Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Sonora

Thank you Lexx. Finally got some time to play it. I've run into a bug where the "gifted" trait doesn't always load properly until I check my character page. Which can ruin my AP during combat and make me overburdened. Where would I take this issue? Or If anyone knows how to fix it.
That's probably a bug of sfall. I had the same issue, installing different version of sfall helped.

Hey folks just a heads up, latest v1.13 has a sfall5 v5.0.7. Which my antivirus reported as a trojan!!!
Since sfall5 comes from the man with grudge aginst the entire west, i'd be careful

That's probably a bug of sfall. I had the same issue, installing different version of sfall helped.
I tried swapping some version didn't seem to change anything.. frustrating.

Hey folks just a heads up, latest v1.13 has a sfall5 v5.0.7. Which my antivirus reported as a trojan!!!
Since sfall5 comes from the man with grudge aginst the entire west, i'd be careful
Also I don't believe I've even seen sfall5? Novarain maintains sfall since timeslip went poof right? I miss timeslip she was cool.

@Ceratisa
Not exactly Sfall5 is a fork of the original sfall By Mr.Stalin ( a.k.a previously sfall-extended), it is maintained by Him, He.well.. made a statement on theese here forums that he 100% supports Russia's side at the ukraine war, to the point of wishing death to US soldiers... not exactly a guy you'd want to take your software from, and now sfall5 was detected to be a trojan, sfall, an application that is *not* sepose to access internet, aceesses it, so better watch your step around that. I recommned switching to vanilla sfall asap for Fo:Sonora, though it may require someone who knows wohat to do, as some of the ddraw.ini stuff is in diffrent sections than in sfall5.

@Ceratisa
Not exactly Sfall5 is a fork of the original sfall By Mr.Stalin ( a.k.a previously sfall-extended), it is maintained by Him, He.well.. made a statement on theese here forums that he 100% supports Russia's side at the ukraine war, to the point of wishing death to US soldiers... not exactly a guy you'd want to take your software from, and now sfall5 was detected to be a trojan, sfall, an application that is *not* sepose to access internet, aceesses it, so better watch your step around that. I recommned switching to vanilla sfall asap for Fo:Sonora, though it may require someone who knows wohat to do, as some of the ddraw.ini stuff is in diffrent sections than in sfall5.
I see, maybe I'm wrong but I'm still on a 4.x version for sfall here? but again maybe mistaken and I still haven't found one to load special stat increases consistently. One version I tried bricked the install entirely which is tiring.

I see, maybe I'm wrong but I'm still on a 4.x version for sfall here? but again maybe mistaken and I still haven't found one to load special stat increases consistently. One version I tried bricked the install entirely which is tiring.

Fo:Sonora from rutracker by Foxx, comes with sfall5 *by default*, so unless you switched to vanilla sfall on purpose, You're sitting on sfall5... just like everyone else..
take a note of sfall version in the lower right corner of the game's main menu ( it's in green)

Fo:Sonora from rutracker by Foxx, comes with sfall5 *by default*, so unless you switched to vanilla sfall on purpose, You're sitting on sfall5... just like everyone else..
take a note of sfall version in the lower right corner of the game's main menu ( it's in green)
Interesting the files themselves label themselves different

I encountered a bug that when a game is loaded, the Gifted attribute points are not added correctly to the character. Open and closing the character sheet x2 fixes it.
Occured in 1.13+ DLC with the 1.7 ENG patch

Was playing 1.13+DLC with the 1.7 ENG patch for days and now it wont open. Get an error "This program requires Windows 95 with DirectX 3.0a or later or Windows NT version 4.0 with Service Pack 3 or greater".

Tried reinstalling, same thing. My other fallout 2 installs and mods work still (I have several versions of fallout 2 directories with different mods like Nevada/resurrection)

I'm wondering if this is tied to sfall. Maybe try to get the updated sfall 5.0.7.2 should fix it? I might just take the files and try on my other computer as I don't get why it would all of a sudden not work.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Figured it out. Windows defender silently wouldn't let me run the ddraw.dll because it says it has Trojan:Win32/Phonzy.A!ml embedded. Have to turn off real time protection in order for sonora to run. Weird this didn't happen from the start and i was able to play numerous times.

Figured it out. Windows defender silently wouldn't let me run the ddraw.dll because it says it has Trojan:Win32/Phonzy.A!ml embedded. Have to turn off real time protection in order for sonora to run. Weird this didn't happen from the start and i was able to play numerous times.

seriously windows defender isn't joking, my bitdefender said similar thing and it's no joke of an antivirus like windows defender is..

your best bet to stay safe is to switch from sfall5 to vanilla branch of sfall, you'd have to switch several things in order to do this, however it may prove nessecary to protect your windows system from malware.. sfall 5 mist likely *is* malware.

You don't know the full story behind sfall5 development, and i'm not here to educate you on that, however long story short, sfall5 is developed separately from the standard sfall and it is made by a Putin zealot, so by design it may have stuff in it that you may not want on your computer.

switch to standard sfall branch isn't as easy as replacing the ddraw.dll to vanilla one, You'd have to do some tinkering to ddraw.ini as well, it's not a task for a rookie in falout modding. your best bet is to wait for someone to do this.

Download sfall5 v5.0.6.2, there is no antivirus reaction. And replace ddraw.dll.

And at the beginning of the month, a new version of Sonora+dlc fix 13+ (fix_13v2) was released

Any idea where I can get sfall5 v5.0.6.2? Finding these files on Russian sites is not easy considering its not my language. I haven't played since the trojan was detected, but if the ddraw.dll fixes it I will :) Thanks in advance

Your .dll works but it also has the trojan apparently. I work on pc's and have done lots of virus removal in my days and I don't see anything malicious going on with my pc. Could be a false positive i'm thinking. I'm probably just going to turn off the antivirus and play as I really want to beat this mod lol.

upload_2024-5-16_0-31-9.png

Can someone tell me the difference between the "vanilla" version of Sonora and the extended release made by FOXX.

Can someone tell me the difference between the "vanilla" version of Sonora and the extended release made by FOXX.

Biggest change is definitely books- "vanilla" Sonora has no skill books (though you can get access to libraries/computers that give you a few points in several skills when used), Foxx' version incorporates a mod that adds a book vendor in Phoenix (but she has very high prices).

It also has QoL mods like sFall, Inventory Filter, Key Ring, being able to pass through unlocked doors, etc.

Finally it changes certain NPC (normally he dies or just dissapears if you help him) into a companion, but I haven't played with that version so can't comment on his quality/usefulness.

Back