Fallout: London

I've been playing the mod in survival mode so far, I took Sleepwalker as a trait (Whenever you sleep your teleported to a random spot on the map), And am a Melee Build. So the difficulty has been raised from the get go.

The mod has been very stable for me so far, only a couple of crashes, primarily in loading screens, But I've installed Buffout 4, which is reccomended by the mod creators.

I inevitably installed a quicksave in survival mod because Bethesda's attrocious damage balancing in the gamemode, and there isn't anything to rebalance this mod yet, It has a lot of new weapons and enemies.

I say this because I've yet to explore a lot of the mods Main story.

The Worldmap is a spectacle and its fucking massive, probably the size of... far harbors map? with the density of fallout 4's boston all the way throughout, it feels massive, the actual pip boy map is very accurate and having to zoom into my pip boy map in order to get a good idea of the streets I'm going to traverse is great (I've struggled with this when playing other conversion mods in the 3d games), the primarily urban map that this mod has is one of its great strengths. So far, no settlements, I've heard you can get a couple and some player homes that can be customized using the workshop are in the mod, but I have yet to come across any, I've kept a lot of my gear within an armor workbench at the Vagabonds bar, "The Swan and Mitre". all workshop inventories you come across are safe spots to dump your stuff in the early game, since you don't have a player home, and theres plenty of tiny homes you can find in the streets with a workbench or stove, and a bed that can suffice as a good spot to stay around at.

When exploring, just like PaxVenire said, You'll find spoofs on many real life things, Vaulzon, etc, read the thread. It can be a bit annoying with how on the nose it is (Vaulzon, seriously? Give me Bawls if Vaulzon is a thing)

also this
Screenshot (4223)-min.png

there's a GOG shirt in the intro dungeon.

But (so far) they've been minor junk items, more so used for worldbuilding which I don't mind, it gives London a uniquess compared to other fallout settings, and theres other less on the nose brands. Irn Brew becomes Ion Brew, And theres some more uniqueness like in the Victoria cigarettes' brand, I'm unsure if that is also a reference to a real life brand (I'm not british)

Their replacement for the Pip-Boy, The Atta Boy is a reverse engineered pipboy made by whatever faction uses that freemasons insignia all over it

I've encountered Wild horses, packs of foxes, Radshrews, a lot of unique fauna has been included in the mod.
Screenshot (4220)-min-min.png

The voice acting can be a bit choppy at times, people were clearly hired online and did the acting in their rooms, mic quality changes between voice actor, but the dialogue itself hasn't been cringe inducing (yet, hopefully not) and I can get past non-studio quality voice acting for a mod.

The quests have been somewhat repetitive, the Vagabonds intro questline was annoying because you had to ask somebody to help you with thing, then they'd send you on a small journey, then you'd progress the questline more only to be met with having to meet another gang member and do a minor quest for them

But I've also had some interesting ones, I found a "Cutethulu" doll which ties into a questline, the more I collect of them "the more comfortable I feel", and so far its just been a misc quest in the pip boy, I also walked into a factory in the middle of a worker protest, the boss shuts it down and then hires me to assassinate the person who organized it during his "unauthorized lunch break" (-_-), like an idiot the boss goes with you, to which I then betrayed him for a better offer from the worker and unlimited dog food

Main quest so far sends you in search of a doctor to fix your body after a train crash in the beggining of the game, so your not looking for a family member again

Overall I've been enjoying the mod, its story takes itself seriously, and allows for a lot of skill checks, definetly deviated from the (Yes, No but Yes, Question, Yes but mean) dialogue that fallout 4 has. The world map is amazing, rivals fallout 76 for it's looks, but there's still a couple of floating objects, there's a whole channel they have in their discord to report it. The mod (atleast for me) has been very bug and crash free, stable as hell. Quests have been a bit repetitive so far, but the exploration needed in order to progress has been fun. The devs seem dedicated to fixing as much of the bugs as they can. I can't say much else because I already sound like a massive bawlsucker, but try it for yourself

Spent a majority of my time playing the mod the last couple of days looting a Tesco (Fesco) for hundreds of tin cans for steel in order to craft with, but I'm gonna post some other screenshots I've gotten so people can see

Slept to get rid of tiredness, woke up on the other side of the map.
Screenshot (4224)-min.png

Here's an image of the pip boy reskin the mod gives you
Screenshot (4233)-min.png

(MINOR SPOILER)

Why don't people like thamesfolk? (Fish People) I find it interesting that the thames river is so dirty it's created its own mutants, and hey, no FEV BS yet
Screenshot (4230)-min.png

So far, the game feels like Fallout 4 with way more skill checks. Story isn't the best, but the world is taken more seriously in a sense. Still a lot of world building issues. Voices aren't all too bad quality wise, but acting is sometimes flat as a board. Lots of crashes for me, something they need to sort out. Thankfully the game doesn't throw a million weapons and armors at you from the get like Fallout 4. Something I really like so far is that the main character is a blank template, so far there hasn't been any forced background and the MC is unvoiced so.. anyway. The fish people are a bit stupid, but nowhere near as stupid as the Frontier snake people. They just really have no cause for being there considering they're basically just nu-Ghouls. World map looks alright, in terms of aesthetics I can forgive the ugly Fallout 4 architecture for some buildings in London more than Boston since the map of London actually looks gothic. I've only met the Vagabonds, Themsfolk, Isle of Dogs, Jack Tars and Tommies so far. I don't like that every faction needs to resemble a theme from history rather than be their own thing. Vagabonds are meh, just wannabe Peaky Blinders, Isle of Dogs are meh, wannabe Cray twins, Tommies are silly, waltzing around in WWI uniforms in the 22nd century, and even worse for the 17th century LARPing Jack Tars. There's something I hate seeing in mods projects like this and that's real modern world parodying. There's quite a few, actually. There's Vaulzon, which is a lazy and on-the-nose reference to Amazon, there's Fesco which is just a lazy and on-the-nose reference to Tesco, and there's Play Foundry which is a lazy and on-the-nose reference to Games Workshop. I can't stand when mod projects insert shit like that, and I get Nuka Cola is literally just a lazy Coke reference, but that wasn't even a big aspect of Fallout until Bethesda started jerking Nuka Cola off like it was a staple of the franchise. But I digress. Not the best, not the worst. I'm having fun with it. Nuff said.
Progressed more into the story. The sheer amount of assets and animations put into this mod is kinda insane. The story has gotten a bit better, the mystery of the Wayfarer is intriguing. My criticism of the faction designs above is still valid but I'm happy to say the factions aren't one-note jokes who beat their theme over your head. I wouldn't say they're as good as the Kings, but they're treated like the Kings rather than the Atom Cats so that is wonderful to see. The shining cherry so far for me is Westminster. I am floored with this district of London, it's amazing.

So no deviant bullshit hasn't been found? No sex with deathclaws? No literal references to memes and other games? No shot for shot recreation of scenes from other games and movies?

Also, damn The Frontier mod came out like three years and half years ago. And still hasn't got that promised overhaul.

So no deviant bullshit hasn't been found? No sex with deathclaws? No literal references to memes and other games? No shot for shot recreation of scenes from other games and movies?

Also, damn The Frontier mod came out like three years and half years ago. And still hasn't got that promised overhaul.
What? A Fallout Modding Team that actually created a good overhaul mod without putting their political bias & sex kinks into it? WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT!

:-o ;-)

But in all seriousness dang, it's already been 3 years since The Frontier was released? Time flies man, time sure does flies.

No literal references to memes
There is references to memes, I came across a boat named the Big Chungus and rolled my eyes.

So no deviant bullshit hasn't been found? No sex with deathclaws? No shot for shot recreation of scenes from other games and movies?
None so far surprisingly. I thought for sure the Vagabond (Peaky Blinders) faction would have cheap moments where scenes from the show are directly pulled, but as I said they treat their factions seriously. This mod has been fairly original in terms of it's story. A bit cliche maybe, but original.

I'm fairly certain that promised overhaul got canned a long time ago.

Still have the release day version downloaded on my pc, but have yet to play it. Probably never will.
Found out later they removed a lot of the deviant stuff, like the deathclussy in later updates.

Found out later they removed a lot of the deviant stuff, like the deathclussy in later updates.
There was an huge controversy about one of the the devs being a pedo and that a lot of the horny content came from them. And yeah, the mod is pretty much dead since the last update was like january of 2022.

I wouldn't be surprised if the devs of Fallout London saw the backlash to The Frontier and tried their hardest to avoid any of the pitfalls that mod had. God knows we didn't need yet another catastrophe like that one and this is coming from someone that likes a trainwreck and all the circus that comes around it.

There was an huge controversy about one of the the devs being a pedo and that a lot of the horny content came from them. And yeah, the mod is pretty much dead since the last update was like january of 2022.
Right, I remember that. The cut content section is a good third of America's page word count. I don't particularly appreciate throwing around the word degenerate, but the responsible dev is a sick degenerate. It reeks of fetish and self-insert dreams.

I wouldn't be surprised if the devs of Fallout London saw the backlash to The Frontier and tried their hardest to avoid any of the pitfalls that mod had. God knows we didn't need yet another catastrophe like that one and this is coming from someone that likes a trainwreck and all the circus that comes around it.
Adding memes is a fantastic way of dating a game and making it age terribly. I'm Looking at you Borderlands 3. At least FL looks like a true passion project made with care. The modding community is slowly chugging along despite the lacklustre care from Bethesda. We won't see a new Fallout game in at least 8-10 years. Lord knows what condition that game will be in.

I'm Looking at you Borderlands 3.
Borderlands humor in general is really dated. The only one with the least amount of dated humor is the first game and that's only the base game.

I don't mind "cute" references, like "i see what you did there" type. What i don't like are the ones that the game tries its hardest to bring attention to it, to the point of being really annoying.

I downloaded the downloader, but somehow when I ran the installer using Wine emulator the ".local" folder that eventually leads to the Steam folder, the .local folder doesn't show up. It seems to be hidden.

I've been playing it and the worst I've seen for literal memes is one of the presets being Norf F.C. and a random boat on the map being named "Big Chungus" honestly that's as bad as it gets. Its only up from there.

vlcsnap-2024-07-26-08h00m39s316.png
Screenshot 2024-07-31 19-50-41.png

It isn't flawless.
Screenshot (4219)-min-min.png

But its definetly not shit

Honestly since the Mod doesn't have any Bawls Guarana in it, it's been a huge detractor, but....

It's been a rough going in london, my character has grown an addiction to many drugs in order to deal with some of the early game bullshit in fallout 4 survival, I've been able to get across the thames and further explore the main story, Interesting conspiracy plot.

Best part of the mod so far has been exploring london for supplies in order to keep myself alive, Been getting a lot of good endgame scrap along the way too. a recent bossfight took up all of my ammo though

Screenshot (4260)-min.png

A vendor sells a miracle drug that cures all addictions (insanely better than addictol, Haven't even been able to find any of that) so I've been grinding capital (700 tickets) in order to buy that, but I also want to get a settlement to provide a stable supply of food and water, easier said than done. A quest I did for a player home is bugged and doesn't currently have a workaround so I spent a lot of resources for nothing : /. But I also ended up getting a legendary drop for an armor piece that reduces V.A.T.S AP cost, so I atleast feel compensated for my efforts. My next plan of action now that im sitting around 500 tickets is to try my hand at obtaining another settlement, so I can hopefully keep my stats up for the rest of my playthrough. I can also craft antibiotics at my next level to cure any diseases I get.

Some Screenshots Below, Possible Spoilers if you care enough but aren't playing the mod

Screenshot (4254)-min.png
Screenshot (4258)-min.png
Screenshot (4263)-min.png
Screenshot (4262)-min.png
Screenshot (4251)-min.png

I've been enjoying this mod a lot more than Fallout: New California. It has a far better sense of exploration than that mod. And it also provides unique story interactions, the variety is a lot more spread out though

The character definetly has more freedom in the story compared to fallout 4's base game, and thats thankfully because we aren't stuck to the basic fallout 4 dialogue system

Watched a ranged weapons video
Anyone got a favorite; style, acquisitions, or story?
One of my favorite aspects have been the weird fish mutants, The Thamesfolk, their community is interesting. I wish, or hope I get a more deep look into their culture in the future of the game. but it doesn't seem like it

There's also been some neat worldbuilding

Fallout: New California
Is the player character an actual brand new character with no ties to any other game in Fallout London? Because one thing i hated about New California is that it tacked on a bunch of backstory to The Courier from New Vegas.

As much as i dislike the Fallouts from Bethesda, at least they had the restraint to not add a bunch of unnecessary backstory to the protagonists of Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas.

Is the player character an actual brand new character with no ties to any other game in Fallout London? Because one thing i hated about New California is that it tacked on a bunch of backstory to The Courier from New Vegas.

As much as i dislike the Fallouts from Bethesda, at least they had the restraint to not add a bunch of unnecessary backstory to the protagonists of Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas.
Yes, the main character has no ties to the official games.

Spoiler for anyone playing or don't wanna know the ending:
The main character is actually a clone of the main antagonist.

Back