Fallout TV-show Teaser Trailer just dropped

It's a teaser just to be clear. They will show whatever substance they have to offer when the first full trailer drops. There I expect they might reveal something of the actual plot. The teaser set the world up for non fans so they know what to expect.

As if Todd is original maker of Fallout, his influence is compared to the One Piece's creator involvement in eponymous TV show.
So, at best, series will emulate F3-F76, with probable skipping of the F:NV.
While he may not be directly writing any episodes, Howard's involvement in the show does echo that of Eiichiro Oda's attachment to Netflix's live-action One Piece show.

Todd Howard is directing this for sure. 0/10 everyone get back to playing Fallout 1.

Song in trailer is from 1964. Between that and the airship this show is more Tactics than not. BAWLS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay this is a smaller gripe with the trailer. Why are the multiple nukes detonating in Los Angeles surface blasts? Like seriously did they never figure out Air bursts are far more effective for destroying cities and using less resources? Two Air bursts of at least 300-400 kilotons would've been more than effective at wiping out the L.A. Metropolitan area and the surrounding urban installments. The only time surface blast seems reasonable is if they were aiming for bunkers or missile installments. With that being said, the NCR would've had a hard time resettling the Boneyard *Fucking facepalm*

Last edited:
One hundred percent would've settled for a Fallout tv series set in NYC before L.A. At least they couldn't try to fuck with the original's lore that way

Why are the multiple nukes detonating in Los Angeles surface blasts?
Ever since Bethesda took over it’s been a common fan theory that the Great War consisted exclusively of surface blasts to explain why so much architecture is left standing. So not surprised that they’re “canonizing” that.

Ever since Bethesda took over it’s been a common fan theory that the Great War consisted exclusively of surface blasts to explain why so much architecture is left standing. So not surprised that they’re “canonizing” that.
Eventually. It'll be uncononized. Hell even the ending sequence of Terminator 3 looked more impressive than that teaser

So, this came up in my recommended on YouTube lol. I'm not even going to say what my opinion on this video is, I'm just going to leave the video here.

It's gonna suck, and ppl will flood the forum to bitch and moan about it. And not in a good way..
Actually let me correct myself. People are gonna come on here and praise the shit out of it. Expecting us to love it as much as them. And then we're gonna bitch and moan, til only the strongest or most pathetic one is left standing.
Then that unlucky person is gonna get absorbed into the NMA hivemind.
freaks-one-of-us.gif

It's still gonna suck though.
*This prophecy was sponsored by Gorog.*

Last edited:
Actually let me correct myself. People are gonna come on here and praise the shit out of it. Expecting us to love it as much as them. And then we're gonna bitch and moan, til only the strongest or most pathetic one is left standing.
Then that unlucky person is gonna get absorbed into the NMA hivemind.
freaks-one-of-us.gif

It's still gonna suck though.
Let’s turn them into that duck lady

I knew the Duck Lady; The Bead Lady also.

Ruthy & Lolla

Lolla was totally bonkers, and effectively homeless, and wandered the streets for decades—though apparently had access to a home on St Charles St. in the Garden District.

*If you've ever read When Gravity Fails, by George Alec Effinger, the cybernetics sales woman in the book... that was almost certainly based on Lolla; Effinger had a house in the Quarter, and doubtless often saw her wandering about.

Ruthy I do not think was homeless. She was all over the French Quarter on roller skates, with ducklings following her around... until later in life. My mother and her (my mother's) best friend took Ruthy out to a restaurant once, on her birthday; to get her out of the seniors home for a while.

*Incidentally... that patch of red in far left of the photo was where I went to elementary school.

**Chicken Man (mentioned in the comments on the Ruthy link) ran the local voodoo shop; I kid you not. For a time I lived across the street from it.

Last edited:
So, this came up in my recommended on YouTube lol. I'm not even going to say what my opinion on this video is, I'm just going to leave the video here.

The troon New Vegas psyop always bothered me, it's one of the most inorganic game 'fandoms' ever created.

It'd be like if a shitload of Vietnamese started playing FO1 next year and from then on FO1 is called "The Vietnam Fallout Game", that's absurd.

Back