Fallout 2 mod FO2 Engine Tweaks (Sfall)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Dude101, Jul 30, 2007.

1. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    You need to overwrite the ddraw.dll and manually merge the content of ddraw.ini.

2. Josan12

Josan12 Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 15, 2007
    Does anyone have any experience using the sfall ddraw.ini to change the default player model?

I'm having trouble in finding that it will only change the player to certain critters, and I cannot understand why.
    It will, for example happily change it to MAGCKO (golden gecko)
    but what i want is the NPC armor mod critters (for example NMSUCA - sulik combat armor) and when i uncomment it and change it to NMSUCA the hero critter just goes blank, as if the art does not exist, even though sulik is standing right next to me in combat armor.
    Any ideas?

3. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    If I set MaleStartModel=NMSUCA and start a new game, my character does appear in Sulik in combat armor.

4. Josan12

Oct 15, 2007
    Yes, me too - but if i go into my inventory, the sprite dissapears completely.... :confused:

5. burn

burn Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    I have fallout 2 crashing. Debug.log is ready, but I'm not sure what's at fault: sfall, restoration pack or economy/rebalance. Where do I go with that?

6. phobos2077

phobos2077 Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 24, 2010
    Well it depends on what you are doing to reproduce the crash. Send over your debug log and, more importantly, crash message (with memory addresses).

7. burn

burn Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012

Attached Files:

8. phobos2077

phobos2077 Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 24, 2010
    Are you sure there is no popup or anything upon crash? Maybe there is some button to view crash details? Usually when FO2 crashes, there is a dialog message pops up (for me on Win7, that is).
    Debug log doesn't tell anything.

9. burn

burn Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    There's a popup, but it's not viewable. I can only see the title "Application error".
    Upon crash, the screen goes black (and there's a looped music piece playing). Then I send ctrl-alt-del and kill the process. Screenshot is attached.

Attached Files:

• 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      41 KB
      Views:
  10. phobos2077

phobos2077 Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 24, 2010
    You can try this trick: as soon as it crashes, press Ctrl+C. After killing the process, try pasting with Ctrl+V somewhere. Maybe try it several times.. The thing is, Ctrl+C copies all contents of standard modal windows, when they are in focus (active). Maybe window is active but is outside of viewable screen or something like that.. Could also try running the game in windowed mode.

11. burn

burn Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    Ctrl-C worked:
    Another one

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  12. Josan12

Oct 15, 2007
    Hey Nova (or anyone else) - do you get the player critter dissapearing problem I mentioned earlier in this thread? It would be really helpful if I could get this sfall function to work for this as I need it to correct all the offset errors in the NPC mod (part of the RP)

13. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    Yes. But if I use other appearances for player character (e.g. MaleStartModel=hmmaxx), there won't be any issues.
    You might try using the scripting method to see if the problem is still the same.

14. burn

burn Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    Can anyone please explain what do SpeedMulti/SpeedKey settings do?

Also, is it possible to use a key instead of middle mouse click to toggle between weapons?

15. Josan12

Oct 15, 2007
    What is this other method? I'm guessing it's to add something to the OBJ_DUDE.ssl?

16. Mr.Stalin

Mr.Stalin Agent of Enclave Modder

Oct 29, 2015
    [Speed]
    ;Set to 0 to disable everything in this section
    Enable=1

;The speeds corresponding to each slot in percent. (i.e. 100 is normal speed)
    SpeedMulti0=50
    SpeedMulti1=100
    SpeedMulti2=150
    SpeedMulti3=200
    SpeedMulti4=300
    SpeedMulti5=500 <<< Slot #5
    SpeedMulti6=1000
    SpeedMulti7=100
    SpeedMulti8=100
    SpeedMulti9=100

;The keys corresponding to the 10 speed slots
    ;Set to 0 to disable a slot, otherwise specify the DX scancode of the key you want to use
    SpeedKey0=0x52
    SpeedKey1=0x4f
    SpeedKey2=0x50
    SpeedKey3=0x51
    SpeedKey4=0x4b
    SpeedKey5=0x4c <- DX Scancode (Hex value) i.e. key Numpad5
    SpeedKey6=0x4d
    SpeedKey7=0x00
    SpeedKey8=0x00
    SpeedKey9=0x00

;Set to -1 for either ctrl key, -2 for either alt key or -3 for either shift key
    SpeedModKey=-1

Pressed Crtrl+Numpad5 set game speed in slot #5 (i.e. SpeedMulti5=500)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  17. phobos2077

phobos2077 Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 24, 2010
    It's a game clock speed modifiers. You press given key and game speed changed according to associated multiplier (It is 100 for vanilla speed, if I'm not mistaken).

18. burn

burn Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    So basically it's a collection of game speed presets and associated shortcuts, correct? "Slots" had me confused.

19. sieg66

sieg66 First time out of the vault

Jul 8, 2011
    Hi, I have an issue with the last version. Speed keys shortcuts (numpad 1, 2, 3, 4,...) only work if I disable numlock (so, in fact, it is the keys "end", "V", "pgdn", "<",...). Have you got the same problem ? The keycode are the default ones in the ini.

20. IYouI

IYouI First time out of the vault

Dec 15, 2013
    FALLOUT2.EXE crashed, when I went The Den and some old junkie attacked my character.

Windows 7 x64, RP 2.3.3

Code:
    ---------------------------
    Application Error: C:\F2\FALLOUT2.EXE
    The instruction at 004c5d09 referenced memory at 0cba8970
    The memory could not be read from

Click on OK to terminate the application
    OK