Fallout: Sonora, a new project by the developers of Fallout: Nevada

So the good folks that made Fallout: Nevada announced a new Fallout TC.
poster_FS.jpg

Link to the thread: http://www.nuclear-city.com/index.php/topic/818-fallout-sonora-обсуждение/page-1

Dev's response and announce, translated:
BlackDesigner said:
Due to BlackFlame's frivolity, I have to go online and explain the situation.

Yes, I'm developing Fallout: Sorona for a year so far. But I didn't quite had a time for press-release since a good visual base is required for that, which is left for last development stage (first goes scripting, writing, then graphics). News article is planned with poster and intro video, which are not quite ready yet.

Everything was revisioned. From weapon arsenal to cultural connotations. I had to do extensive research job - watch hundreds of old Hollywood films, study kilometers long worth of articles about America and Mexico, analyze other games of similar genres. The whole scripting-macro mechanics is redone, (the engine part is untouched, of course) all prefabs are redone, balance is drastically changed many more. And this is a completely different project than Nevada, don't even mention it.

Some of it you already know. The map is located to the right and bottom of F1 map, a bit on the edge of crossing (the region is chosen due to the story theme). Biggest city is named Phoenix. Tucson is also present (named Two Sun), with a crazy faction of tinsmiths. Rangers who established a bastion at Parker Dam - one of the central faction of the story. There are 11 big and 5 smaller locations planned (and almost all of them are tied to the main storyline). The project is aimed for roleplaying and storytelling, like all of you love. I won't tell anything regarding the story because it's too easy to spoil.

What about music, I warned Anton that I'm intended to use Fallout OST only. But if this person really wants to grow professionally, then be my guest to research do his best. I only need advisers/consultants/observers, and later - correctors and playtesters.

For now: a couple of screenshots showing off new architecture and loot. As you can see, the interface is also reworked.

P.S.: I'm really sorry for not responding in discussions (here and at VK) but the feedback is too distractive from my own business, besides I don't have that much of a free time. Every hour lost in talking could lead to a new script, dialog or graphics asset for the future game. Due to personal circumstances I already lost 4 months, although I could've been in time for Fallout 20th anniversary. Now the timing is very uncertain.
http://polariton.ad-l.ink/7YkXTyJXZ/thumb.png
http://meson.ad-l.ink/74xMmWVhL/thumb.png

About HRP and sfall integration - "Let the others to do it. My aim is to make a project, fill it with content, writing and gameplay. I don't have time for other things."
And some other screenshots.
P-iPh-B5eCc.jpg

WdJYoQh1t6c.jpg

Time to learn Russian, I guess.

Thanks to @0wing for the newsblurb (yes, most of this post was copy/paste from him, so really, all thanks to him).

Last edited:
Those ARE the official sequels now.
i logged in just to agree with you. these are the real fallout games we wanted, why are not more people discussing these instead of dwelling on those atrocities bethesda makes?

It sadden me constantly to see the NMA community spend so much time speaking about games they don't like and which aren't ever remotely connected to the Fallout games, while the actual sequels are kind of put aside...

It sadden me constantly to see the NMA community spend so much time speaking about games they don't like and which aren't ever remotely connected to the Fallout games, while the actual sequels are kind of put aside...
I can agree to this, I wish fallout 1 & 2 mods would get more attention in general.

The animation and detail on the models is impressive. The character design has also improve a lot too. Every character in Nevada that had a talking head were all generic looking except for sheriff and hillbilly. They also all had stiff animation. This a big step up. Hopefully there's voice acting.

The animation and detail on the models is impressive. The character design has also improve a lot too. Every character in Nevada that had a talking head were all generic looking except for sheriff and hillbilly. They also all had stiff animation. This a big step up. Hopefully there's voice acting.
Voice acting probably will not.
The animation-heads were made by a famous art designer, who worked with graphics in the game Olympus 2207: https://www.deviantart.com/red888guns

My Russian is shaky at best.

'We bring Law and Order in this anarchic world. To begin with, this means protection for the peasants and caravans' routes from bandits and mutants. And Protection--this is the first stage in rebuilding civilization.'

He needs new shoes? Why is it half Russian half Spanish?

I hope they'll add more adult content this time. While I liked the stuff they did in Nevada, it wasn't really a significant amount.

Probably a more southern town. Some folks in the Boneyard should speak Spanish as well. Same with Dayglow and anything else further down the Glow.

Back