raiders. Now a Feral Ghoul punch can take like 25% of you health. And why the fuck do Ghouls all of a sudden punch as a hard as a 125mm HEAT round? Son of a bitch should turn to powder from his bones shattering on impact for punching a suit of T-51b. Eat all the dicks in the world Behtesda.

Yeah people love to jack-off over the new version of Power Armor, but other than the animations and it being more like a vehicle, everything else about it is crap. It feels like crap to wear in combat and the constant ticking clock is lame as fuck. They are still a far cry from replicating the feeling of power of wearing PA in 1 and 2 where you would just tank shit, and that didn't need any fancy mech bullshit.

I also don't know why they wouldn't say this returning brigade wasn't just a squadron they sent out to investigate DC from WV which would be logical considering its right next door.

Yeah people love to jack-off over the new version of Power Armor, but other than the animations and it being more like a vehicle, everything else about it is crap. It feels like crap to wear in combat and the constant ticking clock is lame as fuck. They are still a far cry from replicating the feeling of power of wearing PA in 1 and 2 where you would just tank shit, and that didn't need any fancy mech bullshit.
I just want bullets to ping off me, is that too much to ask for? There needs to be one of those stupid online campaigns calling to put the Power back in Power Armor dammit. While I'm at it, I think when wearing a Suit of PA I should be able to begin and end any conversation with the option to pop somebodies head like a grape. I'm sick of some shit fuck wearing a seat cushion as a jerkin trying to act tough with me as they are only armed with a broken dildo and a coffee table leg, I should be able to just collapse their noggin with zero effort.
UiGpWQo.gif

But that is me wishing for RPG mechanics in games called rpgs, which we know is a waste of time and kind stupid at this point.

Last edited:

I think Canada cool :( Alberta has like 9999999 dinosaurs!

I don't think they put much thought into naming it.

I sort of liked that movie when I watched it some 15 years ago. The story sort of implies two wars, first a nuclear war that destroys the planet and then the "swords war" if I remember correctly. You don't get that much lore about the previous wars however. Maybe I should rewatch it.

THE LEGION WAS THE BOS THE WHOLE TIME. THE LEGION EXISTED BEFORE CAESAR WAS BORN. AD VICTORIAM. LONG LIVE THE LEGION.

As I mentioned in another thread a few months ago when I read up on the news of this upcoming expansion; the BOS could not bother with sending an expedition to the Glow which they knew contained advanced technology.
Only a few renegade Paladins went there and the BOS never followed up on them other than sending wannabe recruits there.

And now it is retconned that the BOS send not one but two expeditions West, one being at a time when they were at their weakest.

I really hated the nonsense of Maxson contacting a fellow officer across the nation to start a chapter of the BOS there, complete with the same iconography.
I have the feeling that the Bethesda writers want to make out as if Maxson was this highly charismatic officer in the armed forces, almost like a Big Boss most of the lower ranking forces and some officers would side behind in an instant.
He wasn't. He was just some random schmuck considered high rated enough to be assigned to Mariposa base, and even there he was not the highest ranking officer until his superior committed suicide (I think).

And again the BOS are made out as some army that seeks to reclaim the wasteland for humans and peaceful mutants while driving out raiders, feral mutants, Super Mutants and so on.
They aren't. They are not anything like the NCR or any other post war government that seeks to rebuild the world.

I can't stand Bethesda anymore. The desecration after desecration digs in under my skin. I can't wait for this stupid hackjob company to go out of business with their continuous blunders.

Anyways. I'm glad that at least Cyberpunk 2077 is coming out in just two weeks from now. At least I'm going to have an actually good RPG to play. Can put my rope aside and wait a few weeks more before I kill myself.

Back