Fallout: New Vegas companions revealed

Though she now lives a peaceful life tending to Bighorners in the community of Jacobstown, Lily was once a Nightkin in The Master’s army. Before that, she was an elderly grandmother enjoying a simple life in Vault 17. Heavily medicated, Lily struggles with her dangerous schizophrenia and distant memories of her old life.

Best character ever.

Tagaziel said:
Though she now lives a peaceful life tending to Bighorners in the community of Jacobstown, Lily was once a Nightkin in The Master’s army. Before that, she was an elderly grandmother enjoying a simple life in Vault 17. Heavily medicated, Lily struggles with her dangerous schizophrenia and distant memories of her old life.

Best character ever.
If done right.

KING SHIT said:
Cass is Cassidy's daughter. It has to be.

[url=http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=1&showentry=140 said:
MCA's blog[/url]]For Fallout New Vegas, Josh broke down the companion personalities and assigned them to designer he felt showed strengths in those character backgrounds - for example, understanding of certain psychological conditions, or (in my case) because I'd written the father of one of the companions, or because the person has a fluid storytelling style (Travis Stout, which is only one of his strengths), which makes him great for characters with campfire stories to share.

Yeah I can see Lily either being a really well written and interesting character if done right, or a nuisance that I will execute via shotgun to the head if done wrong. It's sink or swim with this type of character.

Also, looks like PC's partial to Caesar's Legion will only get the mechanical companions seeing as everyone appears to be Neutral or Good.

Also, diggin the companion perks. Seems like they are very creative and provide good utility to the player.

Nice find, Incognito.
The name Cassidy couldn't have appeared not being related to our old good friend. It's like the name Skywalker in the Star Wars universe. Now we've got another proof.

I like the details we see already from the companions. Did any of Fallout 3's companion got *this much* details at all? As example, the Eyebot is not an Eyebot, it's an "Duraframe Subject E" or the cyberdog is a "Cyber-Hound Mk. III, LEO Support Model, Serial Number B955883" etc.

OakTable said:
Yeah I can see Lily either being a really well written and interesting character if done right, or a nuisance that I will execute via shotgun to the head if done wrong. It's sink or swim with this type of character.

I bet she'll be grandmotherly, which will be humorous given that she's a Nightkin.

Found in the same article:

"Using the game’s companion wheel, you can give companions any weapons, but each one has certain types of weapons that they’re best at. For instance, Boone is a sniper, Veronica loves her Power Fist, or anything else that lets her punch people. Lily is armed with a custom sword made from a vertibird blade and is generally melee-heavy. Raul likes pistols (he was a Vaquero, after all). Cass prefers rifles. Arcade is more of a thinker than a fighter, but he’s good with energy weapons."

OakTable said:
Damn, when'd we get all these new News Team members?

We've just bought them from local slavers. Now they have to work hard to repay what we've payed for them.

Is it only me who's pissed about magical properties of your companions? They don't make sense. Such perks may work in games like Mask of the Betrayed because MAGIC but no way in the hell it fits with SCIENCE!
Or maybe it's nothing to complain about and I'm just full of (righteous) hate?

Well, I see where you're coming from, but in this case it's a welcome exeption, imo.
Those special perks just give a bit more "uniqueness" to the characters I dont have a problem with.

15ri3vs.jpg

What the? :?

Didn't stop him before.

Back