Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Yesterday

So how much of the main quest is here?

Just the intro for now to set things in motion. Next update will focus on expanding the main quest a bit, also adding in side quests and areas that I cut for this release in order to hit the deadline. I was adding in new content until yesterday. It's a monstrous effort to try and beat a 22 year old engine at its own game but I'm getting there!

I unpacked it, copied fallout2.exe to main folder, the only thing I've got was "please stand by" screen and following error
2020-07-25-17-48-07-windows-Uruchomiona-Oracle-VM-Virtual-Box.png

I unpacked it, copied fallout2.exe to main folder, the only thing I've got was "please stand by" screen and following error
2020-07-25-17-48-07-windows-Uruchomiona-Oracle-VM-Virtual-Box.png

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems.
What version of OS are you running this on?

I see from the screenshot name you're on a VM?

I tested it now on host OS and works, so there is sth with my vm, don't worry about that.

On Windows 10, version 10.0.18363 I have blue screen before menu appears. But game starts.

I tested it now on host OS and works, so there is sth with my vm, don't worry about that.

On Windows 10, version 10.0.18363 I have blue screen before menu appears. But game starts.

Blue screen is normal, it's a glitch because I temporarily disabled some intro videos.
It will be removed once those get done.

Did you get the animated intro? I thought that your earlier error was because your VM couldn't play the video which is in AVI format for quality purposes

Did you see this screen after the loading screen? If not, seems you couldn't play the AVI I shipped.

upload_2020-7-25_17-39-9.png

Hexer, I have a very similar problem to Weyland and unfortunately I can't progress any further.

Btw, Win7 Pro SP1 64-bit and GOG version of Fallout 2.

Hexer, I have a very similar problem to Weyland and unfortunately I can't progress any further.

Btw, Win7 Pro SP1 64-bit and GOG version of Fallout 2.

Another person also contacted me with being unable to play on Windows 7.
Honestly, I am not sure if the latest sfall 4.2.6 works on Windows 7 which stopped being supported in 2013.

Are you able to run the game on a newer OS?

Another person also contacted me with being unable to play on Windows 7.
Honestly, I am not sure if the latest sfall 4.2.6 works on Windows 7 which stopped being supported in 2013.

It works definitely on my installation of Fallout 2 with Restoration Project (2.3.3).

Are you able to run the game on a newer OS?

Unfortunately not because I don't have other PC at this moment.

It works definitely on my installation of Fallout 2 with Restoration Project (2.3.3).

RP ships with sfall from 2014. I think that one works with Win 7 but Fallout Yesterday requires the latest one.

OK, so the game doesn't start at all or you can see the loading screen before it crashes?
If you can see the loading screen the problem might be in the intro video which is in AVI format

RP ships with sfall from 2014. I think that one works with Win 7 but Fallout Yesterday requires the latest one.
I have replaced RP sfall dll with 4.2.6 version and it works.

OK, so the game doesn't start at all or you can see the loading screen before it crashes?
If you can see the loading screen the problem might be in the intro video which is in AVI format

No, it crashes with "Please Stand By" screen and mentioned by Weyland error.

OK, it seems the problem is in the AVI then. Can you go to data/art/cuts/ folder and rename intro.avi to something else?

OK, it seems the problem is in the AVI then. Can you go to data/art/cuts/ folder and rename intro.avi to something else?

I've replaced avi with mp4 extension and bingo!

Btw, I would like to see intro somehow.

I've replaced avi with mp4 extension and bingo!

Btw, I would like to see intro somehow.
Wow, missing codec for AVI? Didn't install DirectX 9? Btw, no problem on on my machine at all.
Win7 x64 Ultimate and Out of the Box, just droppped the fallout2.exe in.

Sadly it's only Tibbets and a few random encounters, but still a nice first impression.
Want more NAOW ^^

Back