Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

What's the status on the engine conversion? Most specifically the part that lets you play after getting dipped.
No progress yet. Right now I'm working on 0.90alpha, this should finally (gah!) be the last release before going back to working on the engine conversion.

The primary reason I'm still releasing another FO1-engine release is crashes. But beyond that, I'll be adding more installer customizations and implementing in-game customizations. I want people to be able to play more freely with this version (with less crashes) while waiting for 1.0 beta. :)

Sorry if this has been asked before, but do you have any release date for 0.90? How long should we wait, some weeks or a month or two?
Thank you for your dedication.

Hmm, but which month? ;) Seriously though, I love the mod and I hope you'll really be able to release a new version soon. Keep up the good work!

So the next release is going to include custom character files. The intent is for them to replace the garbage characters Max Stone / Albert / Natalia.

My question is, will people be pissed if I replace those 3 by default instead of making it optional? For example if they were included overwriting the default 3 when selecting "Standard" or "Full" in the Full Custom installer.

Personally I'm all for it, however there are always be some mumbling purists. I guess to satisfy the both parties You'd probably have to make two installers one woud be "Fixes and (optional) restorations" and the other would be "full-custom" as was before. All features with many of them customizable. As for me I'd always use the full custom, however purists might feel offended if somebody messes with base content.. At least that's the way i see it..

So i think splitting installers in the way killap did it for Fo2 is the way to go. I mean the popularity of killaps patches prooves this way is the right thing to do.

EDIT:
I'm still planning to reach 99lvl by killing deathclaws but it turns out i might be short on ammo to do so. Could it be possible to have an option in the installer for deathclaws to yeald 5000xp/kill? so that the process of getting to 99 lvl would be easier?

Last edited:
lol no I won't be raising it to 5k XP per kill, that's a huge amount of XP!

What about crusing around the Military Base? Packs of Super Mutants + Centaurs should give good XP as well.

I'd have no problem with removing or changing the default characters. It would be nice if you could change the base settings and/or formulae determining the Vault Dweller's base settings.

End-of-day update:

All holodisk-related crashes should now be fixed.

"Discard when no longer needed" now properly applies to all holodisks.
Fixed crash upon returning to Military Base levels 1/2 if getting help from The Brotherhood.
Minor fixes to interface phrasing.
Centaurs in random encounters no longer called Floaters.
Replacements for premade characters are complete.

About the replace the default characters I am also one of those that always uses the custom character option so I wouldn't care if they are changed or not, but like it was said before there are people that would not like that so at the end of the day or you make it like it was suggested with options when installing or just make it the way you want to :look:. By the way I don't think I ever posted here, but thank you for all your work on making Fixt happen, I don't think I will be able to play FO1 in the future without it again. :grin:

Your installer works fine with the current gog version of fallout 1 correct?
Used it with my GOG version of Fallout 1 two to three months ago and it worked fine :postviper:.

lol no I won't be raising it to 5k XP per kill, that's a huge amount of XP!

What about crusing around the Military Base? Packs of Super Mutants + Centaurs should give good XP as well.

it's not going to bee as good deathclaws give 2k-3k xp per hour travelling around military base is not going to give me encounters that often and even if i try to power level on deathclaws to 99lvl it's going to take around 150 in game days and that is by killing 2-3 deathclaws evry hour on a regular basis (just to grind from 98-99 lvl it's going to take over 1,5 in game day) and it's nowhere to be done but the deathclaws in Boneyard there is just not enaugh xp/h to do it in time and economically enaugh to be left with any ammo. that's why i proposed to raise per deathclaw xp count to improove upon time limit and ammo consumption...

...(just to grind from 98-99 lvl it's going to take over 1,5 in game day)

In the big scheme does it matter, level 99 is about 80 levels more than what's required to finish the game...if you want all the perks, 1000 hp, 20 APs, just use the editor and save your sanity...

Back