Fav weapon...why?

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by Silencer, Nov 23, 2000.

1. That explains how a thread could be started by a guest.

2. Ohaimerk

Ohaimerk Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Mar 30, 2009
  3. RogerMaxson37

RogerMaxson37 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 9, 2011
    Why would you assume New Vegas when they were obviously talking about Fallout 1 and 2? Not to mention that these messages were posted in... 2000...

4. Guiltyofbeingtrite

Guiltyofbeingtrite Vault Dweller

Oct 13, 2008
    H&K P90c in Fallout 2 by a mile. With the right stats you can fire in burst mode twice and enter inventory to reload and heal in the same turn. It does insane damage at close range, especially to unshielded targets, or you can take pot shots at multiple enemies with 2ap/shot.

p90c+sniper rifle is a wonderful combo.

5. James Snowscoran

James Snowscoran Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 1, 2011
    Holy thread necro batman!

On topic, the .223 pistol/that gun is probably the overall most awesome.

6. Ohaimerk

Ohaimerk Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Mar 30, 2009
    That gun the farmer in the Hub gives you for clearing out the raiders? Hell yeah, that thing could blow a hole in just about anyone with a good critical

7. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    Yup, the .223 pistol along with the ripper, just in a case of some smelly mutie is getting too close. :twisted:

8. darby70

darby70 First time out of the vault

Dec 21, 2010
    Oh yeah! I had the .223 pistol with me when I killed the master.

9. Four Suited Jack

Four Suited Jack It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 27, 2011
    The LAER from Old World Blues.

Why? It's a rape-machine to put it bluntly.

10. Courier

Courier Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Apr 10, 2011
    No it wouldn't have.

This thread was started eleven years ago - ten years before New Vegas came out.

Edit: This forum is for discussion of Fallout, Fallout 2, and Tactics. That's why FO3 and NV each have their own forums.

11. Four Suited Jack

Four Suited Jack It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 27, 2011
    Why? Fallout: New Vegas is not Fallout 3.
    The this sub-forum is not named correctly.

General means non-specific, not allowing certain material to be mentioned makes it specific.

EDIT:

Then call it the Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics discussion forum.

EDIT 2:

Nothing there states that Fallout: New Vegas can not be mentioned on this forum.

12. Courier

Courier Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Apr 10, 2011
    Ever if there wasn't anything that mentioned that, it would still be off topic to this this thread. This thread is clearly about your favorite weapons from Fallout and Fallout 2. There are threads in the New Vegas forum about your favorite weapons in New Vegas.

13. burningsnow126

burningsnow126 First time out of the vault

Jul 2, 2011
    Im pretty sure it says "Do not post anything related to fallout3" because that game is inconsistent with other fallout games. And yeah if the post is 11 years old i would only reference 1 and 2. Also, back to topic, gotta love the Red Ryder LE BB gun!

14. z27z

z27z First time out of the vault

Apr 11, 2010
    I agree: after trying dozens of weapon several times, nothing is so fun (but not always easy) than kicking in "crucial points" a deathclaw/supermutant/enclave in kung fu style! :twisted:

Apart that, I also like .223 pistol, maybe because it reminds me Blade Runner.

With Weapons Redone mod installed, I like Bozar too (it works as a huge sniper rifle, not as a "Gatling").

15. WastelandSet

WastelandSet First time out of the vault

Dec 29, 2010
    This is why nobody likes to come to these forums anymore and has a bad taste in their mouth because of us old school Fallout guys. I'm not a big fan of the new Fallout games, but I have to say that no post in this thread seemed to say anything about which Fallout game was being discussed. From the first few posts, it could be assumed that only FO:2 was applicable(pulse rifle's, M72's, bozar, etc...). This forum is general Fallout minus 3, Online and Tactics. I think NV fits in there, or is at least not dis allowed. You are trying to hard for the sake of argument. Even when the forum rules were posted, you denied it. Admit to some grey area.

Anyway, it's just a fucking videogame forum. My favorite weapon is the Gatling Laser in 1,2, and New Vegas(if it fits in this forum). And with the Laser weapons redone on FO:2, it actually feels as powerful as it should be.

16. PainlessDocM

PainlessDocM Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 5, 2010
    Fallout 1: Turbo plasma rifle

Fallout 2: M72 Gauss Rifle

Unfortunately energy weapons look and sound like Super Soakers/ toys in F3 and NV. :(

17. James Snowscoran

James Snowscoran Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 1, 2011
    Technically the M72 wasn't an energy weapon in F2 ;)

18. ViewedCloth

ViewedCloth Still Mildly Glowing

May 20, 2011
    F1: Alien Blaster

F2: Alien Blaster

Alien Blaster FTW!

19. bosknight

bosknight First time out of the vault

Feb 4, 2010
    ALL TIME WEAPON

What is the all time weapon?

20. Walpknut