Fallout renewed for another season

Yeah I mean as someone who played Fallout 76 over an extended period of time it is still complete shit. Last time I played (when I quit) they STIL did not have a text chat functionality for their fucking social game. Let that speak for itself as to how insanely incompetent that they are.

Though Fallout 76’s launch was atrocious, Bethesda fans have brainwashed themselves into believing the game got better and is now in fact a good game. That’s the narrative I’ve seen from many Bethesda Fallout fans. There’s a pretty loyal community of Fallout 76 fans that will die on a hill for the game.
Sunk cost fallacy most likely. Doesn't change the fact that at large the game is mostly remembered as that ill-conceived game that had a bunch of controversies at launch and well over a year into its lifespan.

Last time I played (when I quit) they STIL did not have a text chat functionality for their fucking social game. Let that speak for itself as to how insanely incompetent that they are.
So... does not having a chat feature save them the gargantuan hassle of policing the player chats?

Often times a company will do something intentionally anti-consumer to avoid later expense; like having an onerous everything-on/opt-out configuration rather than deal with customer support calls for when something doesn't work because it was (wisely) switched off. It saves them money.

So... does not having a chat feature save them the gargantuan hassle of policing the player chats?
I guess but I mean you can just turn on voice chat and scream slurs at the top of your lungs.
If that's their reasoning then it just sounds so incompetently lazy to me.

Yes that seems to be the approach/excuse. On PC there is a mod for it of course and it's probably more functional with more features than Bethesda could implement without making new exploits pop up somehow lmao.
The two punch combo of Fallout 76 and Starfield seems to have damaged their reputation quite severely. Fallout 76 was an unmitigated disaster, focusing on multiplayer for some reason, made by a company that made exclusively single player games. Then Starfield was a boring, souless game that couldn't even please a large chunk of their fanbase that actually likes their gameplay loop.
Yeah it probably has but what I'm getting at it is that as long as the cost of reputation is proportionally in a good spot to the profit/revenue brought in then they won't care. You can see it in many series. They do solid work or play it safe early on but once it's a big title with a larger fanbase, they'll start to milk it. Even if some of them die in the process, you made a good chunk of change on the way out. Then you can re-release the original that had none of the bullshit a decade later for minimal development time and probably half the revenue for a quick cash in. I don't know why but I think of Dead Space when I think of this. The singleplayer even had pay to win features from what I heard but I'm sure all the fans of the trilogy bought the remaster/remake/whatever it was.

Back