Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road released on Steam/PSN NA

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by WorstUsernameEver, Sep 20, 2011.

1. WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver But best title ever!

May 28, 2010
  2. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Oho, the first New Vegas DLC that I could purchase online without any problems to workaround.

3. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Downloading. Almost there!

4. TwinkieGorilla

TwinkieGorilla This ghoul has seen it all

Oct 19, 2007
    Dammit. I'm so impatient. I'm at work for one, then I have practice as soon as I get home for couple hours. I hereby declare the toking and bourboning will commence directly after and shall not end until it is time to pass out.

5. WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver But best title ever!

May 28, 2010
  6. Brother None

Apr 3, 2003
  7. TwinkieGorilla

TwinkieGorilla This ghoul has seen it all

Oct 19, 2007
  8. generalissimofurioso

generalissimofurioso The Hole Time Orderite

Jun 17, 2007
    I'm gonna start playing it when I get back from class in a couple of hours.

So don't feel alone Twink.

9. VRaptor117

VRaptor117 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 18, 2008
    Ugh, this is going to be a long 13 minutes.

10. dev

dev Still Mildly Glowing

Sep 25, 2004
    I'm curious of your reviews guys :)

11. Daimyo

Daimyo Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Orderite

Oct 26, 2007
    I am having trouble with Steam - the last 2 days I have been unable to launch Steam :(

Don't tknow why either.

So enjoy the game those who can ;)

12. GeeZee

GeeZee First time out of the vault

Aug 29, 2011
    1C/Cenega does everything possible to avoid getting paid for their licensing.

I damn miss those old, boxed games. Now with digital editions, everyone does what they want and when they want - Dead Money coming out for 1C more than month after other versions being prime example.

13. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Played for a while now. Pretty cool so far, imo. I am not too deep into it yet, but the feeling / atmosphere is nice.

14. 13pm

13pm Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Apr 10, 2007
    Heh, for now I would be glad if it is a month. Recently we had Steam officially launched here in Russia. And all Bethesda games became unavailable for this region.

15. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    Well I don't get to play it until about 7pm (BST) tommorrow because I start a new job.
    Grrrr and such.

16. Brother None

Apr 3, 2003
    Three hours in. The atmosphere is cool but it's extremely linear, and Ulysses' ramblings are way too vague to be interesting. Really kind of a waste. More "show don't tell" mistakes on why the NCR doesn't work.

17. Starwars

Starwars Mildly Dipped

Sep 17, 2006
    This your first DLC in NV Brother None?

Ulysses *is* very rambling and sorta "floating" but I think it almost fits with the story arc in the DLCs. It's very drama-speak and I think it fits in well for the ending chapter, as weird as that may sound. It feels more like it's about the Courier's personal journey than anything else. I guess he reacts differently if you're a Legion supporter when you first speak to him?

That said, all the Avellone designed DLCs remind me that, while I love Avellone's writing and ideas, he's not really my nr 1 choice for Fallout. I prefer my Fallout to be a lot more straight and down-to-earth, more like Honest Hearts (not counting the fact that it was a bit light on content). Avellone's DLCs for Fallout feel a bit too "high fantasy Fallout" for my tastes even though I really like them on their own.

18. Brother None

Apr 3, 2003
    Nope. I ran through the three others, all gifted by NMAers, a few weeks ago. Old World Blues was by far my favorite.

Funny you mention MCA, some of the dialog with Ulysses reminded me of some of the end-game dialog in other Avellone games, like at the end of Torment. Except there all this higher-plane bruahaha works, in Fallout it just comes across as pointless meandering.

19. Briosafreak

Briosafreak Lived Through the Heat Death

Dec 18, 2003
    Hey why I don't get those gifts? I can't use the damn credit card, curses...

A bit of a shame the story of Victor seems to have been cut out of the original game, and doesn't appear to be shown in this last DLC, I'm a bit disappointed.

20. Stardude82

Stardude82 First time out of the vault

Aug 26, 2009
    Beat it. I found it almost unplayable at Level 40+ on Very Hard and very easy when I switched to Normal. Very linear, maybe 7 locations not on the main path.

I'm still not sure anything made sense...