Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Just want to start off by saying thank you Sduibek for picking up the reigns on making a RP for F1! I was very excited when I saw
the project go up. You can imagine how long I've stalked this place. YEARS. Anyway, I was wondering, knowing you are busy ATM
with RL, when you DO get back to Fixt, are there any content mods or just major additions you are eyeballing for Fixt? Just wondering
what we can expect from your grand return, and to get a little bit of hype started ;)

Just want to start off by saying thank you Sduibek for picking up the reigns on making a RP for F1! I was very excited when I saw
the project go up. You can imagine how long I've stalked this place. YEARS. Anyway, I was wondering, knowing you are busy ATM
with RL, when you DO get back to Fixt, are there any content mods or just major additions you are eyeballing for Fixt? Just wondering
what we can expect from your grand return, and to get a little bit of hype started ;)

Hi there! Once I'm working on it again, my main focus will be the engine conversion. :D

Last edited:
Hello, I have never finished F1, I installed it and applied your latest Fixt release, everything seems fine. I just popped in to say thanks and ask a simple question:

Why does Tandi say that noone has died from the radscorpion stings and Seth says that the radscorpions took his brother Jarvis? :confused:

Oh, also, what benefit does the F2 engine have over F1? Why is there this effort to port F1 to F2, what is the advantage?

Just finished the game all the way through. This mod is excellent. Thanks for making this.

I ran into two annoying things:

• The crack assault paladins that block the elevators in the military base. There is already a report of this in the wiki. In my case, only two of the three paladins followed me into the base. To get out, I had run through a red forcefield over and over until one of them died so I had space to get out of the elevator.
  • If you get the Followers of the Apocalypse to help you with the cathedral, you get the "Red Rider" password as well as four goons that follow you around the building, including the basement. The goons aren't very helpful, and I wanted to sneak around and they "blew my cover" so to speak. Anyway, is there a way to get the scoop from the inside woman and not the help of the four follower fighters?

Anyway, the game only crashed ONE time in my entire experience. That's p effing amazing for this game.

Last edited:
Just found this great mod, but havet one question. I have the gog version of fallout installed to C:\Games\Fallout. How do i make use of this mod?

Cheers

Just found this great mod, but havet one question. I have the gog version of fallout installed to C:\Games\Fallout. How do i make use of this mod?

Cheers

Install the game from Gog's installer.

Then install the mod in this directory when it asks, you'll have to switch it from C:\Games\Fallout to C:\GOG Games\Fallout

edit,

Something bizzare just happened, AVG threw up a red flag and wouldn't let me open the game up. I'm absolutely sure it's a false positive. Just allow the exception if you get the same thing and force close the app and re open, worked fine for me doing that

Last edited:
FO1 Encounter Tweaker doesn't seem to want to work with the current version of Fixt. I haven't updated for a very long time so not sure when the last version worked with it was... Just a heads up to whoever may be reading

Cheers

Install the game from Gog's installer.

Then install the mod in this directory when it asks, you'll have to switch it from C:\Games\Fallout to C:\GOG Games\Fallout

edit,

Something bizzare just happened, AVG threw up a red flag and wouldn't let me open the game up. I'm absolutely sure it's a false positive. Just allow the exception if you get the same thing and force close the app and re open, worked fine for me doing that

Thank you for the tip. About AVG giving red flag, they do that sometimes. That's why I moved to AVAST.

Besides those two, did you encounter any other must-reload bugs?
I have encountered a serious one. sometimes when placing items in the barter window and then cancelling barter (I ususally use esc button) thouse items may disappear. it doesn't matter, who is owner - you or npc.

I'm missing custom NPCs in my playthrough. I Can't find anywhere the Habbit women that gives you Leather Armor and a Shotgun to kill Raiders, i'm also missing Boneyard Library NPC's that are related to the spy quest. I remember both of them being recovered in the Wasteland Ghost's mod but they aren't appearing in FiXt :/

I installed full custom version from main post. I did checked for the new NPCs option. Are you guys having those NPCs and im doing something wrong with installation or is it a bug?

@xsarq They're excluded temporarily, until Fallout Fixt moves to the FO2 engine for easier implementation of the respective NPCs required for the quest.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Junktown if I go to Andrew and say "who are you?", then "what are you doing here?", then Barter, than back to Talk and then "why would you keep ppl from getting in the jail" ... he walks north to the end of the map and disappears, probably forever.

What the heck?!

EDIT: It is reported here:
http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Fixt_bug_reports
Alpha 6.7.3 Win XP. Andrew the jail guard walks away from the jail after you barter with him. This must be intentional but I don't see the logic for it.

So a named NPC disappears off the game because I pressed Barter? I'm not going to invest time to play the game in this state, I will get screwed sooner or later by some bug, hours in. Using 0.81a by the way.

Last edited:
I did the Full install, didn't do custom, so I have no idea exactly what's causing it, but the characters move way too damn fast. I thought it was cause I had Always Run on, but when I got to Shady Sands (was starting a new game after discovering Fixt) I saw that children were zipping along so fast I barely had time to see them. I'm willing to bet any other moving NPC will do the same, which is gonna make the game really hard to keep up with.

I saw earlier in this thread that someone had mentioned this back in like 2011, and there was mention of fixing it in future releases. However, using the most recent version I'm still having this problem. I think I can fix it by changing ddraw the same way it was explained there, but I thought I ought to mention that the default speed wasn't changed/fixed.

I did the Full install, didn't do custom, so I have no idea exactly what's causing it, but the characters move way too damn fast. I thought it was cause I had Always Run on, but when I got to Shady Sands (was starting a new game after discovering Fixt) I saw that children were zipping along so fast I barely had time to see them. I'm willing to bet any other moving NPC will do the same, which is gonna make the game really hard to keep up with.

I saw earlier in this thread that someone had mentioned this back in like 2011, and there was mention of fixing it in future releases. However, using the most recent version I'm still having this problem. I think I can fix it by changing ddraw the same way it was explained there, but I thought I ought to mention that the default speed wasn't changed/fixed.

Based on what you describe, changing it in ddraw.ini should fix that.

The speed at which the game runs does differ from system to system depending on various factors, so it's not possible to make everyone's setup run at a uniform speed. For me, a speed of 100 is painfully slow, so I set the default a bit higher than that.

That being said, I can add this to the troubleshooting guide. I wouldn't want to lower the default unless I get more reports for it; the goal is to have the best experience for the largest number of players.

You could try setting the process affinity to 1 through the task manager.

Yeah, the default 100 really is slow. I remember how agonizing it got in my initial playthrough years ago. Since 110 was too fast for me, I found a nice compromise was 105 or 106. I also reinstalled Fixt and went to custom and untoggled NPC Speed-up, so now the children aren't suffering from ADHD. Definitely understand about looking for the ideal setting for the majority of players.

Noob here with 2 questions: (sorry, 161 pages is a LOT to go through)

1: I've purchased the European Fallout Anthology and the discs have the German FSK 18 rating on them.
However, when I inserted the Fallout 1 disc to install, it switched over to Steam so I now have the Steam version. Would this be the German version and do I need the German Uncut patch?

2: Since you can't prevent Steam from updating the games, do these patches hold? I remember losing several Half -Life 2 patches in the past because Steam was overwriting files.

Soo...I'm hoping these forums are still read and moderately active. I have recently purchased FO1 through Steam. I have tried individually installing the patches and updates as well as using FIXT. With both methods I have been unsuccessful at using the NPC mod. PLEASE HALP!

Back