Fallout TV-show Teaser Trailer just dropped

That one Ranger was a dyke too.

Yeah and she was also one of the most insufferable characters in the entire game, that treated women worse than any single male character in the game. Even the Legion held enough respect for women to allow them to partake in camp duties and be more than just breeding stock, with some even becoming priestesses. To the Legion their current situation was just an unfortunately necessary means to an end until they could begin to transition into a true nation. To her every woman was, and I quote, a "fine piece of ass". It's like if your alcoholic uncle who was raised in the 60's had a vagina.

Not exactly glowing praise for the LGBT but whatever, people see what they want to see.

View attachment 27934

Nuh uh!

As a side note, the Fallout wiki’s article on LGBT representation in Fallout is probably the longest and most detailed article on the site. Glad to see the fans are focusing on the important things.

Isn't Tagaziel one of the admins/main people who run the wiki?

I mean fuck that should tell you everything you need to know right there.

A lot of you either weren't around or have forgotten what Tagaziel, Sander, and BN were like (or as Alec used to like to call them, the "three headed hydra of social justice"). But I fucking remember. Especially during 2014 and 2015 when GamerGate was still a thing and at it's height, they were at their worst. Akratus does too, just ask him why he no longer posts here if you're ever on codex.

Last edited:
I don't really have a cart in the race so I don't give a shit. Transgender people like Sleepaway Camp for these retarded reasons as well.

A lot of you either weren't around or have forgotten what Tagaziel, Sander, and BN were like (or as Alec used to like to call them, the "three headed hydra of social justice"). But I fucking remember. Especially during 2014 and 2015 when GamerGate was still a thing and at it's height, they were at their worst. Akratus does too, just ask him why he no longer posts here if you're ever on codex.
No I know, I’ve heard about those guys. I just find it humorous to see how in depth the article is. I mean, they imply that Tandi is lesbian because she’s offended by male characters propositioning her but flattered when a female character does it, despite explicitly turning down the female player because she doesn’t swing that way. Then they try to say a female super mutant is a reference to transgenderism because everyone assumes she’s a man. Or how the NCR has become homophobic due to embracing “Old World values”. There’s just a lot of analysis in the article and not a lot of substance.
Yeah and she was also one of the most insufferable characters in the entire game, that treated women worse than any single male character in the game.
I think a lot of that had to do with getting raped by Cook-Cook though. I never found her insufferable.

Also I should clarify that writing an essay on the lgbt representation in fallout isn’t any less productive than, say, writing an essay on the history of FEV. I just happen to find the latter more interesting.

You mean girls that exclusively date men but have straight bangs and a septum piercing?
I don’t know what they look like, I just see their words on the internet. In my experience nonbinary just means you wear glasses and dye your butch haircut weird colors. Not that there’s anything wrong with that…

Lumii_20231226_233917972.jpg

To all those who keep doing this, STOP PRETENDING THAT FALLOUT TACTICS DOESN'T EXISTS!!! :roll:
Heck it's practically the most influential installment to the Bethesda Era Fallout games, even though it was a spin off game mind you. "Tactics Did It First!" is what I like to say. :ok: :-)

Also, serious question:
Lumii_20231227_052633511.jpg

I mean, are they??? Now unless they told anybody involved in the show NOT to credit them in any shape or form, will they even be credited? And if not, that doesn't sit right me. Not. One. BIT! :confused:

Whether it is obligatory to credit an author/creator I have no idea but it seems the usual thing to do. I am 100% sure the 'money-men' producers and director will have their name 'In Lights'.

An analogy is; a Christmas present I received had the usual body wash shampoo a can of deodorant and a cleansing bar lol.
So if a bar of soap can be re-hashed, I am sure the series could say based on Fallout by Bethesda, grrrrrrrr.

This video right here pretty much sums up my thoughts on the show currently, now even though I'm still gonna wait & see what the aftermath is going to be like when it's released. It pretty much put my thoughts into words on how & what I really think about it TBH:

:ok: 8-)

Screenshot_20240104-230054_1.png

Hmmm, you know he provided an answer that honestly not a lot of people would acknowledge such a fact. It certainly does ring true, especially if you've seen this video of him listing those who were essential to Fallout 1's Development:

Also, what an absolute LEGEND for taking the time to response to my comment! :clap: :clap: :clap: :ok:

For those wondering, I made that comment under this video:

:cool: :-)

View attachment 27998
Hmmm, you know he provided an answer that honestly not a lot of people would acknowledge such a fact. It certainly does ring true, especially if you've seen this video of him listing those who were essential to Fallout 1's Development:

Also, what an absolute LEGEND for taking the time to response to my comment! :clap: :clap: :clap: :ok:

For those wondering, I made that comment under this video:

:cool: :-)

Albert strikes again, nice one. :)

Whether it is obligatory to credit an author/creator I have no idea but it seems the usual thing to do
well like how many marvel movies/shows credit literally any writers other than stan lee? that hawkeye show was almost beat for beat the matt fraction run but hes not credited at all

Teaser trailer just dropped. What do you think? What is that monster with the big mouth?

Out of all lore contradictions, the one that makes me lose all my shit is a number of the vault. Seriously, it takes place in LA Boneyard and the number is 33? Considering all vaults in California have numbers of 1#, it's just hilarious.

The one thing that got me hoping was that it namedropped The boys. Heading down that road could be a good thing.
What are you talking about? The Boys was terrible, they literally didn't want to kill off gay character of Maive, and made the badass of Billy Butcher into cuck.

There's leaked photos of the sets and the NCR seems to still be standing cause there's an NCR flag in the new vault, which basically means that stuff like the Legion ending couldn't be canon because if they won they would have already conquered California by the point the show takes place in.

new-set-photos-from-the-fallout-tv-show-show-an-ncr-flag-on-v0-l7jc2e3tcuja1.jpg

Independent Vegas and House endings could have happened, but I see it more likely as a confirmation that yes NCR won
It doesn't confirm shit. Legion can't invade the heart of the NCR, the forces would be too much stretched thin to do that, as confirmed when trying to convince Legate Lanius, and the NCR is much stronger in California, if NCR was competent, Legion wouldn't stand a chance.
Teaser doesn't really confirm any endings to be canon, except for maybe Fallout 4, making it that BOS won.

So here's my grift.

Why start it so late in the timeline? I mean I would ask why place it in California at all but we all know Todd hates the fact New Vegas was more popular than Fallout 3 and is envious of it's status.

But why so late in the timeline? I remember this being a major issue I had with Fallout 3. You're telling me it's set 200 years after the nuclear war, and people are still mostly scavenging to survive? There are still only scattered small settlements? D.C. is still an irradiated hellhole full of maddened radiation-victim survivors that became mutants (i.e. feral ghouls). Humanity has made no progress in the 200 years since culturally or technologically?

If you were to rewind things a bit, set it say, 40-60 years after the nuclear war, then you would have a decent premise for a post-apocalyptic show with proper time framing. Makes sense for humanity to still be stuck in a "scavenger/small community" culture.

But another thing; setting it near LA. By that time, the NCR is a full fledged nation and has already all but completely settled the territory they own, especially considering Boneyard is one of their biggest cities, if not the biggest (pop size I mean). Lore wise there really aren't any raider gangs or roving bands of mutants, and after 200 titty flipping years you would figure the Boneyard was likely picked clean by now except for the most hidden hot spots, so you're really not going to find any scavs either. Yet things like this are almost defining elements of Fallout. If I recall, there was a reason Obsidian chose not to return to California for their game. It's been done - that story has been told. California has been conquered and settled already, the days of "wasteland living" are long gone there, it has a fully functioning nation state for christs sake, including all the governmental bureaucratic apparatus you'd expect one to have.

Part of me knows I'm asking these questions, when I already know the show is just going to ignore the fact that 200 years have past, and still include raiders, mutants, and scavs anyways like humanity made zero social or cultural progress since then.
I mean, Capital Wasteland was destabilized by raiders, unpredictable leaderless super-mutants(who in Fallout 1 with the Master wiped everyone out if you took too long to complete the game), Talon company, wandering military robots, giant animals, the fucking Enclave who probably purposefully destabilized it to look like heroes when they arrive. Adding to that DC Washington being a more important target for nukes.
I'm not trying to justify it, I too think it's stupid for the it to be set 200 years later, writing and worldbuilding sucks ass in that game, but you gotta take into account that East coast is a hell hole compared to West coast.

Back