Fallout TV show in development

I am somehow going to have to avoid every trailer or clip of this show. It's only in the past month that I've been able to convince myself that I don't hate Fallout now, since I started replaying New Vegas. I want to be able to enjoy the old games without thinking about this...

That said, I really hope this isn't going to be about androids. It's going to be about androids, isn't it?

This just popped randomly in my mind as I read Jabberwock's post but I would not be surprised that it could be a possible plot.

Premise would be about a young woman (of color, lesbian, take your pick) who decides to look for the legendary Vault, an underground complex build by the people from before the apocalypse that contains technology/something that can save her town/community.
While looking for this she is confronted by the harshness of the post nuclear apocalyptic wasteland, encountering bandits, slaver, but also some good people who will accompany her.
Through these encounters and confrontations the main character proves herself to be a superb fighter and leader.

Most of humanity in her region of the wasteland is under threat by the Super Mutant hordes, horribly mutated humans who seek to mutate/enslave/eat regular humans. The only ones opposing them are the pre war military weaponry equipped Brotherhood of Steel who seeks to protect humanity but whose numbers are low.
They too are interested in the legendary Vault and what it could contains. Perhaps a weapon or technology with which they can finally defeat the Super Mutants.

The Super Mutants on their turn also become interested in finding the Vault once they hear rumors about it and try to capture the main character to learn what she knows about where to find the Vault.

But as these three parties are looking for the Vault for their own goal a fourth party is tracking them with the intention of securing the Vault for themselves once it has been found. (the Enclave of course)

Pretty generic and harmless on its own when you read it.
Of course it would be a bit more "jazzed up" to detail how terrible the world now is and how there only a handful of good people like the main characters.
For reasons I can't make it sound more like what you would expect as a series announcement.

I might even have fallen for such a description if I had not already experienced Bethesda's take on Fallout in their games. I am also sure that the people who will adapt it into a series have never heard of the Fallout franchise (or perhaps only a couple of them) before their employers told them that they got the contract for Amazon to make a Fallout television series.

My ideal Fallout TV series would show what we only heard or read about in games.

Survivalist, Killian's grandfather founding Junktown, Maxson's voyage from Mariposa to Lost Hills, destruction of New Canaan and many more interesting events already happened, but could be explored more by a competent writer.

But let's get real, "I'm looking for my mom. Middle-aged woman. Have you seen her?" will be probably the peak level of writing.

Isn't the aesthetic of Fallout very "problematic" nowadays with Vaultboy being white, the retro 50s theme, some of the racial and sexual vault experiments etc. If we're lucky the woke crowd will cancel this for us. For the wrong reasons of course but anyway.

My ideal Fallout TV series would show what we only heard or read about in games.

Survivalist, Killian's grandfather founding Junktown, Maxson's voyage from Mariposa to Lost Hills, destruction of New Canaan and many more interesting events already happened, but could be explored more by a competent writer.

But let's get real, "I'm looking for my mom. Middle-aged woman. Have you seen her?" will be probably the peak level of writing.

Sounds cool, but it would require someone who happens to be working on it to care a lot more about the games' past fiction than Bethesda ever has.

Bethesda has fucked this franchise beyond belief that a possible shitty TV show is par for the course. I'll just continue playing Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas and ignore the rest.

The problem with this is the lore and all the loopholes to be honest. I'm not really excited for a t.v. show nonetheless since Bethesda keeps milking out the franchise beyond oblivion. My issue is why are they still, coming up with "a person descends out of the vault" plot every-time? Remember in Fallout 2 the president who was head of the enclave even said that the vaults were experiments across the country. Thus in conclusion it was the enclave who were responsible for these experiments. Thus, the enclave was destroyed by hence "The Chosen one". I'm sticking to the classics.

I'm not into The Witcher show to much. Might be one of the worst shows on tv right now. Feels and looks like it should be on the Hallmark channel. Really anything but The Witness and Night on Earth are crap on Netflix. Maybe this will turn out decent though.

Expect to see a Last of Us Show soon too at this point.

Last of Us show has already been confirmed with HBO a while back I believe. The source material itself is already basically a TV show but with the capability to pull off better budget.

Last of Us show has already been confirmed with HBO a while back I believe. The source material itself is already basically a TV show but with the capability to pull off better budget.
Ah, I see. Wasn't aware of that. Should've just searched it first.
Not really related to the topic, but I just want them to return to Jak & Daxter. I'm not feeling the dramatic, cinematic games too much myself.

I'm not into The Witcher show to much. Might be one of the worst shows on tv right now. Feels and looks like it should be on the Hallmark channel. Really anything but The Witness and Night on Earth are crap on Netflix. Maybe this will turn out decent though.

Expect to see a Last of Us Show soon too at this point.

Bloody hell, There's an upcoming LOU Tv show? I'm expecting something obnoxious after LOU2 bullshit.

Ha hah aha haa

this sucks, man.

I have no hope that this will be anything good. They're going to fuck it up somehow, unless we're really, really lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Hope it's good and maybe gives Bethesda to create a pants to make decent sequel (or at least rip off a good previous story),

They can bee fun at least (ecvept the multi-player one.)

I've read about it couple days ago. My reaction was neutral. Either I'll watch one / two episodes or forget about it. By the time it'll be released (2022?) I don't think I'll be putting much attention to the whole Fallout franchise (except for Fallout 2 mods).

One thing Fallout was about is how humans deal with unknown. The Brotherhood, the Master, the Hub, the Vault 13 all were trying to figure it out what to do next in this unknown world, then we were tinfoiled by Fallout 2, then Bethesded. Fallout lost its true credo.

So my bet is on:
There is a Vault City or freshly opened Vault (not pure good, not pure evil). Our protagonist is trying to figure out what is the source of all this. Some politics (don't let the tribal get your job!), some action (shoot those super duper mutants boy!), some mercy (the ghouls were nice right from the beggining!). We get some stupid social experiment and the Enclave (tinfoil + tinfoil and the goverment is to blame). And in the end they lived happily ever after under... egh democracy?

And this time, he (or she) will be looking for his/hers lost uncle.

According to some rumors the setting is probably going to be Fallout 3 area, though it's unclear whether it's going to follow the same storyline or pick up one of its own. Take it with a pinch of salt however.

So it might start with a story that was a rip off of two other games' their storylines.

An adaptation of a rip off of two other stories... what is that called?

What specifically was 3 ripping off?
Fallout 1's plot about needing to find clean water and Fallout 2's plot about the Enclave. It's shameless how Bethesda stitched together these two plots that had no business being combined.

Back