Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Nevada (extended)

Hello :-)

I finished the game and I must say it is great mod a I am thankful for huge amount of work developers done. I am also thankful for English translation so my gratitude goes to everyone who contributed. Btw sorry for my English, I am not native speaker so I am not sure if I wrote it grammatically correct.

In my option the main story is weakest part of the game. Far more I enjoyed New Reno quests, also Las Vegas and SLC are full of details. It was really fun to found out who stole brahmin in Black Rock. I spend so much time trying to speak with everyone in Black Rock and solve it by classic way, then I noticed that developers were really creative and you need to look better around. This also helped later to found alternative ways in Hawthorne base. And you can use lighter to burn I won´t tell what. I played without looking for solution here or in other forums and sometimes it was hard to continue in the game. Still I was able to finish it. I really like Fallout, played F1 a F2 many times and I also played Fallout Resurrection. I think, this mod is hard, really hard and I many times have to load old save and I try again whole location. Still I really enjoyed every moment.

Some people here wrote they don´t understand main plot. I think, that main plot is quite clear and you can found all answers who are you, for what is stolen device, what is true purpose of Vault 8 and who is Soul Reaper. But it is sometimes illogical. Why you can´t install the device in the moment you came back from Hawthorne? For me it is where good part of plot end. You could protect your Vault before ongoing events. Also it is illogical that overseer is bait, but he is taken in GV where he is out of your reach. Soul Reaper can just jump you anywhere. Whole GV part make no sense for me. At least there should be Soul Reaper lab with clones, not just empty Vault with crazy head. I didn´t found out if you can save Overseer. (can you make him conscious again?)

Also I think Soul Reaper if overpowered due his regeneration and I was able to kill him only by save load tactic. This is really shameful and I normally don´t load every time I step on trap, fail stealing etc I prefer true role play. I thought he can regen only like two or three times but he regen himself endlessly. I am not sure why devs wanted him unkillable.

Still major part of the game (side quest, locations, items) are great and I like it. I am nostalgic now. I don´t speak Russian so at least I hope the devs of this mod lurk sometimes here and will read this. You make old Fallout lover happy.

Last note: I was not able to obtain the car. I found it, I found missing part. But no NPC speak about it and only way how to get it was kill the mechanic and take it. I feel I missed something.

Last note: I was not able to obtain the car. I found it, I found missing part. But no NPC speak about it and only way how to get it was kill the mechanic and take it. I feel I missed something.

I recently was at that part. I think this questline is only triggered when you are at the third map of Winds of War and hear car sounds when you are at the bottom left corner. When they occur I can't tell you.

You go to the techie and then bring up that you heard sounds of a car engine.

As for the main plotline being rather disappointing, yeah I feel the same. Fallout 1 and 2 this ain't.
It is still a very impressive project but I do hope the developers have learned from this and recognized their mistakes and prevent these from happening in Fallout Sonora.

Also, so I wasn't the only one who found this game rather unusual hard sometimes.

,,Tears" or ,,years"?

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    328 KB · Views: 605
Oh crap I forgot about some of the flaws I encountered.

In some conversations I sometimes see "error" as one of the responses instead of any sentence or line.

I recently was at that part. I think this questline is only triggered when you are at the third map of Winds of War and hear car sounds when you are at the bottom left corner. When they occur I can't tell you.

You go to the techie and then bring up that you heard sounds of a car engine.
I think obtaining the car is rather convoluted. I did use a guide and still couldn't figure it out (bad sign).

I don't know if hearing the sounds is an option (?), but what I eventually figured out is that it requires dialogue with a nondescript default NPC. The dialogue line itself is then hidden behind a „standard question“ and has a requirement to become visible.

I believe it's the WW „caravan master“ of which there is one in every city, the question is „about the city“ and with 45% speech the line „rotary friend“ appears, which allows to approach Anders or the bloke in the tents (I think).

It's „no hand holding“ gone hardcore.

There is a lot of cool stuff. For example I really liked the mechanic that stealing an item results into a reaction/consequence (fun options). But sometimes it misses the mark and becomes struggling with the controls, rather than the game. Alternative solutions like blowing up the Radscorpion Cave in FO1 is something that can be hidden, but hiding the main solution is not so good (like finding the cave). Well, you could say that the car is a bonus, but the way it is accessed reminds me more of the initial exit (first time ever I had to manipulate a VDU-monitor in a Fallout game, I think), and could be smother or done differently.

Forgot all about that caravan master near the world entrance. Yes you need to talk with him first, he will bring up that the techie was working on a car but did not keep his end of the bargain.

I think then the "sound" trigger follows up.

I just wanted to share here how truly thankful I am to the creators of Nevada and to the translators and Crazy Edition.
I've been lurking here since before either of my children were born (who are teenagers now..) and have never felt the need to share any of my opinions and most of the questions I've had were answered, but for the first time I was so impressed with the work of other fans clearly more passionate about the original games than I that I absolutely had to express my gratitude, which is sincere and heartfelt.
I've only put around 10 hours into the mod so far, the last I heard about the project was back before the English translating apparently really took off, but it has brought back that feeling of wonder and curiosity that I have not felt since playing Fallout 2 for the first time as a 13 year old (I'm 33 year now) and I've been practically ecstatic as I experience this as a new adventure in my favorite series.
I'm of course extremely late to the party but if there remains anything to which I could contribute in any way I would be honored to try.

I think obtaining the car is rather convoluted. I did use a guide and still couldn't figure it out (bad sign).

I don't know if hearing the sounds is an option (?), but what I eventually figured out is that it requires dialogue with a nondescript default NPC. The dialogue line itself is then hidden behind a „standard question“ and has a requirement to become visible.

The Dutch Ghost is right. As he said I entered WoW camp and go down left where are childrens. When my character was passing around kitchen he stoped and got green text over head "what is that sound" or something like that. Then I could ask the mechanic about the sound. I did not talk with caravan master in WoW. But I remember I talked to Tuco in New Reno and he hinted me about rumors about car.

Btw is Mormom´s library in SLC? The bookkepeer speak about mormons and their library in north part of SLC but I didn´t found out no more location than bussines square, factory, lake, residental area and train station.

Btw is Mormom´s library in SLC? The bookkepeer speak about mormons and their library in north part of SLC but I didn´t found out no more location than bussines square, factory, lake, residental area and train station.
cut out
more:

Hello there fellow dwellers. Hardcore original Fallout fan here, never felt the need to register to this legendary site, until now, just to express my gratitude.

Just wanted to thank you all for your amazing voluntary effort (especially you Dionis for stepping forward and igniting the spark) for making this gem available for the rest of the world. Thank you for keeping this legendary game alive. No one knows how amazing it feels, to know that a good old Fallout experience is waiting you at home, with new content you've never seen before, more than us.

War never changes, so does the "original" Fallout community. Stays just as amazing as they've always been, no matter how many years pass. Greetings from Turkey!

Last edited:
No one knows how amazing it feels, to know that a good old Fallout experience is waiting you at home, with new content you've never seen before, more than us.

Exactly! The experience continues to impress and amaze me as it goes on, I just got to New Reno last night and was walking around 'interviewing' people to see from what angle I want to try pushing my way in to becoming involved. The amount of things this game introduces is incredible, like crafting and workbench upgrading, using traps and the whistle for hunting, these are absolutely ingenious additions. But by far my favorite is the manner of the implementation of skill checks, in conjunction with the 'Hints' perk; it has added an entire dimension to the game which has surpassed all of my expectations; I particularly like how factors such as age, gender and reputation are deciding factors in whether or not you are able to get information out of somebody, or be considered a potential employee, &c.

I was content to just play a total conversion mod with it's own story and side quests within the framework of the original games presentation, but the cutscene videos, the new art assets, the new weapons and other items, perks, systems &c have seriously blown me away, I couldn't have imagined that the mod was this creative and massive.

Knowing that I have this new Fallout adventure to return to after work is blissful, I'm really in love with this mod. My gratitude is immense, I could hug everybody responsible for bringing this to us, it is a marvel and I am often astonished by the creative passion which went into making it. And I can't forget to mention the soundtrack, some of the tracks are perfect and easily fit in place between the original ambient songs. In nearly every regard it is impressive and I can already see how deep the replay value here is.

One aspect of the Fallout series which I'd always wanted to see explored further was that of the various tribes, and I'm so glad that this was not a neglected element here. We got to discover some new interesting lore about tribes in New Vegas with the background of Caesar and his Legion, the discussions you can encounter of the anthropological approach to the tribal culture and languages within the Followers of the Apocalypse, and with the DLC that took us to Utah, and I've always wanted to have more interaction with the tribal peoples.

Fallout Nevada special encounter which I found disappear from the map. When I find a green circle and when I leave the place, the green circle is no longer on the map (after the first stop somewhere and again seeing the map). It only happened to me at this place.

Attachments

• Dear John.png
    Dear John.png
    193 KB · Views: 589
Sometimes some special encounters are shown to me as a green circle (when I find them), and sometimes the same special encounters are shown as a red circle with a picture of lightning and can no longer be seen on the map when I leave them.
I think I have found some minor mistakes in the text, but since I do not know very well English it may be my fault...

Attachments

• Example.png
    Example.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 579
  • Fro or from.png
    Fro or from.png
    183.6 KB · Views: 584
  • I can not walk down this ladder.png
    I can not walk down this ladder.png
    104.1 KB · Views: 542
  • Not translated into English.png
    Not translated into English.png
    184.5 KB · Views: 560
  • Surprise.png
    Surprise.png
    183.6 KB · Views: 618
  • The.png
    The.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 519
Fallout Nevada special encounter which I found disappear from the map. When I find a green circle and when I leave the place, the green circle is no longer on the map (after the first stop somewhere and again seeing the map). It only happened to me at this place.
Sorry, but no one else corrects mistakes. The game was abandoned in 2015. Fixed version, only Crazy Edition, but it is not currently supported.

Hello! I have big problem with completing "Total recall". I have contacted motorcyclists and went to Hawthorne where I was supposed to receive message from Jay Kukish. There is no way to receive it - I have looted whole area and nothing. Help, please!

Hello! I have big problem with completing "Total recall". I have contacted motorcyclists and went to Hawthorne where I was supposed to receive message from Jay Kukish. There is no way to receive it - I have looted whole area and nothing. Help, please!
You must have missed something while reading.
In order to meet jay kukish first you need to get to certain computer in bunker under new reno. Then meet up with biker/"motorcyclists" (lol) gang in person in a small sinkhole/backwater village (visible on the map after you contact bikers/"motorcyclists" (lol really?) via New Reno bunker) however i forgot the name of it (it's close to Hawthorne and New Reno) after speaking with only biker/"mo-tor-cy-clist" that goes into conversation and asking abot jay go to hawthorne and run around a bit. You should get a notification message (in the message window that you have a message from jay in your pipboy). Open up Pipboy and find and read the message. proceed with the task he ordered and that's how you meet'em. Just make sure You haven't sold the signal jammer from v9 hangar to some vendor in wich case you'll need to buy it back.

Long story short meet up with bikers in person in that village before you get a chance to meet jay.

There I hope You're spoonfed now as i couldn't be more in detail in this matter.

Last edited:
Back