Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Sduibek said:
Thanks everyone again for your patience, I really dislike that my fixing-bugs-mod actually causes bugs and crashes. Boo.

It happens to the best - don't worry, just squash those nasty bugs. :wink:

.Pixote. said:
Sduibek said:
Thanks everyone again for your patience, I really dislike that my fixing-bugs-mod actually causes bugs and crashes. Boo.

It happens to the best - don't worry, just squash those nasty bugs. :wink:
Yes Sir :salute:

jaredl said:
I have a bug where I crash after waiting in the hub.
In which part of town?

Fuser said:
- CTD when changing areas, this was quite frequent in Vault 15 when changing level with the ropes. Quick saving and numerous tries finally got me out of the Vault.
Are you still seeing this issue? I am unfortunately not able to duplicate.

Are you using version 99961?

Any details, explanations, savegames, etc., available would be great. Thank you

I was thinking it would be cool if possible and transferable to use the 'long hair' guy animations for Ian and the cassidy animations for Tycho to give them a bit of a different look. Not sure if they can be directly changed over?

Nineeva said:
I was thinking it would be cool if possible and transferable to use the 'long hair' guy animations for Ian and the cassidy animations for Tycho to give them a bit of a different look. Not sure if they can be directly changed over?

Try here - http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57305&highlight=ian

But note these critters will change all of the critters using the same appearance. The Fallout 2 mapper cannot edit Fallout 1 critter proto types without crashing the mapper...it's something about the size difference between the two games critter protos, or something. :shrug:

.Pixote. said:
Nineeva said:

But note these critters will change all of the critters using the same appearance. The Fallout 2 mapper cannot edit Fallout 1 critter proto types without crashing the mapper...it's something about the size difference between the two games critter protos, or something. :shrug:
I've figured out how to edit Fo1 maps in BIS Mapper and have them work fine in Fo1, and the creature protos can be edited using chsize + F.U.C.K., so hopefully i'll figure this one out someday as well :mrgreen:

EDIT: IIRC somebody here said you have to change them to 416 bytes (Fo2 size, using CHSIZE mentioned above) and make sure they're set to Read-Only... when I get Mapper up and running on this PC i'll see if editing critters through Mapper still fails if doing it that way. Fingers crossed!

Sduibek said:
.Pixote. said:
Nineeva said:

I've figured out how to edit Fo1 maps in BIS Mapper and have them work fine in Fo1, and the creature protos can be edited using chsize + F.U.C.K., so hopefully i'll figure this one out someday as well :mrgreen:

EDIT: IIRC somebody here said you have to change them to 416 bytes (Fo2 size, using CHSIZE mentioned above) and make sure they're set to Read-Only... when I get Mapper up and running on this PC i'll see if editing critters through Mapper still fails if doing it that way. Fingers crossed!

That's great, news and thanks for the link also, in the mean time I'll use this slightly 'botched' method and see how it looks!

Sduibek said:

Keep us informed as to how this works out...editing Fallout 1 critters would allow us to bring new critters.

I successfully edited FO1 critters with FO2 Mapper a while back.
I think the trick was to use CHSIZE first and then correct the PROTO ID with FUCK. After that, it worked like a charm. :)

Fallout1FTW said:
I think the trick was to use CHSIZE first and then correct the PROTO ID with FUCK. After that, it worked like a charm. :)

I don't want to change the critters stats, but bring in new critters and link them to the NPC's i.e. Ian and Tycho. We can do this easily in F2, but the official mapper hates F1 critter proto's. Also FUCK doesn't seem to be able to do this - (change critter appearances - black man, Vic, Tribal, etc), so what's the solution? :?

There was a different tool for editing the critters look, but I totally forgot it's name, because I haven't used it since I found out how to make critter editing workable with the BIS mapper.

Lexx said:
There was a different tool for editing the critters look, but I totally forgot it's name, because I haven't used it since I found out how to make critter editing workable with the BIS mapper.
"critter editing" including what Pixote has suggested regarding unique NPC looks?

Well, Fallout 2 critters, that is. Not Fallout 1 ones.

Fallout1FTW said:
Correct the ID? Does Fo2 use a different numbering scheme than Fo1 or something?

When reading the last few comments i did gave me a feeling that I created an Ian which looked like an power armored critter. When checking my Fo1 game I saw I was playing with capt. Corpse cheating tool.

It has many features. 1 of them is spawning NPC. Then is ask you for a script. This way I obtained the Ian critter using the power armored proto.

It does gives a warning not to use a higher PID then a given number unless you created new ones (with an higher number)

is Corpse still around? maybe he knows more on this? Anyway I know this isn't exacly what you are looking for, but maybe it could give some ideas?

Sduibek said:
Fallout1FTW said:
Correct the ID? Does Fo2 use a different numbering scheme than Fo1 or something?

You need to correct the PID only if you're importing FO1 critters into FO2 mod. If you linked FO1 successfully to FO2 Mapper then I guess you don't need to do that and everything should work as intended.

jaredl said:
I have a bug where I crash after waiting in the hub
Had the same problem. It happened to me in central Hub location - the one with Iguana Bob, don't remember the name. Crash happened each and every time I tried to leave the location via map transition. Error message said about reading memory with random line. Problem persists in savegame.

Other than that I am enjoying every bit of this mod beside the weapon drop mod. This and the invasions should be optional in my opinion.

Flash_in_the_flesh said:
Other than that I am enjoying every bit of this mod beside the weapon drop mod. This and the invasions should be optional in my opinion.
Hi I feel the same about invasion and drop mod. Due to drop mod I had lost most weapons behind walls, scenery, etc...
And I had to hexedit scripts in LA Boneyard to disable the invasion because it was too early imho.

The other things I noticed:
  • - If you have used flare in you inventory, it will be equippied to active hand after entering new location.
    - Is possible to loot stock of some traders clicking on desks (Killian), I think its caused bacause game in wine is much slower and script opening a dialog isn't quick enough.
    - Mrs. Stampleton doesn't have any books
    - Some dead ghouls in Necropolis severs have title "zombie guard".
    - When travel with caravan back to Hub from Necropolis, caravan master payed me twice.
    - There is no way to complete quest for blades in LA if you grab weapons for yourselves from gunrunners and kill regulators without help.
    - When you get upgrade to plasma rifle, script get out all your weapons and armor to inventory even if you dont have plasma rifle in hands
    - Tycho can use Laser rifle but no plasma rifle, tested in metal armor.

I was playing Version: Beta 0.99961 (April 16, 2011) on linux with wine.

Anyway this mod is great!
You're the man Sduibek! :clap:

Back