Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Nevada (extended)

Hi guys,

I have two questions:

1. How do I get to work for the Mayor and/or Striker in Reno? Both of them want recommendations, but I don't know who I have to ask for one.
2. I found a note in hawthorn written by someone named "Robert Gates". I am supposed to bring it to his family in Reno. Does anybody know where I can find them?

Thanks!

Если будете всех сдавать генералу, то Ветер войны скорее всего будет ждать плохая концовка.
What is the meaning of this? Russian walkthrough is confusing sometimes.
It's about the items you can collect in Hawthorne for the general in Wind of War. By handing over all or just a selection of the items, you can influence the ending slide for that area.

Hi guys,

I have two questions:

1. How do I get to work for the Mayor and/or Striker in Reno? Both of them want recommendations, but I don't know who I have to ask for one.
2. I found a note in hawthorn written by someone named "Robert Gates". I am supposed to bring it to his family in Reno. Does anybody know where I can find them?

Thanks!
1. Work for Wright, Luciano or for Bertolini. You need to be either lvl 7, a boxer or have some fame in the slums.
2. In the Reno slums, on the map where you enter the city for the first time.

Last edited:
Если будете всех сдавать генералу, то Ветер войны скорее всего будет ждать плохая концовка.
What is the meaning of this? Russian walkthrough is confusing sometimes.
If you constantly complain about the military.

I'm pretty sure it's something in the scripts. You could try install the game from my installer above and use the master.dat file instead of a folder, or just download the clean russian one, find folder /scripts in master.dat and replace your files with that. Hope that helps.
I have tried to replace the scripts and no luck. How i install your files? Thak you

I guess I messed things up...

I killed Luciano's slaves on that eldorado quest. But I did it before finding the workers for uranium city. Now I can't buy the administrator from Machete, I bought him but he didn't spawn in the paddock.
Now I can't complete the quest for uranium city mine, right?

I have got another question: The russian walkthrough ofter talks about turning on the radio. How does this work? I have found a radio, but it is broken and I cannot do anything with it.

I have got another question: The russian walkthrough ofter talks about turning on the radio. How does this work? I have found a radio, but it is broken and I cannot do anything with it.

Repair it on the workbench (using scrap if I remember correctly). You can also get a working one by finding Milo the mailman for Black Rock.

You use it in your hands (equip it like a weapon).

Fallout: Nevada is throwing me an "error initializing video mode" message whenever I try to launch it. I've got the Steam edition of Fallout 2 installed and I'm on a Windows 10. Anyone know what I can do?

There's two quests in New Reno that I can't seem to figure out.

1. What do I do about the food supply quest from Luciano's administrator? There's no dialogue options from Stryker or Thompson about it.
2. Where is Terry Devero's son? I've already given the guard alcohol and taken the key from him, but Terry won't come with me until I make sure his family is safe too.

Also, another question: Ornett and Charles won't talk to me and so I can't start a band with them for the Cotton Club. However, the guy who owns the club mentioned something about my charisma (which is 6) and so maybe the quest never started? Thanks.

1. What do I do about the food supply quest from Luciano's administrator? There's no dialogue options from Stryker or Thompson about it.

Thompson has a log book in his bunker, it lies on a desk in one of the rooms where gunsmith and injured militia guy stay.
Stryker has a computer in the room next to his.
2. Where is Terry Devero's son? I've already given the guard alcohol and taken the key from him, but Terry won't come with me until I make sure his family is safe too.

You need to open the back door, then ask Terry to follow you outside. Make sure you aren't seen by Stryker's men.

Also, another question: Ornett and Charles won't talk to me and so I can't start a band with them for the Cotton Club. However, the guy who owns the club mentioned something about my charisma (which is 6) and so maybe the quest never started? Thanks.

I don't know what is minimal Charisma to start the quest, but you could try using two doses of Mentats, as I've started the quest with 8 Charisma.

Thompson has a log book in his bunker, it lies on a desk in one of the rooms where gunsmith and injured militia guy stay.
Stryker has a computer in the room next to his.

You need to open the back door, then ask Terry to follow you outside. Make sure you aren't seen by Stryker's men.

I don't know what is minimal Charisma to start the quest, but you could try using two doses of Mentats, as I've started the quest with 8 Charisma.
Ah, not sure how I missed those. Thanks!

Sorry for doubleposting, but a new problem has arisen.

I'm trying to complete the quest from Big Louis on killing Solomon, and got directed to Stryker's base to talk to Driver. The problem is that for some reason, Stryker's men are now hostile. I assume that this happened either when I completed a Luciano quest about the gang warfare, or when I saved the Deveros. Is there any way around this, or have I failed the quest?

Sorry for doubleposting, but a new problem has arisen.

I'm trying to complete the quest from Big Louis on killing Solomon, and got directed to Stryker's base to talk to Driver. The problem is that for some reason, Stryker's men are now hostile. I assume that this happened either when I completed a Luciano quest about the gang warfare, or when I saved the Deveros. Is there any way around this, or have I failed the quest?

It's for saving Deveros. If you have 10 Intelligence you can recognise him when you talk to him (he's a guy in the jacket in building behind Desperado). You could use some Mentats if you don't have enough.

Second option is having high doctor and diagnosing one of the slum dwellers with a brain tumor (he lives with two kids that fight over a game). Then you can ask him about his doctor and he'll point you to Solomon.

Hey Guys i have two problems with this mod, unfortunately...the game closes when I die, goes to the windows. When I load the latest save, it shows aplication error, and closing the game ... I can not continue playing the game closes after a few seconds with this error, music is replaying the last 3 seconds and when i click on ok it shuts. How Can i Fix this?

Ok it,s good after i escape to other location. But when I die game is closing

Attachments

• 2018-10-26.png
    2018-10-26.png
    162.8 KB · Views: 725
Last edited:
Hey Guys i have two problems with this mod, unfortunately...the game closes when I die, goes to the windows. When I load the latest save, it shows aplication error, and closing the game ... I can not continue playing the game closes after a few seconds with this error, music is replaying the last 3 seconds and when i click on ok it shuts. How Can i Fix this?
Ok it,s good after i escape to other location. But when I die game is closing
This is a bug of the original game. Unzip in the game folder, should help with the crashes after death.
ONLY ORIGINAL (fixed in Crazy Edition): https://yadi.sk/d/eLloGrTxukNZ2g

Last edited:
Does “enddeath” have to replace enddeath in “C:Games/Fallout Nevada/master.dat/data”?

Or do I just unzip it into the game folder and create a new enddeath under: “fix_death_original_nevada/data/data/enddeath” in C:Games/Fallout Nevada?

i.e. is it possible that “data/data” is from Crazy Edition and in vanilla Nevada it needs to be “master.dat/data”?

P.S. @Foxx: You deserve a medal for all these fixes of Nevada.

Does “enddeath” have to replace enddeath in “C:Games/Fallout Nevada/master.dat/data”?
Or do I just unzip it into the game folder and create a new enddeath under: “fix_death_original_nevada/data/data/enddeath” in C:Games/Fallout Nevada?
i.e. is it possible that “data/data” is from Crazy Edition and in vanilla Nevada it needs to be “master.dat/data”?
You can just unzip the file in the folder with the game. The DATA folder has the highest priority. The file can be located in data/data/enddeath.txt

Last edited:
So, I have reached the end of this great mod. However, I get absolutely destroyed by the endboss and his army of clones. I am level 17, have the power armor and a laser rifle with 110% energy weapons. I just take way too much damage. So, I can only finish the game by cooperating with him. Is this normal? What can I do to actually beat him? I don't have a lot of open quests left.
Also, I am very confused about the story. Is there a summary available somewhere?
Who exactly is the soul reaper?
What is the device?
What is Jay's part in all this?
How did Jay get me in the first place? I know he used me to get at the device, but why did he even try it?
How does any of this tie into Fallout 1?

Back