Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Yesterday

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by hexer, Apr 5, 2020.

1. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ Mildly Dipped

Jan 31, 2017
    You would be directed to the right topic, where you would get an answer faster, perhaps with an example. Your secrecy took more time...

2. newbix

newbix First time out of the vault

Nov 23, 2022
    Is there any way to exit the vault after repairing life support?

3. Martin1821

Martin1821 First time out of the vault

Dec 13, 2022
    Hello everybody. I read through the thread but still cannot solve my problem.
    Downloaded F4.2, copied 4 files from F2 installation folder but i am getting still CRC check error.
    I am not one who understands much about that so please if there is somebody to help me with solving it i would appreciate a lot.

4. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ Mildly Dipped

Jan 31, 2017
    1. Show the values from the error (or screenshot of the error) to fix
    2. run sf-configurator - system - get crc - run the game

5. Martin1821

Dec 13, 2022
    Hi again. "Cannot open the game executable for CRC check." That is exactly a message i am getting.... Please can you explain you second step more like to a noob? :) I am not so good at it :/

6. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ Mildly Dipped

Jan 31, 2017
    In the game\mod folder there are "sf_configurator.exe" - run this and go to the "system" tab, find the "get crc" button and specify "fallouty.exe" - the value will appear in the line: 0x******. Now, click Done for exit or Run the game for starting the game. The game should start.

7. Martin1821

Dec 13, 2022
    Problem is that i dont have that file in the folder FY4.2... Do i have to download it separately or can i use the one from F2 ?

8. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ Mildly Dipped

Jan 31, 2017
    1. Install Fo2
    2. Install FY4.2u2 in subfolder and run from Yesterday icon.
    3. play the game
    if the same error appears, use the advice above.
    if the other - write.
    if you are confused by a possible warning about an "unknown program", this is normal.

9. Martin1821

Dec 13, 2022
    Do you have please a source of the game ? i think i downloaded wrong one then

10. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ Mildly Dipped

Jan 31, 2017
    Any original distribution (gog\steam\egs\etc)

11. Martin1821

Dec 13, 2022
    Hello again. I am alredy desperate aout running this game. I went through the all the threads here or discord and reddit but i have still problem with "Game initialization failed". Is a problem with my steam F2.exe file ? Or i am missing to copy some files?

12. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ Mildly Dipped

Jan 31, 2017
    Try:
    • update directx9
    • launch the game with HRP
    • launch the game with sfall
    • launch the game with minimum resolution
    You need to run this mod from FY shortcut/exe, you do not need to use Fo2 shortcut/exe.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
  13. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Oct 28, 2009
    or just read the damn readme.txt in the installation.. it clearly says you require to copy the .exe from fallout2 and should rename it properly *or else it won't work* duuuh...

having the directx_web_setup instaled also hellps preventing issues, however this plus having all the VC++ libraries installed is a bread and butter of any pc gamer, if you can't do this go buy yourself a PS5 and go play games on that.

14. Martin1821

Dec 13, 2022
    Sorry that i am disturbing you by my knowledge but even an electrician cannot be a doctor at the same time for example. Espacialy for people borned earlier like my case. I have read all readmes all over the place so for that i am asking what i am missing. Even i thought this is a forum to help each other and i see in your reply some frustration but i dont know what i did to you?

15. Martin1821

Dec 13, 2022
    What is that AH? I tried your tips but right now i am getting 2 errors "Could not find/load text fonts" or "Fallout appears to be running on compatibility mode...." but i checked .exe files and configuratour and i have 640:480. Administratot unchecked as it says later in that error.

16. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ Mildly Dipped

Jan 31, 2017
  17. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Oct 28, 2009
    Look all the installations of fallout: Yesterday, and I've played up until it became subscriber only due to certain troll video on You tube, had an instruction in the readme as a part of installation process to copy the fallout2.exe and rename it to FalloutY.exe. now i don't know if this is still the case, but previous versions did not run without this. To fix fallout game you don't need a doctor, but a fallout modder :p

[explanation rant]
    As of fridy eve I am searching for a doctor, since i have a fucking throat infection, and it hurts like hell, couldn't even eat freaking xmas eve dinner cause of the pain, sorry but as i know it hungry man in pain is an angry man in pain, as the saying goes, so i might have been a bit edgy. I'm sorry, to have hurt your feelings for beeing rough on you.. ok? Just ment to point out the .exe name change in the readme..

oh.. and please don't be discouraged by any stylistic errors I've made in this post, I'm just to exhausted from the fighting with the infection, I don't have the strength to do a quadruple check on the post for any spelling mistakes, missing capital letters etc.
    I don't hold any grudge over You or anything. So chill, it was just a ricoche from a very bad weekend I had.
    after all since as You say You're older You prolly know us millenials are like that :p
    As for beeing an electrician it's just school education, it doesn't say much about skills habbits and hobby knowledge
    [/explanation rant]

18. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ Mildly Dipped

Jan 31, 2017
    1. Everyone with the last Christmas holiday (those who celebrate)
    2. Who is sick - get well.
    3. Let Fallout Run and play =)

19. Martin1821

Dec 13, 2022
    I think i will be never able to run it. game was installed as subfolder FY in C-Steam-steamapps-F2-FY. F2.exe file was copied and renamed as falouty (2). All setings were UNmarked as "run as administrato, 256 colors, ..." as the error says. Did i forgot to copy other files? Is it problem with a steam? I am going to smash with everything here...

20. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ Mildly Dipped

Jan 31, 2017
    1. Install Fallout 2 (is done)
    2. Install Yesterday r4.2u2 (this version with installer)
    3. Play the mod by running from Fallout Yesterday.lnk
    *No other actions are required.
    *If it doesn't work, reinstall it in the folder with the game by changing the path and clicking the "root directory" button...

Happy New Year. Happiness, health, love.