Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

jirik said:
Flash_in_the_flesh said:
Other than that I am enjoying every bit of this mod beside the weapon drop mod. This and the invasions should be optional in my opinion.
Hi I feel the same about invasion and drop mod. Due to drop mod I had lost most weapons behind walls, scenery, etc...
And I had to hexedit scripts in LA Boneyard to disable the invasion because it was too early imho.

The other things I noticed:
  • - If you have used flare in you inventory, it will be equippied to active hand after entering new location.
    - Is possible to loot stock of some traders clicking on desks (Killian), I think its caused bacause game in wine is much slower and script opening a dialog isn't quick enough.
    - Mrs. Stampleton doesn't have any books
    - Some dead ghouls in Necropolis severs have title "zombie guard".

All of this +

- 3xfreezes* in Vault 15 (when zoning (using ropes)
- several freezes during conversation with Killian when he frowns upon your reply (eg. when you tell him you're from Vault 13 or that there isn't anything interesting to do in Junktown)
- instant freeze after starting conversation with Jain in the Hub - I was already on the mission to kill her - http://www.mediafire.com/?fnxm2x4fmfpvwpc
- one random freeze in Necropolis (sewers) - when zoning
- random freezes exiting a zone in the wasteland + invasion enabled (Hub + LA invaded) - http://www.mediafire.com/?xun9aq4x09b3sls
- crashreports from Win7 - http://www.mediafire.com/?x4vo9is41zvpd6l
*freeze - game freezes and I need to go to Task Manager and kill manually FalloutW.exe

Minor stuff:
- the mission "Find and destroy the Deathclaw" in the Hub never got crosslined (in Pipboy>Status) after completing it and receiving the reward.
- after dismissing Ian he would still attack npcs attacking me (making possible to avoid Childkiller reputation)
- some of the dead bodies in invaded places were floating

I was playing on Win7 x64 (maybe these freezes are related to x64 OS?) - v0.99961

jirik said:
- Is possible to loot stock of some traders clicking on desks (Killian), I think its caused bacause game in wine is much slower and script opening a dialog isn't quick enough.

This has also happened while playing on Win7 x64

Cannot confirm any of these:
jirik said:
- When travel with caravan back to Hub from Necropolis, caravan master payed me twice.
- There is no way to complete quest for blades in LA if you grab weapons for yourselves from gunrunners and kill regulators without help.
- When you get upgrade to plasma rifle, script get out all your weapons and armor to inventory even if you dont have plasma rifle in hands
- Tycho can use Laser rifle but no plasma rifle, tested in metal armor

Because:
- never formed part of a caravan
- LA was invaded when I got there (couldn't complete missions there)
- never upgraded my plasma rifle
- never had Tycho as my companion.

Thanks for all the bug reports and details.

I am working on the next version, which will be making the weapon drop and more importantly Invasions optional and customizable.

I fixed the world map crashes but honestly have no idea what is causing all those other crashes. However I will do my best to track them down.

Hollow Point said:
- 3xfreezes* in Vault 15 (when zoning (using ropes)
- several freezes during conversation with Killian when he frowns upon your reply (eg. when you tell him you're from Vault 13 or that there isn't anything interesting to do in Junktown)
- instant freeze after starting conversation with Jain in the Hub - I was already on the mission to kill her - http://www.mediafire.com/?fnxm2x4fmfpvwpc
- one random freeze in Necropolis (sewers) - when zoning
- random freezes exiting a zone in the wasteland + invasion enabled (Hub + LA invaded) - http://www.mediafire.com/?xun9aq4x09b3sls
- crashreports from Win7 - http://www.mediafire.com/?x4vo9is41zvpd6l
*freeze - game freezes and I need to go to Task Manager and kill manually FalloutW.exe
hmm strange.. these didn't occured during my gameplay (2x). Only freeze I've noticed was in brotherhood when mechanic was installing motivator to power armor, but only once.

I've played fallout again as evil character and these are things I've noticed:
  • - If you attack police patrol around hub, they won't use their weapons mostly.
    - Necropolis ghouls in entrance of vault have active debug message or something on hit "4 rads ONE to SIX"
    - Is there charisma limitation of companion count? I have charisma 4 and get ian, dogmeat and katja.
    - As evil character you can't get any power armor except those on 1st floor storage after beating brotherhood. You can't get one from michael if you haven't enough karma and mechanic on 3rd floor tell you about systolic motivator but after that, he won't speak with you. I suggest to make possible of installing systolic motivator by yourselves with high repair skill.
    - Strengthening operation in brotherhood gets out your armor and weapons to inventory, but the other operations not.
    - Prices for evil character are imho too big. For example combat armor in Hub for 50 000 cups, I never had too much money in Fallout 1
    - As evil character you can't buy drugs from drug dealer Vance in Hub even if you know his name. Is this intended? And without it you can't buy enought rad-x for exploring Glow.

Some of the things changed between versions will cause crashes if not using a new character. I know this from my own testing while working on the mod ;) It sucks but that's just how it goes with mods sometimes, unfortunately:

For those of you getting lots of crashes, chances are if you start a new character with v99961 they will go away.

jirik said:
Only freeze I've noticed was in brotherhood when mechanic was installing motivator to power armor, but only once.
NOW FIXED, will be included in next version of FF.

jirik said:
If you attack police patrol around hub, they won't use their weapons mostly.

jirik said:
- Necropolis ghouls in entrance of vault have active debug message or something on hit "4 rads ONE to SIX"
lol whoops ;)

jirik said:
- Is there charisma limitation of companion count? I have charisma 4 and get ian, dogmeat and katja.
Nope; that wasn't ever implemented in Fallout 1. Good idea though, maybe I can add it at some point!

- As evil character you can't get any power armor except those on 1st floor storage after beating brotherhood. You can't get one from michael if you haven't enough karma and mechanic on 3rd floor tell you about systolic motivator but after that, he won't speak with you. I suggest to make possible of installing systolic motivator by yourselves with high repair skill.

jirik said:
- Strengthening operation in brotherhood gets out your armor and weapons to inventory, but the other operations not.
This is by design, as a fix for a weird bug specific to the STR operation. You have a good point though, maybe the character should be "naked" after any/all operations. Hmm

jirik said:
- Prices for evil character are imho too big. For example combat armor in Hub for 50 000 cups, I never had too much money in Fallout 1
Well, that's due to three things - Reputation (karma), and Charisma, and of course Barter. So if your Charisma and Barter are reasonably high, it's not a big deal what your reputation is, usually. What is the CHA and Barter on this character?

jirik said:
- As evil character you can't buy drugs from drug dealer Vance in Hub even if you know his name.

You can still trade in current version if you're evil, but you have to select proper dialog choices to pass a Speech check and then either a Speech or Carisma check (either works).

Fallout1FTW said:
There's no sense in having multiple copies of the same script. That's unsupportable in the long term ... Can you introduce flags into your scripts depending on the user's mod configuration? That way you could determine if someone installed weapon drop and wrap its code in an if statement
I think I found a way to do this through global variables. :clap:

EDIT: Looks like Weapon Drop is only in 440 scripts so far, so once I confirm that the Global Variable -controlled code is working, that's 440x copy-paste and then never again (for that mod anyway). Woot!

EDIT2: Im really excited about the upcoming version of my mod. It's going to be pretty kickass AND finally modular. :mrgreen:

Fallout1FTW said:
Sduibek said:
Fallout1FTW said:
I successfully edited FO1 critters with FO2 Mapper a while back.
I think the trick was to use CHSIZE first and then correct the PROTO ID with FUCK. After that, it worked like a charm. :)
Correct the ID? Does Fo2 use a different numbering scheme than Fo1 or something?

You need to correct the PID only if you're importing FO1 critters into FO2 mod. If you linked FO1 successfully to FO2 Mapper then I guess you don't need to do that and everything should work as intended.
If you figure it out let me know. I can edit maps to my heart's content and *CLEAR* or *ADD* items to a critter, but if I try to *MOVE* around items on a critter, the program completely crashes. I believe the same applies to trying to modify stacks of items in shelves and the like, although I haven't tried that recently.

Sduibek said:
For those of you who haven't noticed, viewing your files in Thumbnail mode (XP) or anything above Medium icons if I remember correctly (Vista/7) will show a picture of some hairy guy with glasses for Falloutw.exe

Here's some ideas of other icons to use, what do you think?

Keep Tim Cain - without him there would be no Fallout.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Cain

Sduibek said:
but if I try to *MOVE* around items on a critter, the program completely crashes. I believe the same applies to trying to modify stacks of items in shelves and the like, although I haven't tried that recently.

Is there anyway to get around this, HEX editing, etc.

Sduibek said:
Dude his face is fucking ugly though...

He's old school...

52602.jpg

Would you prefer the current look... :P

emo-boys-1.jpg

Okay see that pic is okay and groomed, the one of him in the icon looks ugly and crazy.

I don't know who the sexy girl in the second pic is, but I'd totally bang her.

Hi. ^^ First, I have to say that this is a great work you've done, I searched that for a while.

But I have a bug : when I go to the options and the "Screen" tab, and when I take the "32 bits" option, the game doesn't want to keep the "32 bits" option on, even if I launch the game again. I want to use that option because of the color issue on 7 (the "32 bits" option of the RP removed the issue for me in FO2).

I can fix the color issue in my FO1 game with this link : http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=948430

... but you have your own version of ddraw.ini in your mod, so can I use this solution without break the game ?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad english ! ^^

.Pixote. said:
Sduibek said:
but if I try to *MOVE* around items on a critter, the program completely crashes. I believe the same applies to trying to modify stacks of items in shelves and the like, although I haven't tried that recently.

Is there anyway to get around this, HEX editing, etc.
Yeah looks that way. Sweet!

http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/MAP_File_Format

Code:
0x0048 + (offset)

unsigned

Number of map objects in this object's inventory. If this is non zero, then after reading this map object, the objects in the inventory must be read. The objects in the inventory are map objects as well, and they follow this object, being preceeded by a 4 byte integer being the count of this map object in the inventory.
Code:
0x0024 + (offset)

unsigned

Unknown Flags. Collection of flags about this object.

If (flag & 0x01000000) == 1 then this item is held in the right hand
    If (flag & 0x02000000) == 1 then this item is held in the left hand
    If (flag & 0x04000000) == 1 then this armour is worn

FuryMGS said:
Hi. ^^ First, I have to say that this is a great work you've done, I searched that for a while.

But I have a bug : when I go to the options and the "Screen" tab, and when I take the "32 bits" option, the game doesn't want to keep the "32 bits" option on, even if I launch the game again. I want to use that option because of the color issue on 7 (the "32 bits" option of the RP removed the issue for me in FO2).

I can fix the color issue in my FO1 game with this link : http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=948430

... but you have your own version of ddraw.ini in your mod, so can I use this solution without break the game ?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad english ! ^^
Hey Fury,

Thanks for the kind words. I enjoy making the mod so it's always good to hear that people also enjoy playing it ;)

On the ddraw stuff, unfortunately you are correct. I was dissapointed too since it's a great fix, but I know nothing about coding dll's so I can't merge them or anything like that.

In the meantime, try these out and let me know:

http://static.macuyiko.com/files/palettestealersuspender/PalettestealerSuspender.zip

http://static.macuyiko.com/files/w7ddpatcher/w7ddpatcher.zip

Awwwww, my bad, I have forgotten something important about my problem (and no problems for the congratulations, you deserve it ! ^^).

It turns out that I saw the link in your signature before asking my question (thanks for the link, it could be useful for other games as well :D ), but as I understand what the autor of the fix said, it works only with .exe (but I could be wrong, my english isn't so good as you can see, and I'm not so good either with computers). But I run the mod with the 64-bit OS.bat because I'm on a 64 bits computer.

I already tried the first earlier, putting the path with the 64-bit OS.bat at the end, and using the "watch game" function, but that didn't do anything. I haven't tried the second link you have posted, on the other side.

I'll try again, sorry to be so annoying. ^^

Edit : I'm very, very stupid. :oops:
I didn't tried the second fix, because I didn't thought for one second that the .bat file would (logically) use the .exe to launch the game. I tried the patcher on the .exe, and it seems that works perfectly now. Thanks for your help, and for your awesome mod ! ^^

FuryMGS said:
Awwwww, my bad, I have forgotten something important about my problem (and no problems for the congratulations, you deserve it ! ^^).

It turns out that I saw the link in your signature before asking my question (thanks for the link, it could be useful for other games as well :D ), but as I understand what the autor of the fix said, it works only with .exe (but I could be wrong, my english isn't so good as you can see, and I'm not so good either with computers). But I run the mod with the 64-bit OS.bat because I'm on a 64 bits computer.

I already tried the first earlier, putting the path with the 64-bit OS.bat at the end, and using the "watch game" function, but that didn't do anything. I haven't tried the second link you have posted, on the other side.

I'll try again, sorry to be so annoying. ^^
You'll want them to point to the .exe, not the .bat -- my goal is to integrate the "color issue fix" apps into the next version of FIXT, so that all this is seamless.

Yes, I just realized that and I have edited my post while you were writing. Again, my bad. ^^

Alright, i've begun building the installer .exe for Fixt (which will allow Weapon Drop and Invasions to be optional & customizable, among other cool things)

Back