Fallout 76: Steel Reign update released

the representation of the brotherhood in 76 is probably the best the series has ever seen in my opinion.

looking forward to seeing more content like this in the future!

tenor (6).gif

Not sure about that.

I don’t even remember what BOS was supposed to even be anymore. Its been so many things.

I dont think Bethesda ever knew.

Don't you know? It's fun with friends!

Also it has one of the nicest communities in an online game.

Those were the reasons people gave me a while ago.

I will never understand online games, of course any online game will be fun with friends... And there is probably tons of much better games than FO76 to goof around with your friends. Although the nice community is something that is indeed rare in online games.
I've played many MMO's and there is always communities of nice players. I play Neverwinter and there are a lot of guilds and players that are very welcoming to new players. I know as I am one of them. Whenever someone needs a high level enchantment or mount I happily give them one if they need it. Black Desert has a friendly community as does Final Fantasy 14 which is said to have one of the most friendly community of players in a MMO with many players helping out new players. Sure, there are some players who are bad eggs but many of these studios like Bethesda and Square Enix try to foster a friendly community with their online games. It is kind of the par for the course with any company that makes an MMO.

I've played many MMO's and there is always communities of nice players.
I don't play MMO's. So I am not the best to talk about the communities.
I did try Neverwinter years ago. I was supposed to play with some RL friends, but due to time zones, we could never play together so I stopped soon after.

I think the nice community of Fallout76 might be one of the few ones for post-apoc, non fantasy online games around. Because what those people told me was that they tried other non-fantasy PA games and the communities were always not very good. As in "slaughter/loot newbies over and over" type of thing.

But again, this was only hearsay, I never played any of these types of games myself.

I don't play MMO's. So I am not the best to talk about the communities.
I did try Neverwinter years ago. I was supposed to play with some RL friends, but due to time zones, we could never play together so I stopped soon after.

I think the nice community of Fallout76 might be one of the few ones for post-apoc, non fantasy online games around. Because what those people told me was that they tried other non-fantasy PA games and the communities were always not very good. As in "slaughter/loot newbies over and over" type of thing.

But again, this was only hearsay, I never played any of these types of games myself.
Well, with shooter type MMO's the community is more toxic but I think that maybe due to the raging 12 year old's that are a part of those communities. Lot of younger people gravitate more towards shooters. As such you get a more toxic and hostile community for those types of players.

steel dawn was 5 lame missions long and this last part is the same. the amount of bullshit politics and propaganda disguised in this shit fucking game is baffling. or the weird ass sexual inuendos of the devs that are poorly disguised as quests. oh and uh they ripped off Fallout.

Ok. The Mistress Of Mistery quest where they make you wear a dress if you play as a male character,
the fucking burka wearing scientist in the last mission of Steel Reign where you get to choose between the Rahmani(lol) and Shin.
, all the romancing of same sex npc's and the gorillion lgbtqhelicopter avatars on the atom store. Do you really need an avatar to show your sexual preference to the world? Do you have to push this in peoples faces all the time? Is it really necessary? These are a few examples off the top of my head, there are a few more I don't remember. Play the game yourself and see.

:hatersgonnahate:
_____________________________________________________________________________________

I have never played this game. Won't ever play it even as someone that likes Bethesda games a little too much. Not for principle or anything like that. It just seems crap. :shrug:

Last edited:
Ok. The Mistress Of Mistery quest where they make you wear a dress if you play as a male character,
the fucking burka wearing scientist in the last mission of Steel Reign where you get to choose between the Rahmani(lol) and Shin.
, all the romancing of same sex npc's and the gorillion lgbtqhelicopter avatars on the atom store. Do you really need an avatar to show your sexual preference to the world? Do you have to push this in peoples faces all the time? Is it really necessary? These are a few examples off the top of my head, there are a few more I don't remember. Play the game yourself and see.
I don't know what the pre-war US was like when it came to immigration but I mean it's not like all that survived the war was christianity. So one character had a burka. Is it obvious that they're going for "inclusivity", sure. But unless that burka-lady is spouting a bunch of islamic propaganda and constantly tries to shove it down your throat then I don't see the problem. Hell, even if she did do that doesn't Daniel and Joshua do the same with christianity (or was it mormonism?) in their own way in Honest Hearts? Like, is there more to this character or is it literally just the visage of a burka that horrifies you so?

The mistress of mistery faction was an all women faction and you're luring computer programs to get access so if to get access you need to wear womens clothing then you only do it for the access, that is not some "sexual" thing.

And why exactly is romancing same sex a problem? You can just opt not to do it. It's there as an option for RP reasons, the game just doesn't have any kind of character creation option where you dictate your sexuality so the bisexual option is there in general gameplay as an option. It's a complete non issue.

I don't see why you would need to care about LGBT avatars. Are they vain? Yeah. Are they patting themselves on the back for being such good people? Yeah. So roll your eyes at them and move on. Unless they start to promote LGBT actively I don't see the point in being upset by it.son

I figured you might have noticed something juicy but if that's all you got to complain about then what a non-issue you're getting triggered by. You're no better than an SJW in that case. I'm all for calling out bullshit inclusivity/diversity and shoving down obnoxious ideological propagation down the audiences throat and all but there is a big difference between calling out bullshit and getting up in arms over nothing.

These things are non-issues. Is there anything of actual merit you could point out?

I got one, the lady of BOS who leads it destroys the only means of long distance communication and instead of being stripped of command the 2nd top ranked guy doesn't do anything about it and it makes me wonder if it is because she's a woman and they (bethesda) don't want to deal with the "bad optics" of such a course of action. Like, story wise she should be removed from command and sent out into the desert for her action as it completely undermines the BOS mission, compromises the line of authority as she's basically going rogue and destroys valuable tech necessary for the BOS mission and survival. What she did was unforgivable. So why the fuck is she not crucified for her actions? And I got no answer. Either it's just general shitty writing... Or it's because she's a woman. Considering it's Bethesda, I don't know which it is.

Now that's something that irks me even though I can't confirm it to be the worst case scenario for a fact as we see this in more and more media now a days where women can do some pretty awful things and no one is willing to hold them properly accountable for it.

Do you have anything like this or is it all superficial non-issues?

There was bisexuality in NV with perks and lots of gay characters like Arcade. Was Veronica gay? Who knows. Not a first for Fallout and as stated above it's a roleplaying game and they want to make money off cosmetics which means trying to have crap for everyone to entice as many as possible. All of this in a terrible game you shouldn't waste your time on anyways.

Big woop.

The mistress of mistery faction was an all women faction and you're luring computer programs to get access so if to get access you need to wear womens clothing then you only do it for the access, that is not some "sexual" thing.

It wasn't all fucking women. There are holotapes and computer messages of a guy who was like a technician or whatever that was working with them. Was he forced to wear a dress too? There are more things I just can't remember now. I have to turn off brain to play the game. These might seem non issues now, but its with non issues that things get escalated in time and start becoming the new normal.
What's wrong with the sexual option for npc's? They are forced in. Spoilers next for the sake of the argument

So I worked with Shin from the beginning against Rahmani. The whole entire time guy treats me like shit and 2nd class human being untermensch. Never ever in the dialogs you have with Shin were lines that would lead you to start developing and intimate relationship with him whatsoever. Yet after I killed Rahmani and the scientists, suddenly after you get promoted to "Knight-Errant" you get "Flirt" options with him? Why? You killed Rahmani and now you get to fuck the new commander as thank you? That is simply bs. It's like you said, for the sake of inclusivity? Same thing happens with the scribe chick whats her name. They just gave this option. And for what? Those characters are not even developed enough for me to care about them. Honestly given the option I would've killed Shin and Rahmani and nazi scientists.

Whats wrong with the burka scientist? It's out of place. It doesn't belong. It was added just to show how diverse everyone at Bethesda is. Next time they go full curtains suit.

So one guy was allowed to work there at the otherwise all female faction? But was he treated an agent or just used for his skills?
What you're talking about with the romance option is forcing it in but you said that it was because it was a same-sex romance option that it bothered you, not that they just handled its implementation poorly.
'How' was the burka scientist out of place? Was everyone else wearing rad suits but her or something?

As to this part "These might seem non issues now, but its with non issues that things get escalated in time and start becoming the new normal." It really depends on the non-issue. You start making arguments like these and anyone can twist and turn it around to argue for removal or censorship of a lot of things. I don't see how having optional romance options, some LGBT avatars, a woman in burka and a faction of all women with a female specific dress used for authentication by a monitoring system are problems that need to be addressed.

Could it be a seed that sprouts something vile further down the line? Yes. But so can anything.

[edit]

If we had another Fallout game set around Legion land and you as a female character could shave your head, don a legionnaire armor and infiltrate it would you be making the same claim? That women shouldn't be dressing as the men as that's improper and sexual deviancy?

Damn, I feel so detached from all of this. Like, I really couldn't care less. Guess I really moved on from Fallout and these themes.

Damn, I feel so detached from all of this. Like, I really couldn't care less. Guess I really moved on from Fallout and these themes.
Yeah, same. I'm surprised 76 didn't die the year it came out and that we're all here still talking about it at all... in fucking 2021. But here they are still making shit for it. Who's even playing this shit tho fr.

Back