Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

@Tziouv and others, on some of the changes that are non-canon or whatever, making them optional will actually be very easy and probably take me less than an hour to set up.

So look forward to more of the 'unwanted' stuff being optional in v5.4 8-) This includes items with changed stats, sex with NPCs, reduced lighting in caves, and some other stuff.

killap said:
Sduibek said:
So look forward to more of the 'unwanted' stuff being optional in v5.4
Bear Dude approves. 8-)
Hug_emoticon___v2.gif

Oh, and another one I forgot to mention: multiple operations from Lori.

So awesome!
I'm in loss for words to really describe all this improvements. It will take Fallout 1 to a new level of sweetness. Also its superb to have the optional selection stuff so anyone can choose out of it.

Thanks a bunch for your hard work and dedication!

I have a problem with a game breaking crash.

The most strange thing is that the crashes appear to be generated by the radiation poisoning that my character has. after 3 rods the game crashes on the map or while waiting. It says "memory could not be read". I have FIXT installed ( i don't know if FIXT can be causing it). I'm stuck on junktown and I can't leave!, it pisses me off because this is my first time playing fallout and I was really enjoying the game!.

Mortimus said:
I have a problem with a game breaking crash.

The most strange thing is that the crashes appear to be generated by the radiation poisoning that my character has. after 3 rods the game crashes on the map or while waiting. It says "memory could not be read". I have FIXT installed ( i don't know if FIXT can be causing it). I'm stuck on junktown and I can't leave!, it pisses me off because this is my first time playing fallout and I was really enjoying the game!.
Sorry to hear it. I am not a fan of crashes either :(

I have the next version of FIXT in testing right now, and the feedback I've received so far is that it solves crashes in those areas. I'll send you a PM -- please back up your save games (DATA/SAVEGAMES and all subfolders there) or the entire Fallout FIXT folder if you prefer, and then install 5.4 on top of 5.3 -- let me know if that fixes the issue.

The discussed Potentially Unwanted Changes are now checked via global variables in my code and will be included in v5.4.

Mutated_Mark said:
So awesome!
I'm in loss for words to really describe all this improvements. It will take Fallout 1 to a new level of sweetness. Also its superb to have the optional selection stuff so anyone can choose out of it.

Thanks a bunch for your hard work and dedication!
Sweet, thanks! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Just wait until we've got it working in the Fallout 2 engine and have a loader that allows on-the-fly changes to various game settings ;)

Yeah it takes a lot of work and ridiculous number of hours, but it's also great fun 8-)

Sduibek said:
Sweet, thanks! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Just wait until we've got it working in the Fallout 2 engine and have a loader that allows on-the-fly changes to various game settings ;)

Yeah it takes a lot of work and ridiculous number of hours, but it's also great fun 8-)
Oh yeah that is something to look forward to *drools*. I'm a close to non lowlife skill modder myself on other games *smiles* so I can imagine how much time it takes and its fun and frustrating sometimes both simultaneously, but surely its very rewarding to see the results plus sharing and see some appreciation is the cherry on top I guess one can say.

I'm really happy this is such a cool community and gives plenty of love to the fallout games. Thanks again Sduibek and all the great modders out there.
:clap:

Somehow I neglected to make the NPC "use all weapons" apply to combat, power, and robes armor -- they would always be able to use all weapons, regardless of selection during install. Anyway that will be fixed in 5.4 as well.

Looking forward to playing the new version Sduibek! Started the old one on an old playthrough, and the Supermutants immediately invaded everywhere. Couldn't bring myself to finish with the bad ending, but will pick it up again soon

Chuman said:
Looking forward to playing the new version Sduibek! Started the old one on an old playthrough, and the Supermutants immediately invaded everywhere. Couldn't bring myself to finish with the bad ending, but will pick it up again soon
Sorry about the invasions, and thanks! I think this next release will be a good release.

Tziouv said:
gfx changes (e.g. Ian's pants)
Just for the record, if the player wants to enable Ian to use all weapons, the change to black pants must take place. This is because the designers of Fallout 1 never made the additional weapon animations for Blue Pants Guy. (Makes sense, why would they if he doesn't use those weapons).

So, I'm going to allow use of the blue pants in next version, because I like that look and I imagine others feel the way you do, but it will be configured and documented that if you enable all weapons for Ian, he must become Black Pants Guy. We can roleplay pretend that it's some kind of evil transformation that happens when he decides to fire anything with a trigger. Or whatever. :lol:

Sduibek said:
So, I'm going to allow use of the blue pants in next version, because I like that look and I imagine others feel the way you do, but it will be configured and documented that if you enable all weapons for Ian, he must become Black Pants Guy. We can roleplay pretend that it's some kind of evil transformation that happens when he decides to fire anything with a trigger. Or whatever. :lol:

Who knows one day someone might make a complete Ian (all attacks) with blue pants. It's a hard job, but not impossible. :wink:

@ALL:

Sorry about the delays, real life is getting in the way of fun and important things like Fallout. I don't know if I'll have a release by Jan 7th like I wanted, which saddens me.

Many thanks to TarkinMX for working on the loader for the next version of FIXT, and Nevill for doing extensive testing and bug-searching. Nevill is like the covert ops ninja of Fallout FIXT bug reports. I'm not sure if that's a good analogy but it sounds awesome.

If you're reading this and feel like helping between now and the next release, I could really use someone to go through this entire thread and add all of the bugs to the bug report wiki (see my signature). Or even just copy and paste them all into a text document so it's a list instead of pages and pages, that works too.

.Pixote. said:
After F1 is running with F2, imagine what will happen. :P
Riots? Spontaneous orgasms? World peace? Who knows, the possibilities are endles... ;) 8-)

Honestly Sduibek, take your time for this mod. It's better to publish it on february (or later) and being sure that it works than releasing it previously and not being sure of the quality...of course a company would fire me for what i just wrote, but this is one of the reasons because the world outside is falling apart.

Just finished a thoroughly enjoyable run through using FIXT 5.3 - registered especially to say thanks so much for the mod.

I noticed a couple of small issues:

14mm handgun has minimum strength set to 5 rather than 4. I fixed this myself using a hex editor so it wasn't a biggie.

In the Maripose military base I killed the Lieutenant and the countdown sequence started immediately upon his death. I looked at Per's guide afterwards as I thought this was a little odd, and sure enough, you're meant to get a key from his corpse and then enter the Vats using it.

I had a look at the bug wiki but it seems to be out of date and I don't have time to look through the whole thread to see if the above have been reported, so thought I'd just stick them in here along with my thanks :)

The mod works fairly well for me but I keep having this glitch in certain areas like shady sands and vault 15 what could be causing it?

coldroll said:
The mod works fairly well for me but I keep having this glitch in certain areas like shady sands and vault 15 what could be causing it?

This is fixed by updating to hi-res mod version 4.02

Back