Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Nevada (extended)

I don't think we have to do anything complicated. If we just remove Fallout2.exe from the download, then everything should be fine.

We'll have to keep master.dat and critters.dat, as both of those have been changed.
Yes. Though later you could just ship the difference between your files and the original ones, then force sfall to load your *.dat instead of original US patch. Extracting tens of thousands of small files is a chore.

Also guys, think of Linux players - keep all filenames in the same case as Fallout engine: upper. Thanks.

Cooltist is it OK, that I left the translation patch at least? Or I have to shut it down too for now?
I'm not a lawyer - do what you think. But I see the translation patch installer has NevadaHD inside, which is a Fallout2.exe copy. Can you make a separate download just with text files to be translated? Maybe pack it together with script sources. The installer also contains DirectX - it is necessary? I don't think so.

Now let me finish that bug report...

Ok Pyran agreed to make the mod... Best of luck to him.
Let's get back to our schedule people, only that we don't have the game right now, so hold on your copies, back them up if needed.

Ok people I have strong suspicion we have miscommunication in our team... Pyran seems to changed the folder structure which can't be correct since Fallout Nevada makes one by itself automatically. I repeat once more for a hundredth time its should be V.102 HD... Not 0.99 Not 1.02(15)!!!

Yes, all you need is the version that is on NMA. http://www.nma-fallout.com/resources/fallout-nevada-v1-02.74/

I'm hyped as hell to play it but I get: You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action when I try the link :/
Am I missing something?

I'm hyped as hell to play it but I get: You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action when I try the link :/
Am I missing something?
Possible copyright issues, don't worry we will get it back, sooner or later you all will get your hands on the mod in English.

Yeah, just great. Thank you very much Cooltist, there is no dowload option here now. Look what have you done :ugly:Thank you very much.

@Dionis

Maybe you could ask @_Pyran_ to upload mod with latest translation for others who would like to play on ru tracker
Don't worry, I think about getting the project back to public access every minute, I will talk to the devs and see what is going on.

Just publish here all fixes and translation what you've done without core of game + give to people link to original source of mod on main russian site. And thats all. Leave copyright issues connected to this mod where are they since 2015 - in hands of Nevada developers.

Just publish here all fixes and translation what you've done without core of game + give to people link to original source of mod on main russian site. And thats all. Leave copyright issues connected to this mod where are they since 2015 - in hands of Nevada developers.
They have different version of the mod, incompatible with ours, sadly, thats why I uploaded it here. So you have the right translation for the right game.

Would elaborate how and why incompatible it is? Because what Fat Luke said is the most common sense approach. If you were just translating, then all we need is a 3Mb-long zip file with the *msg files. Having a full legal installer here is good too - the original site and it's derivative content may go down any minute.

Yeah, just great. Thank you very much Cooltist, there is no dowload option here now. Look what have you done :ugly:Thank you very much.
At your service. How long does it take to just re-pack the whole thing without executables, anyway? This is their chance to release the core mod and current translation in one, working piece (just zip it for now) instead of two installers with unreadable interface.

@Dionis Mod main site contain version 1.0 + patch 02. I installed your translation and fixes on it and played without problems. And no, you no need new nevadahd.exe.

Nevada 1.0 with sfall 3.6. It is main installation + 02 patch (no idea why on main screen is 1.0 not 1.02) + HRPatch by Drobovik. All downloaded from mod site.
I dropped into it folders: data, appearance and master.dat maked by you and everything works ok.

But well, if you want for all cost make one big updated pack including mod, fixes and translation what is not bad idea then just ask Nevada devs if they can publish it on their site or forum. It is most easy way. On NMA you can post later only translation updates.

Last edited:
Nevada 1.0 with sfall 3.6. It is main installation + 02 patch (no idea why on main screen is 1.0 not 1.02) + HRPatch by Drobovik. All downloaded from mod site.
I dropped into it folders: data, appearance and master.dat maked by you and everything works ok.

But well, if you want for all cost make one big updated pack including mod, fixes and translation what is not bad idea then just ask Nevada devs if they can publish it on their site or forum. It is most easy way. On NMA you can post later only translation updates.
I will keep that in mind, next time we try to post any links.

To be honest i think the copyright issue is well a none issue. i seem to remember another mod for tactics that was a stand alone, i believe the author even asked beth if he could release it as a stand alone and they said it was fine so long as it was free and he wasn't making any money off of it.

Here it is:
http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/the-sum-complete.203794/
Wow, I just seen your reply, that's quite interesting, and helpful in our situation, we never got any money for anything too, it was a passion project not a job. Plus we don't brake any law according to what this modder is saying, everything is legal. As long as the team isn't making any money of this it's ok. I will double check everything to be sure.

Copyright Nazi Trolls?

This is Russia! I seriously doubt any of them is going to bother going through Russian law. You guys should be quite safe unlike EU and USA moders.

OK, I will make a patch that contains just text files, no installer, nothing executable. Just smg and graphics that we translated. When we finish the files that are still in Russian people found through their playthrough. I will post it in the patches category. But there won't be many updates before the project is finished (I mean the editing part), I just spoke to other team members and that's what we decided to do

Back