Fallout TV Series Begins Production

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
According to an exclusive at Deadline the much anticipated Fallout TV series is actually making progress. I remember talking about stuff like this back in 2005 when it was just a dream. Now the nightmare will soon be reality.

Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy’s Kilter Films, is coming together. Nolan is set to direct the premiere of the series, which is slated to begin production in 2022. Geneva Robertson-Dworet (Captain Marvel) and Graham Wagner (Silicon Valley) have come aboard as showrunners.

Fallout is one of the greatest game series of all time,” Joy and Nolan said at the time. “Each chapter of this insanely imaginative story has cost us countless hours we could have spent with family and friends. So we’re incredibly excited to partner with Todd Howard and the rest of the brilliant lunatics at Bethesda to bring this massive, subversive, and darkly funny universe to life with Amazon Studios.”

I'm not aware of these people, but the worst that can happen is it becomes more popular, and we get that MMO finally. Amazon will drop it after one or two years like The Tick if it does poorly.

I’d rather have a 80s/90s Saturday morning style Fallout cartoon. Make it based on Fallout 2 because it’s already goofy as fuck and Goris would be the cute comic relief creature.

Hah, I guess I don't think of cute or comedy when I think of Goris.

I would base the show in Modoc, with Davin spending an unnatural amount of time in the barn with the cattle! The sister just fucks every visitor in town, keep it a grimy shitfest, and David Lynch will direct the series.

How can you guys even have hope for anything Fallout?

It's always the same let down every time. Your money would be better spent paying a hooker to kick you in the balls every time you start to get your hopes up.

T
How can you guys even have hope for anything Fallout?

It's always the same let down every time. Your money would be better spent paying a hooker to kick you in the balls every time you start to get your hopes up.
It's nothing to do with Fallout and everything to do with Dale Cooper and Walton Goggins.

T
These dorks do not know anything about that all they do is play Fallout 1 and 2 (with Et Tu) and talk about things being shit.

Depends on the show runner, writers and actors. Just look at Cyberpunk Edgerunners, The game was absolute dogshit but Edgerunners was great. I am told similarly about that Arcane show but I refuse to watch anything related to League of Legends on principle.

Because we all know that great actors haven't delivered bad performances. That has never happened before, never.

And of course we all know that a lot of the time an actor is totally not only as good as the material being given to them and all the acting ability in the world can apparently elevate shitty writing and dialogue. Totally not the opposite where an actor is only as good as the material because no amount of good acting ability can make bad writing and dialogue work.

Excuse me while i bring my sarcasm detecting machine to the repair shop.

You are right, we should never watch any show or play any game or consume any form of media regardless of the talent involved ever so we don't risk them delivering a bad performance, time to go back to churning butter manually on the stables.

time to go back to churning butter manually on the stables.
Exactly.

Sarcasm aside, just because your favorite actor is in something doesn't mean the possibility of a bad perfomance isn't there. Sometimes actors don't give a shit. Also, Morgan Freeman on his prime couldn't deliver most of bad shit Hollywood has shat out, so even if they are trying it can suck anyway because the material they have is unworkable.

CzMYIZ7.gif

Already there. And look, better use of my time than watching a show just because my favorite actor is in it. :smug:

Would anyone here accept and enjoy an official Fallout sequel, be it FO5, or had it been FO3..... if it played like Gwent, or Magic [tg] —or Etherlords?

So even if it was the most arresting fun imaginable—it would be this that was the official Fallout 3, 4, or 5 instead of the Bethesda/Obsidian/Other studio offering.

See... that fits my definition of the wrong kind of fun. Is Fallout Shelter fun? If it is, and if it WAS the official Fallout 3, or later sequel... would that it was merely fun be enough to forgive it for replacing a proper Fallout sequel? Again, wrong kind of fun. :(

Back