Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Nevada (extended)

I think i am close to have hexausted the content of New reno and the surrounding areas.
The npc tell me that Las Vegas and Salt City are the other big cities, but they don't tell me which city i should go next.
Which of those two makes the most sense storywise or difficultywise ? Does it actually matter ?

Las Vegas is close to Winds of War so you can complete both. On the other hand you can get discounts for Nevada Express in SLC, which makes travel easier.
Though
you can get a car at Winds of War[\spoiler]

Same way as for airvent Pass the time in pipboy until htey go to sleep go into sneak mode sneak inside and use item from backpack on the desk. cursor in hand icon left click and hold on the desk until menu pops up and choose backpack icon.

Thank you, the sneaky way worked! At air vent i did not sneaking, you can simply walk through the door daylight, using the good old combat mode trick! :-) It worked in Fallout 2 too, in Vault City you can enter the Vault in combat mode, without being citizen :-)

I have a problem with another quest.
SPOILERS maybe

In Uranium city, quest is to kill the mutants at the mine. I killed all the rats down, found 3 dinamytes in a room after lockpicking. Nelson says I can use dinamytes to make noise to lure mutants up. But how? Nothing happens when I throw them. The mutants are not the rats down there? Quest is not finished after i killed the rats.

Talk to the chinese people. They will mention some cans that make noises.
Loot their funitures and you will find the cans.
On the map before the caves, you will find a signpost in which you can use the cans on.
Click on the signpost to make noise, then run in circle in the area south of the signpost.
(it took me a while. Dunno exactly which hex trigger the beasts)
At some point, dragon hearth should spawn from underground.
They are though creatures, but you can always go leave the place to rest.
Once you killed three of them, or got a message from your log, talk to Marylin or the others won't know.
(it is likely that the three mutants won't appear at once. If not, kill the first one and repeat the ritual.)

If you have good Speech or Barter you can buy a brahmin from Chinese couple and stuff her with explosives to kill all three without a problem.

Thanks for the tips. Those Earth Dragons are very brutal, can't beat them, maybe i will come back here later (i am level 7). Barter and speech are very low, I am very good at Small Guns, Lockpick, Repair, Science.

Thanks for the tips. Those Earth Dragons are very brutal, can't beat them, maybe i will come back here later (i am level 7). Barter and speech are very low, I am very good at Small Guns, Lockpick, Repair, Science.
In Crazy edition I could not beat them at all cause i took Fast Shot and Big Guns (there are hardly any).

SPOILERS

How can i get the car in Winds of War? It needs fuel cell regulator, where can i find it? Is there a peaceful way to get the car? I had to kill the merchants to get into the garage, but i loaded the savegame, it would bette not to kill them

SPOILERS

How can i get the car in Winds of War? It needs fuel cell regulator, where can i find it? Is there a peaceful way to get the car? I had to kill the merchants to get into the garage, but i loaded the savegame, it would bette not to kill them
Fuel Cell Regulator is hard to find, Look in Poseidon Oil near Vault City.

So is there a Non crazy edition where the quests are doable at a lower level? I been wandering the wastes for maybe 12 hrs just fighting critters to level up and collect resources to buy ammo. Am at level 9 now.. Still struggling with the Army base hawthorne and it feels like I should be Level 12 to be do able to do without constant savegame reboots. But I was cued to go there when i was level 2... and now that I am level 9 I am giving it a shot.. but its a lot of savegame reboots and still not complete

In Crazy edition I could not beat them at all cause i took Fast Shot and Big Guns (there are hardly any).
In Crazy Edition the earth dragon was not edited, it is original. This is a strong opponent, each dragon 300 HP

SPOILERS

Hint: one of the caravan drivers (Bobby I think is his name) is playing with a special stone. When you buy it from him and ask quartermaster about it he desperately wants to buy it from you.

So is there a Non crazy edition where the quests are doable at a lower level? I been wandering the wastes for maybe 12 hrs just fighting critters to level up and collect resources to buy ammo. Am at level 9 now.. Still struggling with the Army base hawthorne and it feels like I should be Level 12 to be do able to do without constant savegame reboots. But I was cued to go there when i was level 2... and now that I am level 9 I am giving it a shot.. but its a lot of savegame reboots and still not complete

If you meet Big Louis his first quest is infiltrating Hawthorne. He sends his two goons along with you so it's a bit easier. Also if you have Repair/ Science you can turn off most of the turrets.

I am at poseidon oil but can't find the fuel cell regulator, where is it? At junkyard there is a garage but cannot opened with lockpick or dynamite. There is a crane with no chain but can't find the chain.

SPOILERS

Get Fuel cel Controller first (info in spoiler below). In winds of war there are certain 2 stones you need to aquire before getting to the car. First one is owned by a certain dude in bar area. you must buy it from him (it's around 200$). Don't show the stone to car owner he knows of it's origins and will want to buy it off from you. Instead of selling go get the second one. Second symbol is at the other end of the barracks at the garisson map (you need to go through inspection and leave all drugs before you may enter that map). You must sneak when going into barracks. if you're spotted they throw you outside. if Soldiers spot you 3 times Soldiers go hostile. When you have both stones go to bar map and use the stones (from your backpack) one on each of the statues/ carvings on the building front wall. Secret passage will open. Find the entrance next to garbage behind the room with personal safe. Go down the manhole, next go all the way to the end of the hall and go up the ladder. You'll find yourself at Anders's yard before garage. In that garage there is a pickup truck. Tthere may or may not also be a guy from special random encounter who want's a ride to las vegas if You've meet him before and offered him the ride. Pickup ammo press and exit garage eigther same way You came in or through the ladder to the roof. If you walk out by door Anders will go hostile.

After exiting garage go talk to Anders there will be a line about the car. He'll ask to deliver Fuel cell controler. He'll give 2000$ and 1000exp for it.
there are basicaly four ways to get the car.

1. pay for the car between 35k and 29k (based on your barter) You get 10 karma and 5k exp. plus a karmic title "Honest Driver"

2.You may enter the garage install fuel cell controller yourself and use locpick or repair both checks = 25 .You steal the car this way and you get -100 karma 3500exp and a karpic title Road Pirate. From now on Anders attacks on sight.

3.One of caravaneers from one of the tents will ask for help in revenge on Anders he can help us go through the fence +2% to sneak 300exp and -5 karma. from then you can steal the car and rewards as in 2.

4. If you have CH6 or CH>6 and You play as a woman You can have a romance with anders and with a couple of soldiers to get some cash hence you get some of the cash for the car.

I am at poseidon oil but can't find the fuel cell regulator, where is it? At junkyard there is a garage but cannot opened with lockpick or dynamite. There is a crane with no chain but can't find the chain.

On second map of poseidon oil (the one where skeeter is in Fo2) there is a garage on the left. Doors are baricaded from inside and can't be opened from the outside. The crane outside is missing chain. Fix it by using rope instead of chain. Use the crane to make stairs from barrels to rooftop (watch out for car wrecks they can iradiate you). when on rooftop go down the garage through rooftop vent. Inside there is a police car. It has what you need. Additionally by using repeatedly repair on the car you can get (skill check is harder each time):
repair 20: 3x molotiv cocktail
repair 40: junk
repair 60: some cash
repair 80: some .223 ammo
repair 100: Microfusion cells

exit building through baricaded door they can be opened from the inside

Get Fuel cel Controller first (info in spoiler below). In winds of war there are certain 2 stones you need to aquire before getting to the car. First one is owned by a certain dude in bar area. you must buy it from him (it's around 200$). Don't show the stone to car owner he knows of it's origins and will want to buy it off from you. Instead of selling go get the second one. Second symbol is at the other end of the barracks at the garisson map (you need to go through inspection and leave all drugs before you may enter that map). You must sneak when going into barracks. if you're spotted they throw you outside. if Soldiers spot you 3 times Soldiers go hostile. When you have both stones go to bar map and use the stones (from your backpack) one on each of the statues/ carvings on the building front wall. Secret passage will open. Find the entrance next to garbage behind the room with personal safe. Go down the manhole, next go all the way to the end of the hall and go up the ladder. You'll find yourself at Anders's yard before garage. In that garage there is a pickup truck. Tthere may or may not also be a guy from special random encounter who want's a ride to las vegas if You've meet him before and offered him the ride. Pickup ammo press and exit garage eigther same way You came in or through the ladder to the roof. If you walk out by door Anders will go hostile.

After exiting garage go talk to Anders there will be a line about the car. He'll ask to deliver Fuel cell controler. He'll give 2000$ and 1000exp for it.
there are basicaly four ways to get the car.

1. pay for the car between 35k and 29k (based on your barter) You get 10 karma and 5k exp. plus a karmic title "Honest Driver"

2.You may enter the garage install fuel cell controller yourself and use locpick or repair both checks = 25 .You steal the car this way and you get -100 karma 3500exp and a karpic title Road Pirate. From now on Anders attacks on sight.

3.One of caravaneers from one of the tents will ask for help in revenge on Anders he can help us go through the fence +2% to sneak 300exp and -5 karma. from then you can steal the car and rewards as in 2.

4. If you have CH6 or CH>6 and You play as a woman You can have a romance with anders and with a couple of soldiers to get some cash hence you get some of the cash for the car.

On second map of poseidon oil (the one where skeeter is in Fo2) there is a garage on the left. Doors are baricaded from inside and can't be opened from the outside. The crane outside is missing chain. Fix it by using rope instead of chain. Use the crane to make stairs from barrels to rooftop (watch out for car wrecks they can iradiate you). when on rooftop go down the garage through rooftop vent. Inside there is a police car. It has what you need. Additionally by using repeatedly repair on the car you can get (skill check is harder each time):
repair 20: 3x molotiv cocktail
repair 40: junk
repair 60: some cash
repair 80: some .223 ammo
repair 100: Microfusion cells

exit building through baricaded door they can be opened from the inside

Thank you very much, you helped a lot. I managed to get the controller. I managed to get the car too, but earlier i sold the stone, so i think i fucked up the peaceful way. So i had to kill the merchants. Strange that i had no karma lose for this, even no for getting the car this way. 1 more question: I readed earlier if i have the car, a guy will show up and he can be companion. But no one there. How can i get that guy to be my companion?

1 more question: I readed earlier if i have the car, a guy will show up and he can be companion. But no one there. How can i get that guy to be my companion?
In Nevada there is no partners (only in Crazy Edition there is a dog). This guy just asks you for a ride and shows up by accident.

Thank you very much, you helped a lot. I managed to get the controller. I managed to get the car too, but earlier i sold the stone, so i think i fucked up the peaceful way. So i had to kill the merchants. Strange that i had no karma lose for this, even no for getting the car this way. 1 more question: I readed earlier if i have the car, a guy will show up and he can be companion. But no one there. How can i get that guy to be my companion?

In Nevada there is no partners (only in Crazy Edition there is a dog). This guy just asks you for a ride and shows up by accident.

This guy only wants you to drop him off in las vegas hard rock map he is no companion Can't wield weapons nor wear any armor. He is no accident only a Special random encounter Like Bridgekeeper from Fo2 or Used Car Market from Fo1.
I haven't found the dog from Crazy edition yet. However if You play normal version You need to complete the game in certain way to get companion.
You need to:
1.Aquire perk Tirelesness in order to continue play after endgame
2.Choose to kill colonel and do not blow up the clones. (you do this by turning on automated turets).
3.Fix the eye bot in computer room on lvl 3 of vault 8 during endgame and make it to follow you. (the tied up guy on lvl 3 of vault 8 vanishes from party after endgame but eyebot stays (provided he does ont die)

As for getting the car peacefully
You might as well try option 5. which wasn't in the walkthrough talk with caravaneer and convince him to help you loot Anders's garage and after you pick all the stuff up go back with the ladder to rooftop finish up with caravaneer. and aproach anders as described in 1. Your character just need to be aware of the car for the conversation option with andrers to appear.

Anyway.. any hints where i can find the dog in Crazy Edition?

Back