Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Sonora

it depends..

the CHA limit can be taken care of by drinking pre-war whiskey just before recruitment. whiskey does lower your perception and increase charisma by one. though this drink is pretty rare in sonora, with possibly only one shop in Phoneix ocasionally restocking on it, you may find other bottles by looting or doing quests. yet you won't have enaugh to constantly ditch and reenlist your party. the hard limit of 5 companions in sonora, is not bypassible even by burn fo2tweaks. but in order to be able to enlist more than 5 you need to break the game, as playing normally it's not possible to have more than 5 companions. 4 of them are findable in the game, and fifth is an extra companion if you chose the perk to continue after endgame..

How can i destroy mine in flagpool area? Where to put explosives?
That's my only option after i've killed roy faber.

Last edited:
reposting from rpgcodex. To anyone who has played yandex translation of F: Sonora, how was it? Was any of the computer translated dialogue clunky or hard to understand?

How can i destroy mine in flagpool area? Where to put explosives?
That's my only option after i've killed roy faber.

you need to put live explosives while inside the mine right at the entrance, and exit before explosion, if i remember correctly one plastic will be enaugh.

reposting from rpgcodex. To anyone who has played yandex translation of F: Sonora, how was it? Was any of the computer translated dialogue clunky or hard to understand?

No problems with understanding what the characters say, however due to unpolished translation sometimes the immersion does break. i remember General Dickson at one point switched entirely to Russian dialogue, and i had to use my *unique* skills of western man understanding Russian, to bypass this. This plus DLC translation. sometimes there's gulski insteadof goul's or ghouls's, which can break immersion as well, however on the level of base understanding, it's ok.

Question. Since this is set after the events of Fallout 1. Will this mod quietly mention anything that happens in Fallout Neuvo Mexico as canon? Neuvo Mexico is set a year before Sonora apparently

Question. Since this is set after the events of Fallout 1. Will this mod quietly mention anything that happens in Fallout Neuvo Mexico as canon? Neuvo Mexico is set a year before Sonora apparently
Were the makers of Sonora aware of Neuvo Mexico when they released their game? It would be cool if they could coordinate on stories but I highly doubt they have.

Were the makers of Sonora aware of Neuvo Mexico when they released their game? It would be cool if they could coordinate on stories but I highly doubt they have.
The team behind Neuvo Mexico hasn't released their's yet. But damn is it looking good with some high anticipation. I'd definitely ask if they could co-ordinate a bit because it'd be awesome to kinda have aspects of Neuvo Mexico bleed into Sonora especially with the Reservation and getting kidnapped by Vault-Tec. If anything their plots might run side by side. Neuvo Mexico is set in 2166, Sonora is in 2167.

Sonora was in development from ~2017-2020 and created by Russian developers who have not indicated they keep up with New Vegas's modding scene. When did Nuevo Mexico enter development? Furthermore, the 2166 date they finally settled on came after numerous rewrites, the first trailer dated the game to 2285 and then the next one to 2255. There's not a chance Sonora references anything the developers for Nuevo Mexico had in mind.

I have 2 issues with the translation

1) The translation of SPECIAL attribute alterations of drugs and certain other items in the inventory. For example: A +1 to charisma is translated as +1 XP, very confusing in English since XP is used to abbreviate experience most of the time. The machine does not know that the Russian abbreviation is supposed to be for charisma, all SPECIAL attributes are mistranslated like this.

2) The mistranslation of Nuka-Cola as Kernal-Cola or Core-Cola. A minor annoyance as anyone worth their salt will open their inventory and know what it is. It comes up all the time though.

Other than that there's only a few rough spots that I forgot so that shows how important they are. Overall I would rate the translation as decent and the game itself as incredible. I did play many hours of early translations of Nevada and Atom RPG though, so maybe I am not the average native English speaking consumer of this game. Thanks to everyone who worked on delivering this project to us in English.

Oh yeah, I just remembered this one. Some perk card translations may be messed up, I attached a screenshot. It can cause a gameplay issue so I think it is important to address. I've only done one playthrough so I'm not sure how many of these could be possibly mistranslated. I didn't trim the screenshot down because I wanted to flex on noobs btw

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-12-15 07-50-59.png
    Screenshot from 2023-12-15 07-50-59.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Are the translationists still doing updates and correcting things? Where do you put reports about mistranslations?

Hey folks, Don't know if You're still interested, but Foxx has made an update to his FoSonora release. currently sitting at v1.13
quite a number of changes in that version:
out of top of my head but not limited to:
-a possible new companion, with a nice game twist twist to aquire him, ( he may never show up if you mess-it-up early on, cause he'll be dead),
sfall updated to sfall5 5.0.7.0
- trade/barter screen now benefit from expanded inventory mod ( provided you use higher than vanilla resolution)
- worldmap resolution was optionally boosted up to 1280x720 ( provided you use at least that)
- bugfixes to both the mod and the game engine itself
- and many many more ( the changelog is quite fat, it's just too much for my jaw flapping)..

Link as always is not direct, go to the post, then to the link, and from that site, there's a link to go visit Foxx's release, it says the version is older, but the link to the latest release is the same, Foxx just overwrites it.
Fallout: Sonora

Good Gaming Guyz

Hey folks, Don't know if You're still interested, but Foxx has made an update to his FoSonora release. currently sitting at v1.13
quite a number of changes in that version:
out of top of my head but not limited to:
-a possible new companion, with a nice game twist twist to aquire him, ( he may never show up if you mess-it-up early on, cause he'll be dead),
sfall updated to sfall5 5.0.7.0
- trade/barter screen now benefit from expanded inventory mod ( provided you use higher than vanilla resolution)
- worldmap resolution was optionally boosted up to 1280x720 ( provided you use at least that)
- bugfixes to both the mod and the game engine itself
- and many many more ( the changelog is quite fat, it's just too much for my jaw flapping)..

Link as always is not direct, go to the post, then to the link, and from that site, there's a link to go visit Foxx's release, it says the version is older, but the link to the latest release is the same, Foxx just overwrites it.
Fallout: Sonora

Good Gaming Guyz

Can the latest translation patch be used safely with said update?

Can the latest translation patch be used safely with said update?

honestly i have no idea..
Back in the day RadMuravTeam just overwrote the patchxxx.dat, this would effectively rollback any changes to the game back to what is in the Translation patch..

I haven't looked on their file structure in a while, so i have no idea if it will work or if it will crap out. there are definetly things that aren't going to be translated like the new companion dialogue. You just have to try i guess.. I haven't got a chance to try it out yet.. real life stuff is getting on my back too much. besides 28 centigrade today, so internet days will soon be over probably till september..

Back