Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Another bug: I specifically told Fallout Fixt to -not- make enemy weapons drop away from the body since that made looting so god awful hard then pixels all blend together. It did it anyway.

Another bug: I specifically told Fallout Fixt to -not- make enemy weapons drop away from the body since that made looting so god awful hard then pixels all blend together. It did it anyway.
Hmm, strange. Could you please provide me the log file in {Fallout Fixt}/DATA/FIXT? You can just paste it here in spoiler tags.

I think the default values were enabled at 1 hex, so if something broke during installation that would make sense. I don't remember why enabled is the default in the template file. I'll change that.

Thanks for quick reply, however you did not answer me.. what tool did you use specificly to edit hp of party npc's the tool i mention that does not allow to edit base values directly is in fact cubi2k's tool.
Oh and sorry for any text issues I'm writing this from a low end chineese tablet it's got 1Ghz single core arm and around 300MB of ram.. and I just hate touchscreens my fingers are just to thick for it, and so the writing comes slow... :p
Editing base HP I do with a hex editor. http://www.fairdell.com/hexcmp/

Last edited:
I haven't touched the game in months and I haven't yet got around to downloading a post 6.7.3 patch but I have been following this thread and your progress. Don't get disappointed. I'm sure there are plenty of us who are interested in this project.

I know you have a separate 'ideas' thread but please consider altering the tag option to level 15 or 18 when you convert the engine. The ability to get small guns 300 at level 12 is just too enticing for me. :wink:

Wait you're doing an engine conversion? How will that change anything if I may ask?

At very least, it will allow to use many existing mods and modding technologies used with Fallout 2 engine. Which means being able to use stuff like party orders addon. Also AFAIK the new engine will allow to edit/rebalance random encounters, as this possibility is limited in old engine. Correct me if I'm wrong.

not to mention take all button, pushing critters, and all the other little improvements made to the engine in FO2, which'll be available without any mod or sfall installed.

Even with pushing critters, you still have to watch for the companions still getting in your way at times. That's where you can use the Sfall function to directly control 'em and move them away... In addition, Ian and Katja could use their Big Guns and Energy Weapons (for the latter) skills because those were in the original proto IDs, maybe those should be restored? It can be done by giving Ian the sprites for such, while Katja needs Buffout or power armor to carry them (including the energy weapon rifles) properly. NFMAXX frames currently doesn't have "small pistol" frames and thus Kat cannot use something like the Glock 86 plasma pistol.

If the companions besides Dogmeat and Tycho can use other guns besides those they have animation frames for, they can be more fun to use when you have more guns shooting in directions of the compass.

Last edited:
Oh. I thought it was going to bring the weapons and equipment over from Fallout 2 and put it in F1. Guess not?

I also changed my mind about releasing the translations, because they'd be outdated anyway; this means players would get crashes because the new versions usually include new entries, and fallout crashes when it can't display a given text/dialog entry -- the second step in the plan.

When can we expect the release of the translations? Thanks! :-)
Not sure. They can be downloaded from their respective sites, though. (Because they are done by the Czech/French/Spanish/etc Fallout communities and thus posted on corresponding websites) May I know why you ask? That will help me be more helpful in my reply.

Don't get disappointed. I'm sure there are plenty of us who are interested in this project.
Thanks!

I know you have a separate 'ideas' thread but please consider altering the tag option to level 15 or 18 when you convert the engine. The ability to get small guns 300 at level 12 is just too enticing for me. :wink:
Would this actually be feasible? That would be impressive.

So, what I get from not seeing Blades members (ex. Romero, Julianna's love) or Followers like Peter, Neil, or even Jake in the Boneyard is the result of holding them back until the Fallout 2 conversion. I understand that it's hard when trying to convert FO2 maps into FO1 format.

Ok, here's the log file:

-----------------INSTALL BEGINS-----------------
Each-time backup of savegames:
Aborting each-time backup of savegames because this is first Fixt install.

Backup check:
Performing first time backup of savegames...
SAVEGAMES BACKUP SUCCESSFUL

x64: Running Install64bit.bat:
Done checking fallout.cfg entries.
Done deleting temp files.
BugFixesOnly_disable
BOS_LORRI_CHA_ENABLED = 0
CAN_REPORT_BITS_BOB = 1
BITS_BOB_GOES_TO_JAIL = 0
BITS_BOB_GOES_TO_JAIL = 1
ANIMAL_FRIEND_RADSCORPS = 0
CHILDKILLER_NUM_KILLS = 3
DISPLAY_TITLE_ON_LVLUP = 1
INVASIONS_NECROPOLIS_ONLY
NECRO_30_DAYS_GVAR225 = 0
NECRO_30_DAYS_GVAR225 = 1
VAULT_WATER_64000
VAULT_WATER_150_DEFAULT
ENABLE_HOOKERS = 1
TANDI_SEX_ENABLED = 1
BOS_LORRI_SEX_ENABLED = 1

Deleting saves by user request ...
SUCCESS deleting savegames.
SUCCESS removing SAVEGAME folder.

Begin install cleanup, move VAULT13.GAM...
Success!
Success!
Success!
globalvars.tmp deleted.
----------------INSTALL FINISHED----------------

Backup check:
SAVEGAMES BACKUP SUCCESSFUL

BugFixesOnly_disable
CAN_REPORT_BITS_BOB = 1
ANIMAL_FRIEND_RADSCORPS = 1
HIT_GIVES_RADS_FLOATERS = 1
HIT_GIVES_RADS_GHOULS = 1
HUNTER_RESPAWNS = 1
DISPLAY_PLVL_ON_LVLUP = 1
STAPLE_DIFFICULTY_BASED = 1
STAPLE_RESTOCK_WEEKS = 4
VAULT_WATER_64000
VAULT_WATER_150_DEFAULT
WEAPONDROP_MOD_STATUS = 1
WEAPONDROP_MOD_MINIMUM = 1
WEAPONDROP_MOD_MAXIMUM = 1
ENABLE_HOOKERS = 1

Deleting saves by user request ...
SUCCESS deleting savegames.
SUCCESS removing SAVEGAME folder.

Success!
Success!
Success!
globalvars.tmp deleted.

Backup check:
First-Time Only-Once BACKUP ERROR = OH SHIT NO BUENO

BugFixesOnly_disable
CAN_REPORT_BITS_BOB = 1
ANIMAL_FRIEND_RADSCORPS = 1
HIT_GIVES_RADS_FLOATERS = 1
HIT_GIVES_RADS_GHOULS = 1
HUNTER_RESPAWNS = 1
DISPLAY_PLVL_ON_LVLUP = 1
STAPLE_DIFFICULTY_BASED = 1
STAPLE_RESTOCK_WEEKS = 4
VAULT_WATER_64000
VAULT_WATER_150_DEFAULT
ENABLE_HOOKERS = 1
BOS_LORRI_SEX_ENABLED = 1

Success!
Success!
Success!
globalvars.tmp deleted.

Would this actually be feasible? That would be impressive.
In Fallout 2 it's not only feasible but pretty easy to achieve at level 12, (without cheating), if you know how the program works. If you abuse the chems/save function you could probably achieve the feat at level 6 if tag was available at that point. If you want a full explanation i'll send it via PM. (I don't want to spoil things for everyone else).

Hey Sduibek. Do you think you'll add in more of your own custom content as well on the next release? Also would take requests for new content?

Another annoying-as-hell bug: every -other- time I load from a save in combat it treats it as if I ended my turn and any and all action points are wasted and I have to wait for the enemies to take their turn before I can reload.

That's the problem with saving games in-combat, because then you have to quickly tap the action key so it becomes your turn and then you can try ending it. For me in Necropolis at the Watershed, I also had to put away all my weaponry otherwise the companions were enemies with me... Don't forget about Adytum and the Boneyard though, it happened when I tried saving in combat before the Blades got to fight, I then got burnt by the upper-right Blade member!

So yeah, it's always been dangerous to save in combat. Remember when Fallout wasn't patched? Companions could be cloned, but they'd eventually crash the game because of instability problems it gave despite the comfort of more mules to hold onto your stuff.

Another annoying-as-hell bug: every -other- time I load from a save in combat it treats it as if I ended my turn and any and all action points are wasted and I have to wait for the enemies to take their turn before I can reload.
Personally I almost never have this problem but I just load again if it happens. As far as I know this is an engine bug that cannot be fixed. @JimTheDinosaur @phobos2077 did somebody fix this in Fo2 engine?

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I almost never have this problem but I just load again if it happens. As far as I know this is an engine bug that cannot be fixed. @JimTheDinosaur @phobos2077 did somebody fix this in Fo2 engine?
There's an option in sfall prevents you from saving in combat except at the start of your turn. Or you can block all saving in combat.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you ask me, I personally don't see much point including sfall here. Other than for speed juggling, that most players don't use anyway. It doesn't fix anything in FO1 (as acknowledged in http://sfall.sourceforge.net/FAQ.html), and hi-res patch ALT_MOUSE_INPUT=1 offers better, context-sensitive mouse-wheel control.

There's no actual "Sfall" for Fallout 1, it was only something with a similar name intended to fix black screen issues. The last version of that was 1.18e.

Back