Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

I have a little thought bubble in my head though, Slider2k. On the Vault-Tec Labs Wiki, there are things like Cross-platform Fallout that never got finished or even continued work... My question is, did Timeslip abandon work on cross-platform Fallout? It sucks not being able to play FO2 on something like Linux without emulation or dual booting at times, seeing as when Interplay laid off Black Isle Studios before Van Buren got finished the source code apparently disappeared with the latter company. The intended Fallout was even *close* to finished before Bethesda bought the license to the franchise.

Looking good... for now. I'm doing a sort of compilation of Fallouts 1 and 2 (dubbed Fallout1+2​ after MOTHER 1+2), mostly by moving Fallout 2's art content that is unchanged from the first game into the former, except all the things must be completely identical or problems might arise when trying to use a text node and it displays something else.

I'm almost certain that Fallout 1+2 already exists, so I don't know if you should do such a mod. Efforts better served not doing duplicate content. @Lexx Wasn't the combined Fallout mod your project?

Fallout 2 is and will continue to be the target because:
1) The engine isn't partial or beta.
2) Sfall gives a huge range of added functionality, collaboration potential, and features.
3) Not wise to start over when it's mostly finished already.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not really a mod Sduibek, I put duplicated content that is unchanged in Fallout 2 (some art *is* changed, but not all of them) gets moved back to FO1 and I try to point FO2 content towards a master.dat and critter.dat folder instead of DAT file... then I try to make it load Fallout 2 stuff for the second game. I can't get that to work though, it's probably nothing like doing Fallout 1 in Mapper.

The firstest thing I did was to make both Fallout games point towards the same directory for music, which in my case would be "D:\INTRPLAY\FALLOUT1+2\data\sound\music". Then, I'd move the original Fallout graphics like for critters, backgrounds etc.. It kinda works, takes up less space...

EDIT: Oh, Lexx has something like this? I had no idea, can I see some pictures?

Last edited:
FOnline: 2238 worldmap.

worldmap4.png

It has quite a few flaws, though. Never felt motivated to fix them and as far as I know nobody else ever tried their hands on it.

It has lots of shitty parts, especially in the northern half. I had to do lots of copy&paste from the southern part, and then mix it all up and even out the more shitty parts, etc. All in all it could be a lot better if a person with real graphic skills would go over it.

Where did the Setting Improvement mod go, by the way? The original was Realistic Arroyo intended to replace that Temple of Trials from out of nowhere, then more ideas came to make it feel like Fallout 1 and not like pop-culture references all over the place.

Where did the Setting Improvement mod go, by the way? The original was Realistic Arroyo intended to replace that Temple of Trials from out of nowhere, then more ideas came to make it feel like Fallout 1 and not like pop-culture references all over the place.

There should be an option in the RP for something like this, if one doesn't exist already :) What say ye, @killap ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope Sduibek, last time I checked there was no "Realistic Arroyo" mod or anything included. It must have to do with the mod(s) being from 2004.

I doubt RP 2.3.4 might end up including it, or even that the new version will come because Killap is busy with other things.

I will have to admit though that the idea to add another companion at the Khans base (besides Tandi) isn't a dumb idea, 'cause with all the stuff that can be carried around like the armor that can miraculously be looted from dead bodies the extra mule could be handy. "Jo" already exists in Modoc, however.

Last edited:
It has lots of shitty parts, especially in the northern half. I had to do lots of copy&paste from the southern part, and then mix it all up and even out the more shitty parts, etc. All in all it could be a lot better if a person with real graphic skills would go over it.
What exactly did you want done?

oh for cryin' out loud.. calling him "Jo" was just an example, I personally don't care if he's named Mohammadali/Brucelee and for the sake of reference evrybody can call him "a man named Sue", and I'm ok with that just as long as no additional re-runs from raided places to Your local merchants is nessecary because of lack of party carry weight. Any solution other than that is fine with me, this mercenary for hire was just my way of handling the problem of npc's actually using their carry weight in fo2 engine (wich in fo1 engine was not the case), and literally tons of stuff found in certain places. Any other suggestions are also welcome by me, but this issue has to be solved one way or another..
literally speaking those dozens of miniguns and rocket launchers found on mutant corpses (not to mention energy weapons) and their ammo isn't going to be carried all by itself and Ian Tycho and Katja can only carry a fraction of it (even if they all have power armors with Fo2 style weight[42lbs/50lbs]) this is especially true to: The Glow; Cathedtral; Mariposa Military Base (and Brotherhood of Steel if You plan to loot the armory and steal evrything from evryone there)

FOnline: 2238 worldmap.

worldmap4.png

It has quite a few flaws, though. Never felt motivated to fix them and as far as I know nobody else ever tried their hands on it.
Do you think the coastal California islands will ever be explorable? I think it'd be awesome to explore the islands in F1 or FOnline.

That's a cool idea!

I think you'd have to do it by script. Letting the player walk across the ocean would be kind of retarded. So you could do it like Fallout 2 does with the Oil Rig; just run a script that loads ISLAND.MAP or whatever.

The hard part is finding someone willing to build the maps for it :look:

So... uh, Sduibek? Fallout Update Mod 1.2.5 merging anytime? I certainly can't wait to be able to finally do some Blades quests and maybe be able to visit the Vipers, but also to be allowed doing the Children spy quest properly by training the Followers in the ways of war. That is, talking to Neil after Heather is dead.

Back