Fallout: Nuevo Mexico

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin

It is the year 2285, and the world has changed. Every choice made will revolutinize the future for better or worse. Built on the Classic and Legendary Fallout: New Vegas engine, this Free full on RPG based Modification brings you a brand new Fallout

Most information available is in Spanish but I found this short summary on DSO Gaming:
DSO Gaming said:
A team of modders is currently working on a DLC-sized fan expansion for Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout: Nuevo Mexico. This mod promises to offer a heavily focused RPG experience , inspired by the classic games(Fallout 1 & Fallout 2), and you can find a teaser trailer for it below.

In Fallout: Nuevo Mexico, players will join multiple new factions. The mod will also offer three unique companions with a revamped companion and affinity system. Additionally, it will have various new activities, and will let you travel to various states and locations.

Hope it's good and not a dumpster fire like the frontier, maybe since the modders aren't a bunch of anglophonic gecko-fucking degenerates we'll get something worth experiencing.

First part in a series of gameplay trailers.

Looks much better than expected! To set it roughly at the same time as Fallout1 is a very good idea and I also like the inclusion of the Tibbets prison.

Having two languages in the game is neat and the region looks very interesting.

I also saw a lot of assets that reminds me of the original games. Great!

I'm not too fond of the idea of Ghoul procreation, that sound like fan writing to me.

e: I also like the two different beginnings as either a prisoner or a ghoul.

Last edited:
It's taken wholesale from Van Buren, guy

Yeah. I like some of this as I find it very impressive what these modders have been making with the game construction kit such as locations and new models. But I however have to be more critical when it comes to the content itself.
I know I have been asking often in the past to see Van Buren content being brought back as I did think that Tibbets and the Reservation would be so cool to see really being made. But I would much rather see them in a Van Buren project of which there are already two in progress with other developers working on their own original ideas for any Fallout mods.

That makes me rather glad that when I started playing with my own project that I steadily lost all the Van Buren content with exception of perhaps some elements and references to it, instead focusing on making stuff we have not seen before yet in Fallout.

It's taken wholesale from Van Buren, guy
Thanks for pointing that out!

I don't know why but I've never been intrigued by Van Buren, so I know very little about it. I hope Ghoul procreation turns out to be a lost cause and that the Ghouls seeking it do all their work in vein.

Like if they do horrible experiments motivated by a good cause and in the end it was all for nothing.

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing that out!

I don't know why but I've never been intrigued by Van Buren, so I know very little about it. I hope Ghoul procreation turns out to be a lost cause and that the Ghouls seeking it do all their work in vein.

Like if they do horrible experiments motivated by a good cause and in the end it was all for nothing.

In the Van Buren script, natural born Ghouls were possible but the process had a 98 percent failure rate, killing both host and Ghoul embryo. Even when successful the host is killed by the Ghoul embryo as it acts like sort of a parasite.
Hosts BTW did not not to be female. Embryos could also be implanted into male subjects.

Only one natural born Ghoul would be able to procreate in a regular way. A natural born Ghoul female, impregnated of course by the player.

It's kind of stupid and the only reason for it is that the developers would like Ghouls to exist forever in the setting instead of eventually just dying off. However by the point the ghouls have died off the setting would have become uninteresting anyway because it would have progressed too far. Fallout is just interesting as a setting during a certain period after the war.

I much prefer Fallout 1.5 where ghouls believe they can be returned to human form again.

It's kind of stupid and the only reason for it is that the developers would like Ghouls to exist forever in the setting instead of eventually just dying off. However by the point the ghouls have died off the setting would have become uninteresting anyway because it would have progressed too far. Fallout is just interesting as a setting during a certain period after the war.

I much prefer Fallout 1.5 where ghouls believe they can be returned to human form again.

I like both plotlines. I would have enjoyed it if both could have appeared. Would have made for some interesting conflicts between cults.
Do remember that in the Van Buren plot there were only Ghouls in former Bakersfield, the Reservation, and a handful of other locations.
There were not thousands and thousands of ghouls. Only a thousand or just a bit more more at best.

BTW is it just me, or does the Chem Addict character Tommie remind any of you of Chloe Price from Life is Strange? :confused:

Lumii_20230828_134302036.jpg

Lumii_20230811_135900276.jpg

I sure hope not, but it's not looking good right now. I hope we get an update sometime soon.

If I remember correctly they had big internal problems, devs admitted that most of previously presented content was abandoned in youtube comments. But I hope project isn't dead.
Why? Maybe that one guy was right (forgot who); all the idea guys of the fandom should pool together and work on a single game-sized mod at a time. Or maybe we should implement a "Rule of Two" law for total conversions.

It really is a bummer. I do hope it was at least a good reason and not just creative infighting like a lot of these projects succumb to.

Back