Fallout TV show coming 2024, featuring Vault 33 in Los Angeles

Dang, retcons so hard even I can't justify them, and I'm the resident Bethesda shill!

And then we reach the inevitable plot point of CAPITALISM BAD that every dyed hair sponge with a pierced septum thinks is an original idea for the last 15 years.

I didn't give amazon any money, but I regret wasting my time on this shit. First episode was questionable, but showed promise. All that followed killed any interest I had for the show.

As a refresher on lore, here's a video I made that puts together the cutscenes from Fallout 1, 2, & New Vegas which showcases pivotal moments of The NCR'S History:

:ok: 8-)

Jesus fucking christ what a shit show, the amount of retcons from the orignal games and NV where staggering. I knew this show was gonna be shit when the trailer was released. Bethesda had to piss on the grave of the real fallout games and then light a match to burn them for that cherry on top. Thanks for this amazing show that did not need to exist.

From what I've been able to gather, Shady Sands was destroyed by Vault-Tec in 2277, but the NCR didn't immediately fall. New Vegas "might" be destroyed... maybe? The show's artstyle makes it REALLY hard to tell if it's just basic post-apocalyptic damage or if the city is just straight up destroyed. Either way, it's not looking good.

I doubt Tim Cain would want his name attached at this point. Also, I'm starting to think that Bethesda just uses the name of "Fallout" as well as SOME of it's recognizable iconography to tell a story. I don't think that they've ever cared about the lore accuracy, as look how they've treated their own The Elder Scrolls series.

Jesus fucking christ what a shit show, the amount of retcons from the orignal games and NV where staggering. I knew this show was gonna be shit when the trailer was released. Bethesda had to piss on the grave of the real fallout games and then light a match to burn them for that cherry on top. Thanks for this amazing show that did not need to exist.
I had my doubts at first. But after watching and confirming. Bethesda is dead to me as a company. They will never do anything half compotent enough to not need a retcon.

If i were Tim Cain i wouldnt want my nane attached to this steaming pile of radioactive shit either. Like Russell said about the NCR in the someguyseries. Theyve all but neutered the spirit of the Mojave. And bethesda neutered the spirit of Fallout. We only live on in the mod community, fan films, and what once was.

Last edited:
Wonder how Toront would respond to some of the posts here. Probably throw a hissy fit because some people don't like the show with his favorite actor.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that Josh Sawyer is missing from the line up for the premier. I doubt Sawyer would really care either way, the guy seems like he enjoyed working on/creating New Vegas with his team; but also understands that he has/had very little say in the grand scheme of things.

I'm astonished, amazed at the lack of FEV and Super Mutants in this show. Not even one Deathclaw in the one location it would make the most sense.

Too high CGI costs. Or they'll just want to keep that for the next season.

Next season will be Vault Tec and House fighting with armies of super mutants and death claws while Dollar Store New Girl is tasked to find a water chip for her vault (which she'll find in Vault 13, which was an experiment to create a cloned incel population with terrible taste in everything) and then marries a handsome albeit short, curly haired chess club captain with the coolest leather jacket in the entire wasteland, and instead of fireworks at their wedding they nuke New Vegas again.

I doubt Tim Cain would want his name attached at this point.

If i were Tim Cain i wouldnt want my nane attached to this steaming pile of radioactive shit either.

True, you guys have a fair point! But IMO I think it's a HUGE disrespect of not crediting the OG Creators, because the average viewer(especially newcomers of the series) have absolutely no idea of the franchise's history. They're gonna think it's Bethesda, Todd Howard & company who created the series. And what's worse is that you have people like the executive producer of the TV Show Jonathan Nolan, saying stuff like this:
Lumii_20240408_210917415_1_1.jpg

Doesn't really help matters. It's historical revisionism is what I'm saying, and I think that's extremely disrespectful & not fair to have people think that Bethesda/Todd "The Con Artist" Howard are the creators of this once great franchise, while Tim Cain & The OG Crew have their names, their EFFORTS & CONTRIBUTIONS practically erased & forgotten.

I agree, if I was any of the OG Creators, I wouldn't want MY name being associated with this crap! But the downside of it, is that unless newbies after watching this show does a deep dive into the franchise's history, from here on out they'll be thinking that it's Bethesda who were the geniuses behind it all. It's truly a lose-lose situation, a double edged sword!

So overall, the reason why I refuse to watch this show, it's because of this! Not just the lore retcons, & other smaller details, but the discrediting, the complete REVISIONISM of who created the series to begin with.

Tim Cain & The OG Crew walked, so that Bethesda/Todd Howard & company could run!

[END OF RANT!]

What I find funny is that even Nuka Break feels better and more true to the original now. Honestly I'd rather have a new season of that than whatever Amazon made here. :D

Back