Fallout 76 getting review bombed

Wait, Bethesda even bothered putting a rating system into their launcher? Cus the game isn't even on Steam, so... where is this happening? Linkies, pls.

Good :wiggle:. They can't even ship their physical editions to some of their customers. This is a mess.

If it stays below 5 then maybe there's some hope for the fandom yet.
Gotta disagree with that. Most of these people that are trashing on the game are the same ones that got mad and defended the game with their dying breath when I told them my complaints towards Fallout 4.

They're mostly mad because it's multiplayer and without NPCs as if the NPCs in 4 were worth the time to include them :roll:

So is this FO:76 in a nutshell?

FalloutMMO.jpg

*Posted this 9 years ago on Bethsoft forums.

It has 46 out 100 in Metacritic from gaming critics and 2,7 out of 10 from users. Seeing people that called the people who said the changes in Fallout 3 were bad as "living in the past" or some other nonsense, now cry that they hate the changes in Fallout 76 is kind of cathartic honestly.

Now these people know how it feels to watch one of your favorite franchises get worse.

Context? It sounds like an interesting anecdote if you don't mind sharing.
At this point I can't be sure, but my thought is that it was a visual example of precisely how not to implement multiplayer—excepting [ignoring] of course that multi-player shouldn't be implemented at all.

I might be wrong in the date... That's just the file date I have on the image. Bethsoft has gone through several purges, and there is no way to check for the original post. One day we all logged in with half the posts we'd had the day before; I lost 12,000 myself.

If you look at the image, you see that the pipboy isn't really the pipboy; it's a guess at one that I made in Photoshop from a partial press screenshot. This image was probably from late 2007, rather than 2009.

I made a lot of this stuff back then.
The context of this one was that many members were erroneously asserting that Fallout was made isometric because —back in the day— it wasn't possible to make it in first person.

*And this game shipped the same year, from the same publisher.

And this is just more what I was hoping for from Bethesda—before I learned more about them.

This was a FO3 prediction, made using Oblivion in 2007.

Last edited:
the fact IGN gave it 5/10 really tells you something, and generally empty, you'd be lucky to even get shot by some other player.
I like both sides of the franchise, but this, this game is a true wasteland, dead and empty.
(buggy as fuck too :boy:)

None of this outrage matters. The next sandbox theme-park will come out and all will be forgiven because it has some semblance of a story where you find a missing family member, again.

The engine will be the same. The jank will be the same. The bugs will be the same. But hey, it has a story and game loop that's easy to get into so who cares - let me find my missing son in the Sol system but first I need to make a detour and visit 50 different planets and build a space city or 30. All this so I can e-brag about putting off the the main quest because it's admittedly garbage, but I'll dress it up as though the game around it is engrossing. I don't want to face the fact that I paid 80 dollars for a glorified barbie doll playhouse game and ignored one of the most important parts of an 'RPG'!

Last edited:
Bethesda. Bethesda never changes...

Joking aside, BigGuyCIA is right that the audience will not remember the mistakes Bethesda made with Fallout 76 and less with Fallout 4 when the next Fallout is announced.
Bethesda will still not learn from Fallout New Vegas, because as the expression goes they have their heads in their asses and don't want to take notice, or they are still pissed that another studio consisting of people who actually worked on the titles that would be well remember did better on what should be one of BGS' flagship titles.

As for their new title Starfield, I have no doubt that it will be very underwhelming compared to games like Elite Dangerous, the X series, and Mass Effect.

Back