Fallout renewed for another season

It's passe to gamers and fucking WEIRD and AMAZING to other people.
Perhaps, but the show didn't exactly come up with that, so it doesn't really make the show unique. The aesthetic of the show is also just one part of it.

Perhaps, but the show didn't exactly come up with that, so it doesn't really make the show unique. The aesthetic of the show is also just one part of it.

Yes and the only real post apocalypse sci fi show to compare it to is The Walking Dead. Which this is much better.

I fail to see how cultural relevance somehow negates the ability to compare two pieces of media within the same genre?

Yes and the only real post apocalypse sci fi show to compare it to is The Walking Dead. Which this is much better.

The Walking Dead is definitely comparable to this show as that was a post-apocalyptic tale with one cowboy character and normies loved it. It also made a mess of the lore of the original except the actual creator of the graphic novel got involved and it didn't help matters. Despite it, people The Walking Dead lasted ELEVEN SEASONS. This Fallout show is 100% normie bait. It won't last eleven seasons but it's probably easier to watch than TWD because there's more variety of situations going on (not just zombies or people being horrible all of the time).

The Walking Dead is definitely comparable to this show as that was a post-apocalyptic tale with one cowboy character and normies loved it. It also made a mess of the lore of the original except the actual creator of the graphic novel got involved and it didn't help matters
Wasn't Kirkman actually behind a few or many reasons why there were differences in the show and the comics? I read the comics to a point but didn't continue (I think volume 10 or so) but my brother watched the show and read the comics in their entirety and told me about the differences. Like Rick losing his hand when he meets the Mayor or whoever. But I remember hearing Kirkman didn't want to tread the exact same ground he already wrote in the comics.

Wasn't Kirkman actually behind a few or many reasons why there were differences in the show and the comics? I read the comics to a point but didn't continue (I think volume 10 or so) but my brother watched the show and read the comics in their entirety and told me about the differences. Like Rick losing his hand when he meets the Mayor or whoever. But I remember hearing Kirkman didn't want to tread the exact same ground he already wrote in the comics.

I just mostly know it from the bit in this video where he says that the show went through several show runners- including firing the original one after one season- and Kirkman was also an influence. Sounds like TWD had less cohesive creative control behind the scenes.

Part of the problem was that Kirkman tried to keep things in a square peg in a round hole.

Carl being an adult because of aging actors meant he wasn't fit for Carl's latter roles....so he decided to replace him.

And alienated 90% of the audience.

Hearing some chick talk about Fallout during a class discussion reminded me this existed. I'm sure I'll watch it at some point.

I might watch it once there is some indication that any of the major story arcs...arc around to a conclusion. Which, considering what I am hearing about the story arc of Season 1, will be never.

This Fallout show is 100% normie bait.

Oooh, I like that. I dub it The Fallout Show.

I find it hard to believe that this show can top Frank Darabount’s run of the Walking Dead. Everyone who shits on it nowadays seems to forget how great that first season was and how groundbreaking it was for a sci-fi/horror TV show to be that high quality. To this day it’s still the greatest pilot I’ve ever seen.

I find it hard to believe that this show can top Frank Darabount’s run of the Walking Dead. Everyone who shits on it nowadays seems to forget how great that first season was and how groundbreaking it was for a sci-fi/horror TV show to be that high quality. To this day it’s still the greatest pilot I’ve ever seen.
The first season is genuinely great, in a lot of ways movie caliber. Shame about the rest of the show, specially season 2.

I mean it was to be expected, they left off on a huge cliffhanger and already had a tax cut from Los Angeles. Calling now it’ll be renewed for S3 and S4. This show will carry fans until the next game.

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
Then this series will have to carry til early-mid 2030's. Assuming that greedy and egotistical Todd and his cronies won't hand out the IP to a competent studio.

I'm sure in Bethesda's, Zenimax's, and/or Microsoft's eyes that a game like Fallout 76 went from a rough but somewhat successful project into a very successful project over the years. They don't care that people do or don't like something in the game. They care that the cost of development and upkeep + the integrity of their reputation taking hits is outweighed by financial success.

This is true for anything you'd call "triple A" in video games. Don't burn all goodwill, don't spend too much time and money but have enough fans that are able to be excited by your next projects while making more money than you spent.

The goodwill part is the most volatile I'm sure as they can't predict all of it but they probably get good rough estimates from some armchair industry gurus and it was worth asking their opinion in the form of a three page double spaced essay for 5 grand. (Being cynical but wouldn't be shocked if there was actually something like this).

The two punch combo of Fallout 76 and Starfield seems to have damaged their reputation quite severely. Fallout 76 was an unmitigated disaster, focusing on multiplayer for some reason, made by a company that made exclusively single player games. Then Starfield was a boring, souless game that couldn't even please a large chunk of their fanbase that actually likes their gameplay loop.

Add to that other games from the studios they publish for not doing too great either. Like that Wolfenstein game with the girls and that vampire game from Arkane. Hell, Tango Gameworks got shut down.

Though Fallout 76’s launch was atrocious, Bethesda fans have brainwashed themselves into believing the game got better and is now in fact a good game. That’s the narrative I’ve seen from many Bethesda Fallout fans. There’s a pretty loyal community of Fallout 76 fans that will die on a hill for the game.

Back