Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Oracle

Oracle Vault Senior Citizen

May 19, 2003
    accept what you apparently are looking for isn't available. weird thing is that you're like the only one having these "purist" issues with Et Tu.
    If you dislike it and want to original unchanged buggy experience, just rock the official patches. Sduibek seems to have moved on from modding FO so best to let it go now.

2. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Antediluvian as Feck
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Just don't buy any, and feel pure! :P

3. Arathos

Arathos First time out of the vault

Feb 2, 2017
    Purity! Untainted purity! :)

Anyway if one wants a "true" pure experience why not it be one with all original bugs too? For the extra nostalgia factor.

4. Aralil

Aralil First time out of the vault

Aug 10, 2022
    Thank you so very much for still keeping this up to date!! I haven't gone back to Fallout since it first came out and I am excited to play again with your work.

5. Proletären

Proletären Vault Fossil
    Staff Member Admin

Mar 15, 2012
    You should try Fallout Et tu that let's you play Fallout 1 within the engine of Fallout 2. It comes with a lot of improvements.

6. BigRedButton

BigRedButton First time out of the vault

Sep 5, 2022
    Hello,
    I am sorry to be terribly annoying, but I am having trouble locating the latest version of Fallout Fixt. Could anyone by chance be able to help out a first time Fallout fan? Thank you in advance.

7. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder Moderator

Mar 10, 2007
    Just download 0.81alpha from the links in the first post, any newer versions are solely test builds and might give you more trouble than it's worth.
    Although personally I don't recommend new players to play FO1 with FIXT, even the "fixes only/purist" version isn't really just bug fixes.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  8. Paramedic

Paramedic First time out of the vault

Oct 11, 2022
    Hi everyone

I am playing Fallout 1 with the fixt mod and really enjoying it, but I have a strange issue in the game. People in the game are disappering and reappearing when I move around in Shady sands and Vault 13(that is how far I have reached in the game). For example: If I go to a specific corner in shady sands people appear, but when I go away they disappear even though I can see the entire part of the city?

Could it because I play with the higher resolution then the original?

9. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Oct 28, 2009
    Listen man.. Fixt is considered obsolete for years now.. last major update was like 2015. the 0.81a ( and I presume that is what you're playing. If not then it's time to update) previous versions of fixt had a lot of bugs, Fixt itself still has a lot of bugs.. if you intend Your bug report to be heard out i suggest moving on to more recently developed projects which are still maintained by it's creators. Namely Fallout: Et Tu or so called "fallout 1 ported to fallout 2 engine" ( the final and never reached goal of Fallout Fixt).

10. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    The mentioned issue sounds to me like Fog of War is activated. Can't remember if that was a thing in Fo1 Sfall, though.

11. gustarballs1983

Modder

Oct 28, 2009
    Fixt's sfall nope, however Fixt used HRP v4.1.8 most recent of old times, and fog of war is actually HRP feature not sfall's if i recall right... right?

EDIT: besides that guy said he can see whole map only npc's are vanishing.. that usually happened between 6:00 and 7:00 as 6:00 is native Fo1 wake time, and 7:00 is fixt script time to set as morning, this was especially true in V13 lvl3 and possibly kids in shady sands. You fixed this bug few years back in Et Tu after shoveling the fixt coding out & replacing it with more finesse rotator's code ;)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  12. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Hm, but kids in Shady Sands should run off-map and not just toggle invisible. At least that's how I remember it right now.

13. gustarballs1983

Modder

Oct 28, 2009
    Well yes but in fixt they uset to run into map at 6:00 and blink visible/invisible between 6:00 and 7:00 as they were the critters scripted by sduibek to work at 7:00 same as appearance of lvl3 V13 citizens, they all blinked until 7:00 intil they became stabile. Anyways Long story short.. as 've said You did fix this bug a long while ago, and hence why You prolly don't remember... nothig to worry about

14. Paramedic

Oct 11, 2022
    Thanks... I did not know that....

But.. I actually just gave "Fallout Et Tu" a try, and unfortunately it is also causing problems... When I start the game it asks if I want to disable a high resolution patch by Mash? If I say "yes" it comes with a error, saying it could not disable it. The game starts, though... If I say "no" it runs without an error. I do not know why it asks me about the high resolution patch?
    When the game runs, there is no intro with the overseer talking? In shady sands all the buildings looks very strange like having graphic fault...

15. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    Either you installed your game under C:\Program Files directory or the permission to write the exe is limited.
    As for buildings look strange, make sure you install et tu correctly. It's a Fallout 2 mod that requires files from Fallout 1, if you install it on Fallout 1 game it will not work.

16. Paramedic

Oct 11, 2022
  17. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Clearly something went wrong, since your mentioned issues are indicators that Fo1 files were not installed correctly.

18. Paramedic

Oct 11, 2022
    I actually tried to install everything twice, but perhaps I should give it a third try...

19. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    You might check if your game is installed under some directories that require special permission to write/modify files.

20. Paramedic

Oct 11, 2022
    What directories could it be?

C:\Program files directory?
    Currently I have Fallout 1 i C:\Games\Fallout and Fallout 2 in C:\Program files\blackisle\Fallout2.

First time I had them both under C:\games directory and then I was not able to get the games work at all...