FOnline: 2238, Jumping into the 3d era

Lexx said:
It doesn't have to be a Fallout game. You can also create whatever other game with it, if you want to.

Ok, it could be used for other rpg's, (maybe something in the Arcanuum setting... mmm...:D), but really...old age. :shrug:

Continuum said:
Power Armour with VB's animations is super cool now.

:lol: ... :roll:

Continuum said:
VB's animations are looking 1K times better than original ones (...)

Nah. Opinion. At least not the power armor (the others are not so bad); power armor looks exactly like the horrible dork-looking FO3 power armors, only smaller.

Continuum said:
(...) (which are looking exactly the same as male hero, which is lame).

True, but irrelevant to the quality.

Demonslayer said:
Let the russians port FO2 to this engine so (...)

I'd say the chances of that ever happening are extremely unlikely.

x'il said:
At least not the power armor (the others are not so bad);
Nah. Opinion.

x'il said:
power armor looks exactly like the horrible dork-looking FO3 power armors, only smaller.
Which is good because original is horrible with its animations and stretching "feature". Its looking even worse than other male hero armours.

Continuum said:
Which is good because original is horrible with its animations and stretching "feature". Its looking even worse than other male hero armours.

And what about Fallout Tactics PA?

These is all sweet and dandy, but if the editor is a turkey and building maps awkward the shine might disappear, please show us the mapper, and a quick animation of how to use it…before I explode.

.Pixote. said:
These is all sweet and dandy, but if the editor is a turkey and building maps awkward the shine might disappear, please show us the mapper, and a quick animation of how to use it…before I explode.

Well, it's much clicky-click, like the original BIS mapper. Some things are much easier and comfortable, such as copy&paste function, etc. With this you can make yourself some templates and use copy&paste to get stuff done faster. Thats how I am building our maps.

But that's how it is now. With a bit more work, it's possible to optimize here and there. Until now it just wasn't really needed.

Amazing achievement Lexx, Cvet and FOnline guys. Just as i was about to give up hope on FO's 'past-gen' engine limitations, you guys restore some of my hope for the FO future! :D

I have to agree with x'il on the power armor though. The VB PA looks awfully similar to the, IMO, appalling FO3 PA. While i like most of the other VB critters for what they are, i'm not so sure they fit too well in FO1-2 art style. It could end up a little like the problems Killap had putting tactics critters in and it looking ... well, just a little too out of place.

But otherwise - fantastic work. Mucho potential if it can get rigged into FO2. :clap:

TwoEyedYum said:
And what about Fallout Tactics PA?
Tactics' PA is good because it doesn't make you bigger. Super cool, isn't it?

Josan12 said:
i'm not so sure they fit too well in FO1-2 art style.
This isn't Fallout art style anymore. Different method is used to render critters over the screen. As long as it's looking good (and it's looking) I don't care about it at all. Can't wait to see how guys from FOnline will solve death animations (which are soul of the Fallout? :roll:) and make them as original ones. Otherwise they will be eaten alive for not staying close to original art style :D

Josan12 said:
It could end up a little like the problems Killap had putting tactics critters in and it looking ... well, just a little too out of place.
Critters with eight directions will always look like shit in engine where you have only six. Of course, you can't forget that they're coming from other game with its own art direction, which is different than game you want to put them. It's like doing a Frankenstein monster - different pieces, not fitting well to each other.

x'il said:
nah. opi-
Opinion about opinion about opinion about opinion :dance:

Lexx said:
.Pixote. said:

Well, it's much clicky-click, like the original BIS mapper. Some things are much easier and comfortable, such as copy&paste function, etc. With this you can make yourself some templates and use copy&paste to get stuff done faster. Thats how I am building our maps.

But that's how it is now. With a bit more work, it's possible to optimize here and there. Until now it just wasn't really needed.

Really amazing work guys. But I agree with Pixote; you really have to make a level editor which is good otherwise it might all be for naught. Shouldnt be too hard though, what with it being isometric. Maybe even add in a simple system so that anyone can create custom map features? Such as a simple little tool which lets you "paint" new types of wall inside the editor and save them? etc. :)

Wow I would love to make a SP TB Fallout type game with this stuff :D

I hope soon will be the new era with the new engine, where Fallout sprites (walls, land and so on) will be re-done in hi-color pallete (one by one, not the whole amount of work in one time).

Mmmm.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Huh I didn't figure the new engine could be appliable to the old Fallout! That'd be a whole new beginning, just thinking of how many gameplay hours Fallout has makes me happy.

Excellent work, and I'll be seeing you all in the wasteland!

Animations looks awful, like they shit in pants... Speed needs to be adjusted. But overall this is nice)

Voiddweller said:
Animations looks awful, like they shit in pants... Speed needs to be adjusted. But overall this is nice)

How the hell did you find new animation awfull??? It`s much better than the original one - more "frames" - animation is more smooth, models are quite good (Continuum won`t let me lie about this :P )

Hail to the new engine!

Babax said:
How the hell did you find new animation awfull??? It`s much better than the original one - more "frames" - animation is more smooth, models are quite good (Continuum won`t let me lie about this :P )

Hail to the new engine!

Simple because it is whole different artistic approach. It is more about realism. No matter how smooth it is, it is just out of place. There somewhere was a discussion about original fallout style. F1-2 style is much more about comic style, than this damn "realistic" thingy that some people talk about. I agree models from VB is good, i even thought about using some objects and scenery in F3. Though it need some serious texture improvements.

Using VB models in Fallout 3 is a bad idea. Everything is very low poly.

Lexx said:
Using VB models in Fallout 3 is a bad idea. Everything is very low poly.
I mean some scenery, not characters. Not hard to make some more detail and new textures. But i have abandoned that idea because there is really not much to convert. Plus i am too lazy) Still can't finish your flamethrower)

Voiddweller said:
Simple because it is whole different artistic approach. It is more about realism. No matter how smooth it is, it is just out of place. There somewhere was a discussion about original fallout style. F1-2 style is much more about comic style, than this damn "realistic" thingy that some people talk about.
If you don't like current animations/models/whatever you'll have a great opportunity to change them pretty quick. It's 3d now, after all.

Back