Fallout 76 Nukes Lore and Releases

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
He was. Clearly Zenimax forced them into some of this bullshit, but I don't feel sorry for them. Rolling in dollar bills and shit.

Yeah. I'll give Todd the benefit of the doubt and say it must be devastating creatively to want to get into the industry to make legit great games, only to be forced to dumb down the games to get as big as audience as possible.

Can you give me some names?

Some notable releases, sorry it's long:
Rimworld
CrossCode
Deep Rock Galactic (if you include EA)
ZeroRanger
Bard's Tale IV
Timespinner
Subnautica
Celeste
Iconoclasts
One Hour One Life
Return of the Obra Dinn
Deadfire
Guacamelee 2
Dead Cells
La-Mulana 2
Objects in Space
Overload
Far: Lone Sails
Frostpunk
Hunt Showdown
Dusk
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
plus some good ports, like Yakuza 0

I honestly don't care about Fallout anymore, it's been a dead IP to me since Fallout 2. It's been turned into an abomination in the hands of an incompetent developer starting with FO3. Bethesda can do anything they want with the lore because their fans don't care, they're only interested in shooting and looting. Anyway, all I do now is to enjoy watching Bethesda become a meme of a company. Let's see how things will turn out for them when they don't get any help from modders.

I honestly don't care about Fallout anymore, it's been a dead IP to me since Fallout 2. It's been turned into an abomination in the hands of an incompetent developer starting with FO3. Bethesda can do anything they want with the lore because their fans don't care, they're only interested in shooting and looting. Anyway, all I do now is to enjoy watching Bethesda become a meme of a company. Let's see how things will turn out for them when they don't get any help from modders.

'Meme' seems to be exactly what they were going for with that live action trailer. I get the feeling that they've looked at the current market and decided that random junk will sell better than everything else. Seems like a losing game for any company to hope to keep up with Internet culture, though. They'll just be aping outdated jokes, like a teenager's dad trying to use slang.

There's a game about rimming?
0d66kmmwujt11.jpg

That's Rimworld for you.

About as bad as i expected. And gotta love the "it's fun with friends" argument some people are throwing around in the comments. Everything can be made fun with friends but what is making the game fun is the social interaction and not the game itself.

Oh boy,

About as bad as i expected. And gotta love the "it's fun with friends" argument some people are throwing around in the comments. Everything can be made fun with friends but what is making the game fun is the social interaction and not the game itself.

Oh boy, you know they've fucked up when Jim Soyling even hates it.

"YeAh, BuT jIm StErLiNg HaTeS eVeRyThInG" - Bethesbots before they realize he scored Fallout 4 an 8/10

I genuinely, genuinely, loved his review of Fallout 4. It was one of the greatest things I've experienced.

He took Bethesda being too lazy to flesh out the romance system to be an endorsement of his Polyamory lifestyle.

I will never not find that hilarious.

"
What I love most about the companionship of Fallout 4 is the fact that, yes, you can pursue multiple romantic partnerships and the game totally allows it. You’re not locked into a single relationship, and can actually maintain more than one without getting judged or upsetting anybody. This is certainly the first game I’ve seen – and arguably the first mainstream one overall – that simply allows for polyamorous relationships without making a big deal about it.

I’m very happy in my three-way love affair between a lady Irish rogue and a charming ghoul fellow, I can tell you that much.
"

-Jim Sterling, November 2015

Last edited:
Back