Fallout 2 mod Fallout Sonora 1.14 and Sonora Dayglow 1.14 Vanilla Translation

It's already unpacked i see..
It's f2res_Config.exe .
Put the f2res_Config.exe to your sonora install, and launch this config.
(You may temporarily rename FoSonoraDLC.exe to Fallout2.exe)(you can rename it back after patching)
One other thing you need to use FoSonoraDLC
Not FoSonora.. you'd need to do other shenanigans in order for a difderent executable to work ..

It's already unpacked i see..
It's f2res_Config.exe .
Put the f2res_Config.exe to your sonora install, and launch this config.
(You may temporarily rename FoSonoraDLC.exe to Fallout2.exe)(you can rename it back after patching)
One other thing you need to use FoSonoraDLC
Not FoSonora.. you'd need to do other shenanigans in order for a difderent executable to work ..
Thanks for all that but I think I'll wait until the translation is out for the vanilla version, the amount of times my anti virus detected, quarantined and removed files from this version, its just not worth it. Been doing so many full system scans just to double check my system is clean. It is but I always worry hahaha

Thanks for all that but I think I'll wait until the translation is out for the vanilla version, the amount of times my anti virus detected, quarantined and removed files from this version, its just not worth it. Been doing so many full system scans just to double check my system is clean. It is but I always worry hahaha

Damn was it not only ddraw.dll?
What AV r u using?
Mine detected only the ddraw.dll
Besides i also poke out the stuff that i know it contains malware like the Mr.Stalin's sfall configurator.. besides that i haven't really had any issues.
However i may consider making a ddraw.ini tailored to sonora vanilla, however don't expect that hrp would work with thst one..
I definetly am not going to go over all the game's map flies and adjust them to higher resolutions..
So vanilla sonora will be capped at 640x480.
The only thing to do is actually to add crc checksum of that custom sonora executable to sfall's exceptions in ddraw.ini .
This is easy to do, since sfall prints the nessecary crc checksum, in an error window at launch. It's just a matter of typing that into correct place in ddraw.ini

Damn was it not only ddraw.dll?
What AV r u using?
Mine detected only the ddraw.dll
Besides i also poke out the stuff that i know it contains malware like the Mr.Stalin's sfall configurator.. besides that i haven't really had any issues.
However i may consider making a ddraw.ini tailored to sonora vanilla, however don't expect that hrp would work with thst one..
I definetly am not going to go over all the game's map flies and adjust them to higher resolutions..
So vanilla sonora will be capped at 640x480.
The only thing to do is actually to add crc checksum of that custom sonora executable to sfall's exceptions in ddraw.ini .
This is easy to do, since sfall prints the nessecary crc checksum, in an error window at launch. It's just a matter of typing that into correct place in ddraw.ini
Yeah it was the sfall configurator and the ddraw.dll I think that was it. I use BitDefender as my anti virus. How come the creator of it put malware in it?

Calm down already, there is no malware there. Provide me with an official opinion from the antivirus program.

Fallout CE is the future, as far as I can see. At least for folks like me, on MacOS.

Anyways, this translation will 100% be supporting running Fallout Sonora 1.13 Vanilla in Fallout CE. People have played through already apparently, so things look good here.

I don't see people clamoring to get access to the translation early at the cost of making some 'reports'. I guess this forum has a little less life in it than I thought. Oh well.

Currently I am spending a few hours per day polishing the mod, synching all descriptions and comments to Fallout 1 and 2 forms. That is taking some time but worth it in the long run. The Fallout 1/2 vibe will be in the translation, registering subconsciously...

Also tightened up all the naming conventions for ammo, pinning them to Fallout 1 and 2 standards (where possible). Not sure of the original authors true intent here, but I don't think they were trying to 'reinvent' things. So stuck with original naming conventions where ever possible. Had to create the term for 'Nuclear Batteries' which power the car and motorcycle. Did not use the Fallout 4 term 'fusion core' but rather went with the original references in Fallout 2 for the cars 'batteries', which came across as 'Fuel Cell'. They were specific for the car, so made them a bit generic with 'Fuel Cell Battery'.

I also noticed a weakness in the CombatAI.msg for Fallout Sonora. It has a different layout, and just seems to lack some of the humor and dynamism of the original. Even after extensive translating by hand. Not sure what to do here. Not going to recode I think.

Fallout CE is the future, as far as I can see. At least for folks like me, on MacOS.

Anyways, this translation will 100% be supporting running Fallout Sonora 1.13 Vanilla in Fallout CE. People have played through already apparently, so things look good here.

I don't see people clamoring to get access to the translation early at the cost of making some 'reports'. I guess this forum has a little less life in it than I thought. Oh well.

Currently I am spending a few hours per day polishing the mod, synching all descriptions and comments to Fallout 1 and 2 forms. That is taking some time but worth it in the long run. The Fallout 1/2 vibe will be in the translation, registering subconsciously...

Also tightened up all the naming conventions for ammo, pinning them to Fallout 1 and 2 standards (where possible). Not sure of the original authors true intent here, but I don't think they were trying to 'reinvent' things. So stuck with original naming conventions where ever possible. Had to create the term for 'Nuclear Batteries' which power the car and motorcycle. Did not use the Fallout 4 term 'fusion core' but rather went with the original references in Fallout 2 for the cars 'batteries', which came across as 'Fuel Cell'. They were specific for the car, so made them a bit generic with 'Fuel Cell Battery'.

I also noticed a weakness in the CombatAI.msg for Fallout Sonora. It has a different layout, and just seems to lack some of the humor and dynamism of the original. Even after extensive translating by hand. Not sure what to do here. Not going to recode I think.
May I ask what Fallout CE is? I'm a bit out of the loop? Is it another version of OG Fallout that works with Sonora?

It's derived from a reverse engineering of Fallout 2 (Fallout 1 was done as well). Built to run on multiple systems. Is slowly building in features of sFall. Runs beautifully, and finally allows playing of Fallout 1 and 2 on macOS (and other OSs) without any issues.

However, mods that rely on sFall do not work perfeclty with Fallout 2 CE yet. Mods that are 'vanilla' work very well. Though I don't know that much about it. It is in development currently, but already works. I played through Fallout 1 and 2 recently using CE and there were zero issues/crashes. Flawless.

It's derived from a reverse engineering of Fallout 2 (Fallout 1 was done as well). Built to run on multiple systems. Is slowly building in features of sFall. Runs beautifully, and finally allows playing of Fallout 1 and 2 on macOS (and other OSs) without any issues.

However, mods that rely on sFall do not work perfeclty with Fallout 2 CE yet. Mods that are 'vanilla' work very well. Though I don't know that much about it. It is in development currently, but already works. I played through Fallout 1 and 2 recently using CE and there were zero issues/crashes. Flawless.
Aaaaaaah I see. Is there a way to change the resolution on the Community edition version? So like when eventually use the vanilla Sonora with CE would I be able to change resolution? Maybe I'm being an idiot but when will Sonora work with Fallout 2 CE? I'm just so confused sorry for all the questions I do apologise haha!

You can change resolution, no problem.

You would be able to with Sonora as well. Though, it doesn't help as Sonora was meant to be played at the original Fallout resolution. The map edge can be seen if you try to make the screen larger.

Yeah it was the sfall configurator and the ddraw.dll I think that was it. I use BitDefender as my anti virus. How come the creator of it put malware in it?
I use bitdefender as well..

I'd really like to help here though it's 2 hot in general to run my rig.. ppl aroud the house complain on the heat my rig spits out, and want the pc shutdown.
Last year i was using a 2in1 windows tablet, to get such work done, however it bricked once i fail a mandatory 4 me bios modification. I'm currently in the proces of negotiating buying a new one with nessecary modifications made by the retailer's service, if they pull this off they'll be probably the first service in my country that does this kind of mods.
Anyways it might take a while b4 I'll get the replacement tablet, and b4 it will be prepared 4 testing.

You would be able to with Sonora as well. Though, it doesn't help as Sonora was meant to be played at the original Fallout resolution. The map edge can be seen if you try to make the screen larger.
CE version can't overcome map boarders, that's why i recommend Foxx's version minus sfall5 and minus sfall configurator, the rest of stalin's stuff seemes ok. I recommend it because Foxx tailored the maps to work with higher resolutions.
If anyone wants to play vanilla on CE with higher res then ffs at least get the fixed maps from Foxx's version

Aaaaah I see, I guess what I'm saying is, I got the impression I could play Sonora through Fallout 2 CE somehow, but I'm guessing that's not the case? I guess its just because you mentioned Fallout 2 CE at the beginning of this thread

I use bitdefender as well..

I'd really like to help here though it's 2 hot in general to run my rig.. ppl aroud the house complain on the heat my rig spits out, and want the pc shutdown.
Last year i was using a 2in1 windows tablet, to get such work done, however it bricked once i fail a mandatory 4 me bios modification. I'm currently in the proces of negotiating buying a new one with nessecary modifications made by the retailer's service, if they pull this off they'll be probably the first service in my country that does this kind of mods.
Anyways it might take a while b4 I'll get the replacement tablet, and b4 it will be prepared 4 testing.

CE version can't overcome map boarders, that's why i recommend Foxx's version minus sfall5 and minus sfall configurator, the rest of stalin's stuff seemes ok. I recommend it because Foxx tailored the maps to work with higher resolutions.
If anyone wants to play vanilla on CE with higher res then ffs at least get the fixed maps from Foxx's version
How would I go about getting the maps from Foxx's version?

Yeah mind oopsie.. there is stuff on maps that requires translation so it's not helping in any ways, if maps are translated then you need to edit the translated maps by hand in the fallout 2 mapper that is patched with hrp and sfall as well.

If ur patient perhaps someone here will do it 4u, it's not complicated it's just tedious

Yeah mind oopsie.. there is stuff on maps that requires translation so it's not helping in any ways, if maps are translated then you need to edit the translated maps by hand in the fallout 2 mapper that is patched with hrp and sfall as well.

If ur patient perhaps someone here will do it 4u, it's not complicated it's just tedious
Aaaaaah I see, thank you! Sorry for all the questions, just really excited for this

Perhaps someone here will do it 4u
So what's the difference between these exes?
I read on vk.com that FSonoraDLC should only used with older versions of Sonora.
Don't know exactly, however there definetly is a difference, nevada band claims fosonoradlc.exe is required with older installs, because all never installs use fosonoradlc's version anyways. It may be named sonora, however crc says otherwise.
The second part i said why use fosonoradlc instead of fo sonora, is that previous versions of foxx came with both, and i only adapted the ddraw.ini to fosonoradlc, as that's what 1.13+ has it does not contain the standard executable. And crc for both is difderent, so there's definetly a difference

Back