FOnline second open test started

I have 3 machine guns, I want to give it to somebody. I showed up at the Chatedral 2 times, but nobody is there. :(

Free guns, but I can't find anybody, who needs these weapons.

Why? You pay your replication costs and you don't go to hell. If you go to hell anyway, you can flee pretty easy.

Well, how does one sneak past the turret then? I've not managed at all yet.

And frankly, the Hell system is so incredibly newbie unfriendly it just amazes me. What are the odds that a long time player who's managed to get cash in his account ever getting to hell?

Skyrage said:
And frankly, the Hell system is so incredibly newbie unfriendly it just amazes me. What are the odds that a long time player who's managed to get cash in his account ever getting to hell?

I saw plenty of hi lvl players in hell. Escaping from it it's so goddamn easy that they do not want to pay money for repl.

You just need to stay close the line, wait till turret will become idle(guns down) and slowly walk to the right/left. Not run.

Don't walk in the center, go along the wall and hide behind it. I tested it and managed to flee in 4 of 5 tests.

Also it is funny to kill people in hell.. wiat until they are going and run into the turret... I killed 3 people at once with this. lol. :)

Skyrage said:
Not only newbie unfriendly but in the end a totally flawed system in other words.

Moreover, lots of people there are killing each other to get xp, so yes, I agree with you that this is broken.

Its easy when you know how ... which is why its newbie unfriendly. What purpose does it actually serve?

scypior said:
Moreover, lots of people there are killing each other to get xp, so yes, I agree with you that this is broken.

This is true but the idea itself isn't bad in my opinion. First I also thought that it will be totally hardcore and so on... but now I like it how it is. Seriously. I also like it that you lose _everything_ when you die. Sure, I get angry when I lost important stuff, but hey... thats it. Next time I kill the other and then HE will lose everything. ;)

Hey guys, I finally got to install it, too.
Some of the traits seem to work and others don't. Can someone tell me which ones work? Bruiser, one hander, kamikaze and skilled don't seem to work. Finesse, gifted, good-natured, heavy handed and small frame seem to work.
What is with the rest? Oh and do npc's remember if they are hostile to me? For trying to steal from them for example?

And some recommendations regarding tags?

Scrap Hell and rethink death consequences. Seriously. After reading all this, I can conclude the current system becomes completely pointless.

A: Only newbie players who have no idea will suffer from the turret, seriously aggravating them.

B: Once they figure out how to pass the turret, the whole replication system falls flat on it's ass and death is thus of 0 consequence apart from item loss. Replication cost system is thus null and void.

C: XP exploit because of deaths being of no consequences.

Work around it all - add a storage fee cost depending on the amount of stuff you have and which you have to pay every X days.
Death itself is equal to loss of all items you have on you and the cost of time it takes to respawn/go back to the area where you died.

somebody knows why the Golden Globes quest is bugged ?

scypior said:
Skyrage said:
Not only newbie unfriendly but in the end a totally flawed system in other words.

if you talk about blue jumpsuits killing each other
near the Hell replication Point i agree with you.....

simply unuseful......

The turret is a retarded joke of russians....

Damn i picked the wrong day to be walking around with 30k in my pocket.

Russian ambush squad in Gecko (server2).

Skyrage said:
Work around it all - add a storage fee cost depending on the amount of stuff you have and which you have to pay every X days.

What do you mean with this exactly?

Instead of making pointless death penalties which only pisses people off, turn it all around and make it so that for instance storage costs is related to the amount of gear you have and maybe level as well.

That way those who have nothing and keep dying lose nothing instead of going through this annoying crap, whilst those who have gears and stuff will have an increased challenge as time moves on.

If I understand you correctly... I don't think, that this will work. The ones who have nothing will lose the stuff everytime they die because they can not pay the storage costs. The better equipped ones... Well, we have much money and we carry only a few items... I only carry my APA, rocket launcher and flamer with me - So I wouldn't need to pay much money and even if - I have enough to die a lot.

No, I think you misunderstood me - those with lots of items stored should pay more. The more items, the higher the total cost.

Those with no items don't have to pay anything. If they have only a couple of items then they pay only 3-4g at most.

Maybe even add item value into the formula.

Right now it is a lose-lose situation for newbies and win-win for those that have managed to pass that barrier. That does not make it a fun game.

Back