Fallout: Sonora, a new project by the developers of Fallout: Nevada

So the good folks that made Fallout: Nevada announced a new Fallout TC.
poster_FS.jpg

Link to the thread: http://www.nuclear-city.com/index.php/topic/818-fallout-sonora-обсуждение/page-1

Dev's response and announce, translated:
BlackDesigner said:
Due to BlackFlame's frivolity, I have to go online and explain the situation.

Yes, I'm developing Fallout: Sorona for a year so far. But I didn't quite had a time for press-release since a good visual base is required for that, which is left for last development stage (first goes scripting, writing, then graphics). News article is planned with poster and intro video, which are not quite ready yet.

Everything was revisioned. From weapon arsenal to cultural connotations. I had to do extensive research job - watch hundreds of old Hollywood films, study kilometers long worth of articles about America and Mexico, analyze other games of similar genres. The whole scripting-macro mechanics is redone, (the engine part is untouched, of course) all prefabs are redone, balance is drastically changed many more. And this is a completely different project than Nevada, don't even mention it.

Some of it you already know. The map is located to the right and bottom of F1 map, a bit on the edge of crossing (the region is chosen due to the story theme). Biggest city is named Phoenix. Tucson is also present (named Two Sun), with a crazy faction of tinsmiths. Rangers who established a bastion at Parker Dam - one of the central faction of the story. There are 11 big and 5 smaller locations planned (and almost all of them are tied to the main storyline). The project is aimed for roleplaying and storytelling, like all of you love. I won't tell anything regarding the story because it's too easy to spoil.

What about music, I warned Anton that I'm intended to use Fallout OST only. But if this person really wants to grow professionally, then be my guest to research do his best. I only need advisers/consultants/observers, and later - correctors and playtesters.

For now: a couple of screenshots showing off new architecture and loot. As you can see, the interface is also reworked.

P.S.: I'm really sorry for not responding in discussions (here and at VK) but the feedback is too distractive from my own business, besides I don't have that much of a free time. Every hour lost in talking could lead to a new script, dialog or graphics asset for the future game. Due to personal circumstances I already lost 4 months, although I could've been in time for Fallout 20th anniversary. Now the timing is very uncertain.
http://polariton.ad-l.ink/7YkXTyJXZ/thumb.png
http://meson.ad-l.ink/74xMmWVhL/thumb.png

About HRP and sfall integration - "Let the others to do it. My aim is to make a project, fill it with content, writing and gameplay. I don't have time for other things."
And some other screenshots.
P-iPh-B5eCc.jpg

WdJYoQh1t6c.jpg

Time to learn Russian, I guess.

Thanks to @0wing for the newsblurb (yes, most of this post was copy/paste from him, so really, all thanks to him).

Last edited:
Hats off.

I mean Fallout Nevada, Resurrection 1.5 we got quite the Add-On/DLC thing going on. I think when these are all done and perhaps when Mutants Rising hits the scene, going to do a sort of book end play through.

I can see the resemblance. I wonder how finish this mod is. It would be nice to see more screenshots of the game or a gameplay video.

Hats off.

I mean Fallout Nevada, Resurrection 1.5 we got quite the Add-On/DLC thing going on. I think when these are all done and perhaps when Mutants Rising hits the scene, going to do a sort of book end play through.

There is a dlc/addon for resurrection ?

I got the impression that we should say addon for restoration project, megamod or Oblivion Lost and Total conversion for resurrection, Nevada, Last Hope or Olympus 2207.

all the new art looks good but completely not in-tune with the original graphics. it doesn't have to, of course, but i'm a bit worried that the game might look like a hodgepodge of different things

all the new art looks good but completely not in-tune with the original graphics. it doesn't have to, of course, but i'm a bit worried that the game might look like a hodgepodge of different things
I think that it resembles the original graphics but updated polygonally. So long was the original art looks compatible or gets a slight touch up to go alongside it, I think it’ll be ok.

Missing bits of news:

"
Nevada Band
Jan 29, 21:22

Fallout Sonora.​

Light machine gun Mendoza C-2075, caliber 5 mm. After the relations between the US and Mexico deteriorated the latter was forced to develop their own weapons, this is one of them.
(art: Aleksandr Berezin):
IdhrdB7.jpg

"
"

Hola, amigos! Let's sit in the shade of this giant cactus. We've got half a bottle of tart wasteland tequila and some pre-war "Frito Bandito" chips. Now let's turn on the Los Panchos trio and share our griefs.

- When is the release?
We cannot provide a certain date so you shouldn't be hyped up about this, development can go not as planned in many ways. The same amount of work can be done either within a week or in a couple of months. Let's just say that currently out of 17 planned locations (5 small and 12 large ones) there are only 4 left to finish, besides the world map and in-game videos. And all this also needs a thorough testing and editing.

- What's up with the strange name of the project?
Sonora is the name of the desert around which the game takes place. The original name was Fallout: Terra Sonora, but we thought it was too long.

- When does the game take place?
Can't say. This is a closely guarded secret, almost a spoiler.

- Is there a car in the game? Power armor? NCR, Legion, Enclave, Brotherhood of Steel?
Let it be a surprise, you'll see in the release. Do you really want to know the game before you played it, remember Fallout 4?

- Will there be partners?
We make some story-bound partners limted by their individual quests (like it was in New Vegas). There are also characters ready to share your company for certain quests.

- Will there be crafting?
Only a few unique upgrades, as in Fallout 2. But each of them is really important for the respective weapon.

- Will there be familiar characters or locations from other parts of the series?
Not yet. Although we have a couple of ideas in mind. But there are some references and allusions.

- Will there be references to Fallout: Nevada?
All that's left of Nevada are just a few lucky sprites, and that's it.

- Will there be support for large monitors and modern operating systems?
We will try to make an adaptation before the release. In the meantime, we develop the project with the original resolution, small monitors and Windows XP in mind.

- Can we sponsor this project?
No, it would be illegal for us.

- Do you need help?
For now, we need a concept artist who knows how to depict locations and loading screens with the right atmosphere, we also need a 3D artist to create in-game videos.

- Will there be an English translation?
Several people have already volunteered to do the translation, but for now it's premature. We will solve the issue after the release.

- What mistakes did you take into account from the previous project?
Thank you for the good question, amigo [truth is, no one really asked].
Fallout: Nevada was an immature project with all the problems of newbie game developers (disunity and redundancy of content, imbalance, text mistakes, etc.). Now our goal is to make the right project in every sense, where all the content is needed, important and done for purpose. So don't expect Sonora to be like Nevada. It won't.

Thanks for the company, compañeros, but it's time to depart - the sun is high, soon this desert will be hell...

(art: Aleksandr Poshelyuzhin):
qEaO4hO.jpg

"

Short bios of those 3 characters:

A preview of new characters for fallout sonora.
dec858e73df19e2715311e50709fd2ff-dcz2jn9.gif

"
Okay, everyone, meet the new ones!

Ricardo. He's kind of a weasel. Can take a candy from a baby still leaving the child happy. Always smiling and talking, even when he's not asked.

Salma. Bad girl. Really loves ancient things, although nobody in her homeland really needs them.

Chavez. He can't joke. But he can kick bad people's asses. Gets in a rage if someone accidentally steps on the food.

The fate of these three will be decided in the vast Terra Sonora.
"

Last edited:
It's sucks that they won't make any references for Nevada. Even for a newbie project it was still better written than most fallout mods and even most triple A games these days. Especially if we compare this to fanfic 3 and 4. Still I can respect the decision.

I think the guy who is making the new art for this game has made new critters before. He's made some for Olympus 2207.

[Play the recording of the interrogation]
"...So you're saying there were no defects in the robot and it acted on its own?"
"I'm afraid that doesn't sound quite right, señor officer... The robots of the Mr. Handy design can only perform assigned tasks. But look at the Wilson family task log! I think they had... some sort of family issues..."
"Family issues? Yes, we know about regular quarrels in their family, but how could this affect a robot that "only performs assigned tasks?"
"Well... The robot's interpreter is not perfect. When the Wilson mother threatens her own son "to fillet" him, and the son requests the robot to "kill his parents", something here could be misunderstood..."
"Do you even realize what you're saying? Your service center maintains robots which program is made to prevent them from doing any harm to people. And now these robots, as you say, 'misunderstood' something. Stop misleading the investigation! Admit the defect and we will reduce the punishment!"
[Stop playing the recording]

WK5-BtVieYE.jpg

text:
"Welcome to the electronic filing-cabinet of the Mexicali City Police Department.
- Loading the database..."

Last edited:
These updates are a little old but no one has seem to show them here yet. Since I don't know russian I will be using google translate so know the translation will be a little shitty:

Mar 29, 2019
Meanwhile, Alexander Berezin, who joined us in September, continues to redo early graphics and create a new one for Fallout Sonora. With it, the game gets better, and the development time is getting closer!

(In the screenshot the updated main entrance to downtown Phoenix)
Q2yEqpea8KU.jpg

Mar 16, 2019
Fallout Sonora. Peaceful Follower of the Apocalypse - one of the possible companions.
-AnFBvH5OPM.jpg

If there is someone who does know russian on here, then it would nice if you could translate what the follower of the apocalypse guy is saying, please. :-)

Last edited:
Back